HD Tactical

Ideas on How to Write a GOOD For Sale Ad !

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    You have to admit Stan, you were posting trash when you first started on forums. Today you are a good member of this forum and people actually like you...see how change helps! Hell I even like you and I don't like most people!

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You have to admit Stan, you were posting trash when you first started on forums. Today you are a good member of this forum and people actually like you...see how change helps! Hell I even like you and I don't like most people!

O no doubt. Main issue was it was my first forum ever. I didnt know edicut. Hell i didnt even know what a MOD was for a while. But Yall were dicks to me right off the bat and that set the asshole version in play for me! But all aside the whole promise over bought drinks should have stood from GCFC!!! That is a sacared type of male promise that shouldnt b broken!!

Stanley13

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Bottom line ........ common sense should prevail. Then the "do onto others..." thing should be remembered also. Represent the weapon honestly. Be a man of your word. On the open forum,an "I'll take it" should be the same as a handshake. If it is not .... PLEASE do not respond to any of my adds. --- SAWMAN

This is the one that really gets under my skin. Too many people are afraid they aren't going to get in on a deal, post "I'll take it" and then back out. How many times have we seen a gun relisted after saying SPF ?
    If I was a mod, the person who backed out would be kicked off the forum. In a related theme, it's rude when somebody posts that they are interested and maybe asks a question such as "What part of town are you in ?" and a minute later somebody jumps in and says
    "I'll take it !"
    To me, the proper etiquette would be "I'll take it if Bob doesn't." I just hate rude people and it seems to be getting to be the norm amongst the younger crowd.

Yea a guy on here did this on my leupold scope other day and i let it go. Said ill take it then went and researched it and said never mind its to old.

Deersniper270

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Here's a potentially ambiguous one for me:
    I list good deals because I want them to move quickly so, I'll try to remember to write; "First, I'll take it, gets it" so then someone comes along asking questions about it and saying he's got cash in hand, and continues messaging back and forth, kicking the tires essentially. Meanwhile, someone comes around and says "I'll take it" then the tire kicker gets upset because he missed out due to his hesitation. If I say I need an "I'll take it" that's exactly what I mean, heck after a little negotiating, even a "deal" will suffice, but without that, it's still for sale. Maybe I was wrong?

Maybe they should say "I'll take it upon inspection" ?

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I always say "I'll take it pending an in person inspection". Also, Pictures are great when the ad has good pictures but a lot of pictures are poor and then when you see the for sale item in person your realize the sellers idea of in great shape and yours might be totally different. I've said I'll take something before and then seen it in person and realized the gun wasn't well taken care of and declined to purchase. I'm not sure people realize but I bet more than a few people pass up a lot of for sale posts that don't have pictures. Not sure what it is but I always get the feeling the seller is trying to hide something if they don't post pictures. Another aspect of pictures is a person might not be looking for a particular item but when they see a picture they think that's pretty cool and reconsider. I don't know what every gun looks like so if there are no pictures posted I might just move on not in the mood to research it online especially when the description is limited in details and you're not sure you can even find the exact item online to reference. I feel the more information you can put in your for sale ad the better your chances for success.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Viking AMEN..I lost the RO here in Destin because I dare to ask a question before I committed, the seller did not answer till he had already sold it to another member...No pics, not enough info on the ad, seller not responsive.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    "PM sent" often means some tightwad is trying to lock up a gun while he tries to lowball the seller. This is the internet, not a gunshow. "I'll take it" in the body of the thread should trump any tire kickers trying to beat a guy down on his price.

tros6t

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So many people purchased during the "govt sponsored crisis", many of which did not need or could not really afford, and are trying to sell. And so many on-line and other dealers/sellers ordered tons because they couldn't keep up with the high demand, which dropped to almost nothing, so the supply is huge and the demand is almost zero. This means low prices and even ammo, in most cases, is down to where it was. But as for prices, over the past several years, I have been able to buy new for less than or the same as most are asking used, so I did. Some will pay a little more because of the perceived idea that they are purchasing under the radar. And while I contend that the Feds couldn't keep of with all of the news purchases and couldn't keep up with the many used either, they do watch what goes on, on these "private" sale web sites. Thay however at present don't seem real concerned. I mean some "genius" recently purchased a pistol from someone in P-Cola and then relisted it for sale on Mobile, while the other posting was still up. That takes balls or stupidity as you can be able 99% sure they pistol did not go through an FFL. I look forward to your comments

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    "PM sent" often means some tightwad is trying to lock up a gun while he tries to lowball the seller. This is the internet, not a gunshow. "I'll take it" in the body of the thread should trump any tire kickers trying to beat a guy down on his price.

