HD Tactical

Ideas on How to Write a GOOD For Sale Ad !

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Here's good advice. If you're selling ammo, and your pictures show it to be in boxes, please don't start dumping it into plastic bags when the buyer goes to pick it up. I understand that you want to keep your $2 ammo boxes, but at least list it in the ad to let the buyer know beforehand, so they can go to Academy to pick up their own before headed to meet you. Kind of a cheapskate move IMO. Not to offend, but it is irritating.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I honestly didn't know what to say, and he's a good guy, so I went and bought my own boxes and let it go, but then I found out that he pulled the same move on another member, so I thought I'd drop a hint. I'm not trying to start drama over $2 ammo cases, but it IS a major cheapskate move IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    them dirty sob's. they advertise AMMO at a certain price. then you waist your valuable time to drive all the way over,and shit,they actually have the nerve to NOT throw in the ammo boxes for FREE. even if the seller has more ammo just waitin' to occupy those boxes. it's probably one of the very worse travesties to ever happen hereabouts.

same as when you advertise the sale of your firearm. if a rifle or pistol case is in the pic and the buyer does not have the forethought to bring one of his own..... well ..... give it up you effin cheapskate.

now lemme see ..... gotta find something "major" to whine about. [THINKING ???] --- SAWMAN

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I even dump the ammo out of the factory boxes and bag the ammo when it is sold, darn sure not gonna give away my plastic boxes after giving a good deal on the ammo! Dan you are hard dude!

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    i can see another forum rule on the way. "NOTHING can be shown in your FOR SALE add unless you are prepared to GIVE IT to the prospective buyer."

All in favor ..............? --- SAWMAN

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    i can see another forum rule on the way. "NOTHING can be shown in your FOR SALE add unless you are prepared to GIVE IT to the prospective buyer."

All in favor ..............? --- SAWMAN
    There's going to be a lot of toeless forum members...

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    I'll take freebies, unless specifically specified that the pictured accompaniments are not included.
    24f2e2c2445c268ef3492245e9c6f076.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Can we be more specific? If the photos show tennis shoes does the seller relinquish just the Reeboks or do the toes go with them? I've photographed a couple of guns for sale here on my living room floor. Does the carpet go too?

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Tennis shoes smell to bad but if the carpet will look good in the motorhome I have the right to cut up what I need.LOL

TraderDan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That,s what she said! Just remember if the price is right, nothing else matters!!

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Okay, I'm new and according to my wife not to bright, but I have searched FAQ's and still can't find it. So what is a "bump"?

Periodically bringing your ad to the top of the activity stream by making a post in it. IIRC, you can do it every 3rd day your ad is active.

48 hours, I stand corrected. Thanks.

Last edited:

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Okay, I'm new and according to my wife not to bright, but I have searched FAQ's and still can't find it. So what is a "bump"?

"Bumping" a thread is when you or anyone else posts in that thread. Doing so "bumps" it to the top of the front page of that particular section. By limiting "bumps", we allow a fair opportunity of threads to be seen. If there were no limit, someone could "bump" their thread constantly, keeping it at the top of the front page.

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    If you are going to buy something, don't say you are going to send a MO then cut communications.

Top Bottom