APOD Firearms

Ideas on How to Write a GOOD For Sale Ad !

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'm not real fond of the practice of people showing up only when they are selling something either.

Or their first post is a For Sale ad. I have to say I don't trust these guys near as much as someone I've gotten to know on the forum who has been around a while talking guns or other stuff.

Alcolee

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think this thread should be made "required reading" before anyone can post their first ad. I think I did ok with my first for sale ad. I've been on the forum for over a year and I realize I don't post a bunch, but I check the forum typically at least 2 or 3 times a day. I love reading all the different conversations and have learned a lot. I just tried to look at the previous ads and mimic the goods one and follow the rules. I've sold two guns and purchased/traded another one. I met up with all three people on time and we all did just like we said. I have also tried to respond to all PM offers I received on my guns. Even if I passed on the offer, I still try to be respectful and polite. Like everyone has said...follow the rules and common sense is king. I love this forum and hope it stays around a long time.

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Well the for sale area, for at least firearms has a good template(kudos who created it). I think it should be implemented in all for sale/trade areas. It has all the basics you should know in order to sell an item. And yes I don't think your first post should be a "for sale" ad. For crying out loud at least introduce yourself to everyone. I also think you should have at least a certain time frame of being a member or posts in order to sell items.

I think the MODS should make this a sticky thread!

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jerry pretty much covered it, you can't rule or guideline the stupid out of some people. Common sense and respect needs to prevail in most situations.
    If you say you are going to do a thing then I expect you to do that thing. (Buying or selling what is advertised)
    This is where the buyer/seller reviews section comes in handy. Brant did some organizing of the section to make it a little more efficient and it should be used. Just sayin

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Might be a derail question but why NOT have a post limit? Or this one of the reasons the forum was setup?

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Honestly, I was just trying to get folks to write a decent AD so items may be represented correctlly, and less confusion over terms and condition and such, I had no hopes of converting them to decent people, that would be a whole other conversation.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    This is where the buyer/seller reviews section comes in handy. Brant did some organizing of the section to make it a little more efficient and it should be used. Just sayin

Still working on this when I have time and think about it. Got a long way to go...

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Ok, now: reality.
    I know when I first came on, I screwed up my first ad. I didn't know about the rules, and much less where to find them. I know if everyone had jumped up being an a-hole about how my ad was all jacked up, I probably would've just said, well F these guys and been gone. All I'm saying us let's give the noobs a bit of slack since we all were noobs at one point. Brant is very good about politely reminding or notifying them about the rules, and I think it works very well. Let's keep it friendly, it's what makes this place great.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I know when I first came on, I screwed up my first ad. I didn't know about the rules, and much less where to find them. I know if everyone had jumped up being an a-hole about how my ad was all jacked up, I probably would've just said, well F these guys and been gone. All I'm saying us let's give the noobs a bit of slack since we all were noobs at one point. Brant is very good about politely reminding or notifying them about the rules, and I think it works very well. Let's keep it friendly, it's what makes this place great.

And there you are ladies and gentlemen, the softer side of Dan! :boink:

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

I guess ideas get lost on some, but no intention was ever intended about bashing noobs??? converting anyone to a decent society or such, which is a good idea BTW , just a hopefully helpfull thread gone awry as usual.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I firmly believe that in order to be able to sell a firearm(especially a AR,older Mauser,or 1950's vintage Ruger 10/22)you should have to post a accurate round count. It should have to be proven to be within 25rds. If not,your automatically banned for life. Stanley would be exempt from this rule.

But ...... truthfully,I do believe that a member should have at least XX number of posts before he is allowed to sell,trade,or WTB an item. There .... that would be my one and only "vote". --- SAWMAN

Ambien_Doc

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I had a gentleman...fairly well known on the forum, agree to purchase a handgun from me. We negotiated the price, location, and time to meet up. Not more than 5 minutes later he informs me that he had another gun deal that JUST got agreed upon, and he would have to pass on our deal. While I appreciate him not further wasting my time, and then no-showing, you shouldn't make plans and negotiate every part of the deal and then back out five minutes later at midnight on a Friday. It's poor form.

Also, some people aren't clear on private party sales. Like, no you can't just drive to Georgia if you live in Florida and by Ray-Ray's used Glock from Ray-Ray. Also can't make a straw-purchase.

Most of everyone Ive dealt with here has been awesome though!

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just wana go on record to b clear I still have never read the rules here or at any forum! Ever.....

Top Bottom