• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Finally got to go out and shoot some suppressed stuff today.

HOLY CRAP!!! 22 with the right ammo is ridiculously quiet. All we could hear were the bullet hitting the berm and the trigger going click.

One individual had a AAC handirifle. WOW! No cycling of the action, no supersonic crack.

Two cans pending, time to save up for some more.

And that "individual" is now on the GCGF, so keep me informed of upcoming suppressor/NFA shoots!

Daezee

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I love my suppressors. .22, 9mm. .45, and .223. I want more... All Gem-tech they are great.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Has anyone tried out the adapter that allows you to attach an automotive oil filter as a suppressor. The adapter is registered instead of the can. I tried one the other day and it was "scary" quiet. The first time I ever heard a suppressor that actually sounds like the ones in the movies.

So....do ya change the csn every 3000 shots?

Pigman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wanting to purchase a suppressor for a .223, is there another "shoot" coming up? In Little Jack's or Major Weapons opinion, is the "best" in stock? Since the hiring of the new examiners, Is the current time 5 months? Thanks!

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Why buy a suppressor now? If and when all our evil guns become illegal, what the hell is the difference to add on another violation? That is if your gonna stand around and wait for it. Lot of info on the internet on how to protect your hearing. Threaded barrels are a good investment.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Haven't seen/heard a lot of 223 cans. Probably with 223, you're not going to get it nearly as quiet as a 30cal. Think the M4-2000 is the measuring stick in the last couple of years. Silencerco Saker is the new kid on the block. Think we've hit the wall on suppression, seems like most of the difference is materials, mounts and cost.

We've got a saker on order. If Ian has the time and is game, we can do a side by side comparison. Believe there's a couple of other guys out there that have cans. Any gem tech or YHM owners out there?

Pigman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You are correct with the .223, I must have been tired. What is the general consensus on the best .22 suppressor? I want to buy the best and if it is in stock, please advise.
    Does the second stamp come quicker than the first or does the ATF have to start from ground up with the new trust? Thanks!

Steve

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Haven't seen them come any quicker for the second stamp. Tend to hear the Sparrow thrown around a lot when guys are looking for a decent 22 can. The Spectre from SWR has similar performance and materials but much less. The sparrow vs spectre comes down to a mono core or a baffle stack. Rick has some Prodigy cans on hand with the newest core in them. You'll have to ask him what he thinks. Again, haven't seen much from gem-tech or yhm.

There are a lot of smaller companies out there making quality cans that aren't getting the press. Rick's in talks with a guy up in the NE. He probably has some better info for you.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Haven't seen/heard a lot of 223 cans. Probably with 223, you're not going to get it nearly as quiet as a 30cal. Think the M4-2000 is the measuring stick in the last couple of years. Silencerco Saker is the new kid on the block. Think we've hit the wall on suppression, seems like most of the difference is materials, mounts and cost.

We've got a saker on order. If Ian has the time and is game, we can do a side by side comparison. Believe there's a couple of other guys out there that have cans. Any gem tech or YHM owners out there?

I am always game for some comparative tests, especially if it involves a meet at Jerome's :D

You are correct with the .223, I must have been tired. What is the general consensus on the best .22 suppressor? I want to buy the best and if it is in stock, please advise.
    Does the second stamp come quicker than the first or does the ATF have to start from ground up with the new trust? Thanks!

Steve

With your interest in 5.7x28, I would think that the SWR would be the best bet for you, its heavier than some of the other .22 stuff, but can handle the 5.7 round, which my element regrettably cannot.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A friend of my son got a can for his AR. I was not impressed at all. Then he screwed it on a .22. I was impressed with that. The action working was louder than the report.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A friend of my son got a can for his AR. I was not impressed at all. Then he screwed it on a .22. I was impressed with that. The action working was louder than the report.

Yeah, the current .45, 9MM (shooting subsonics) and .22LR suppressors have the wow factor IMO. The .223 cans cut down a lot of the blast but are still pretty damn loud.

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Im a little slow at times and know nothing at all about suppressors but how are they going to know if you replace the oil filter . Do you have to number the first one you put on in some way.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Im a little slow at times and know nothing at all about suppressors but how are they going to know if you replace the oil filter . Do you have to number the first one you put on in some way.

The registered component is the piece that the filter attaches to, so you can replace the filter element as often as you want. Sort of like some of the suppressors that use "wipes" which are basically disposable baffles.

Pigman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for the info on the SWR! Headed to A shoot soon where my buddies have some nice toys. I will give a report on what I find out and decide on.

Gravity3694

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Anyone got a AAC Tirant 9? I'm pretty close to deciding to buy one, but I'm looking for local opinions if available. The Huntertown Guardian 9 looks nice too and its an amazing value.

Top Bottom