Not necessarily. The guy might be trying to find out a detail that wasn't in the ad such as whether it's a fixed choke or screw-in chokes. A lot of times, I will PM somebody asking where they are located before I commit. With the price of gas these days, that figures in a lot of times. I'll take it if it's in Escambia or SR counties but I'm not driving to Vernon to pick it up.
    I wanted to buy a gun a while back till I found out the guy was in Marianna.
    It's those that are yelling "I'LL TAKE IT" that are trying to lock it up while they think about it and do some research. And too many times they back out.
    This is a fairly new phenomenon. People used to say "I would like to look at it". Nobody ever bought sight unseen.
    I looked at an item a few months ago that the seller said was like new. It was a good deal. I met him in a parking lot and I would have called the condition "fair". A great deal went south in a hurry. I wouldn't have given him half of what he was asking. I was very polite, thanked him for showing up, but it wasn't what I was looking for.
    I wanted to yell "ARE YOU KIDDING ME ? THANKS FOR WASTING MY TIME!" But that's not my style.
    After I left, I got an e-mail from the punk 1/3 my age dog-cussing me. A real man for sure.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

PM sent often could mean a seller has an asking price above current market value and a potential buyer is just seeing if they can get a fair market price without bringing it up on the thread and derailing it.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Just send a message then - no need for "pm sent". Some one is trying to lay claim without saying "I'll take it". There is no reason to notify the rest of the forum that a PM is sent, unless you want to slow down others.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    While it's best to properly and accurately represent the item, I'd assume all deals to be pending inspection, and if something is misrepresented, the deal is off.

Never a forum member, but don't make me drive halfway across town only to offer $50 than we agreed on. Lol. Cheap bastards. Lol.

Stanley13

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I cant say that i havent experienced all these issue. Point in case last for sale ad i put up said > "posting Ill take it buys u 1 hour" I get tired of guys saying ill take and once u talk they need to wait to Friday and maybe can buy it if wife lets them!

redneck

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    NIB used water bottle $900 OBO firm
    I will meet half way I'm in Tennessee

From The Deep Woods

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1413314604201.jpg
      uploadfromtaptalk1413314604201.jpg
      62.6 KB · Views: 126
    • uploadfromtaptalk1413314615027.jpg
      uploadfromtaptalk1413314615027.jpg
      49.7 KB · Views: 126

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    While it's best to properly and accurately represent the item, I'd assume all deals to be pending inspection, and if something is misrepresented, the deal is off.

Never a forum member, but don't make me drive halfway across town only to offer $50 than we agreed on. Lol. Cheap bastards. Lol.

But Dan if THE SALE IS Dependent on inspection then it easily could depend on less $50 after inspection...just sayin' you still don't have to sell it.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    But Dan if THE SALE IS Dependent on inspection then it easily could depend on less $50 after inspection...just sayin' you still don't have to sell it.

If it's misrepresented, sure, dock the value. I'm talking about: "oh, yeah, looks great, but um, would you take: $-50" for no particular reason other than the buyer thinking that because I've got the time invested, I'll let it go. Then "sorry, just had to ask". Lol, um, no!
    THAT is cheap bastard behavior, and it only happen bed twice, but never a forum member. Just sayin'

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Just send a message then - no need for "pm sent". Some one is trying to lay claim without saying "I'll take it". There is no reason to notify the rest of the forum that a PM is sent, unless you want to slow down others.

When I see "PM sent", I always assumed that the guy just wanted to make sure that the seller saw the PM. Sometimes people check their ads for activity without taking the time to sign in so they wouldn't know there's a PM waiting.
    A lot of times I will be on a forum and it will say something like "100 people on-line. 25 members and 75 guests." I'm betting that most of those "guests" are members who didn't bother signing in.

Top Bottom