• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mullet Hunter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Somehow lately I have ended up with several threaded barreled 22's in trades, also I just bought a nice .17hmr with a threaded bbl. I am well aware of the application process and how it works. My question is what suppressor do I buy?? I realize that I'm not gonna be able to hush the .17 but I will use it anyway.

I have fought the silencer thing for years, I have shot several ar15's, mp5's, UMP, etc that were supressed. I have shot one ruger pistol with the integrated can. I really don't have much more expirence with them, and gemtec is about the only name I know...

I guess my questions are:
    What brands offer the best suppression? What brands are the easiest to clean? I guess I want the smallest quietest, easiest to clean suppressor one can buy... Sound off with your thoughts...

statdoc

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Get the Gemtec Outback with the new option to open and clean it. I have been very pleased with mine.

Action

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I love the Silencerco sparrow. It's quiet and easy to clean. Let me know if you want to shoot it. You can come to brewton and shoot it after you cut my grass!

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I also recommend the Sparrow. I believe the new version stainless steel models are rated for the .17HMR.

poff09

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Check out hickok45's youtube page...he made one out of a oil filter...can't b much cheaper than that...lol

GlockGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Check out hickok45's youtube page...he made one out of a oil filter...can't b much cheaper than that...lol

That is the econo-can it cost about $75 for the thread adapter which has to be registered the same as a suppresor $200 tax stamp and all, and then you screw a oil filter on it.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have an AAC Element, if I could do it again, I would probably go with the SS sparrow, or the SWR Spectre since they can also handle 5.7...

Whatever you get, make sure it is user serviceable and stainless so that you can use "the dip" to clean it. Without the dip, or media blasting the baffles, you'd have a pretty tough time getting one clean from my experience.

I have been told that the sealed .22 cans are OK, but after cleaning mine with a few thousand rounds through it it became very obvious that the performance can degrade pretty quickly and they WILL fill up.

MIAMI MATT

Banned
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That is the econo-can it cost about $75 for the thread adapter which has to be registered the same as a suppresor $200 tax stamp and all, and then you screw a oil filter on it.

You can buy the same adapter as an "oil catcher "on ebay

dead-bird

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Get the SS Sparrow and don't look back.

[video]http://m.youtube.com/?client=mv-google&rdm=mijgfz46x#/watch?v=qxZJAUV1O6A[/video]

Last edited:

Gravity3694

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm pretty happy with my Huntertown Arms Guardian (easiest .22 can to disassemble IMHO). I'm somewhat intrigued by the Silencerco Sparrow though. The biggest difference seems to be cones vs monocore baffle.

Top Bottom