• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FowlHunter13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I am pretty happy to see all the possitive responses on the Sparrow. I am in the process of getting my first supressor and I went with the Sparrow. From all the digging I did and from word of mouth with others that have supressors, the Sparrow sounded like the best one in my opinion. Let us know what you end up with.

Mullet Hunter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I am pretty happy to see all the possitive responses on the Sparrow. I am in the process of getting my first supressor and I went with the Sparrow. From all the digging I did and from word of mouth with others that have supressors, the Sparrow sounded like the best one in my opinion. Let us know what you end up with.

I'm swinging back and forth between the sparrow, and the gemtec outback IID

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I have the Gemtech Quicksand and am very pleased with it (so far, 99.99% of the time I use it with the 300 Blackout subsonic). I like my Sparrow as it is easy to take apart for cleaning. I have the old style aluminum one; the new style is SS and weighs about an ounce more and is about an inch shorter. Side by side, I felt the new Sparrow was a touch quieter, but if one buys a Sparrow, it will most likely be the new style anyway, as the old style is no longer made. I sometimes ponder getting my upgraded to new style for $250.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Another suppressor you might want to check out is the SWR Spectre II. The same company that makes it makes the Sparrow. Both are excellent suppressors. The Spectre may dissemble and reassemble a little easier than the Sparrow. You can't go wrong with either one though. I had the choice, and went with the Spectre, but the Sparrow would be just as good.

FowlHunter, let's get together for a suppressor shoot when you get that Sparrow. I'll introduce you to the Pensacola Rifle and Pistol Club's range. It would be a (silent) blast. LOL

Last edited:

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Another suppressor you might want to check out is the SWR Spectre II. The same company that makes it makes the Sparrow. Both are excellent suppressors. The Spectre may dissemble and reassemble a little easier than the Sparrow. You can't go wrong with either one though. I had the choice, and went with the Spectre, but the Sparrow would be just as good.

FowlHunter, let's get together for a suppressor shoot when you get that Sparrow. I'll introduce you to the Pensacola Rifle and Pistol Club's range. It would be a (silent) blast. LOL

Did SWR and Silencerco merge?

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Just a thought on the G5 and 223 in general.

223 is still not very quiet with a can. It's tough to go shoot a 22 with a good can and expect to get the same results when shooting 223(through a 223 can).

FWIW

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just a thought on the G5 and 223 in general.

223 is still not very quiet with a can. It's tough to go shoot a 22 with a good can and expect to get the same results when shooting 223(through a 223 can).

FWIW

Very good info, I was very disappointed when I got my .223 suppressor even though at the time it was one of the best.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It is my understanding that they did. I wouldn't bet a paycheck on it, but I think so.

That is interesting, I had no idea... I wonder how they are going to handle merging two product lines that are in direct competition.

Gentle Wolf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Did SWR and Silencerco merge?

Here is what a quick search turned up on the subject. http://www.thetacticalwire.com/story/243453

"Salt Lake City, UT - Silencerco, the leader in firearm suppressors manufacturing has acquired SWR manufacturing. The acquisition, which was agreed to on August 9th, will serve the industry and consumers by combining the forces of two companies that have a common history of innovative products and superb customer service. This merger will result in streamlined manufacturing resulting in decreased delivery times and most importantly, more innovative product design and increased brand awareness. This merger creates a new benchmark for customer service and product innovation."

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    As Gentle Wolf quoted. I Googled SWR Spectre II and at the bottom of their website it says "A Silencerco Company." It will be interesting to see how their marketing is done in the future. Both are great suppressors though.

Action

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I agree that it's hard to supress a 223 but after shooting a few others I felt it was lacking. I have a Yankee hills 308 can and it is quieter on the 223 than the g5. But at the end of the day I got it for the cool factor and because I'm a gun squirrel! Lol

Major Weapons

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have two SWR Spectre and two AAC Prodigy suppressors on hand. I use the Prodigy as my current demo can. I have sold three sparrows, and KNOW that they are awesome. I will stack either the AAC or the SWR against the sparrow, or I can order you a Sparrow tomorrow. PM me if you are interested.
    Chumley

Major Weapons

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You are correct, Sir! I have ONE Spectre left. Thank you for keeping me straight, Little Jack.

Top Bottom