• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    The statue of Confederate General Robert E. Lee that once stood in Charlottesville, Virginia, was secretly melted down at a ceremonial event.

After both cultural and legal battles, the statue of Lee that sparked the infamous Charlottesville "Unite the Right" rally was reportedly melted in a secretive ceremony in order to ensure the safety of those involved. The Washington Post reported that the statue met its end "in a 2,250-degree furnace" when it was "secretly melted down" to become a new piece of public art that is inclusive. When it's dun in secret that means they don't have concenses. We need to do the same thing. Sounds childish but if there's no accountability they will continue the bad behavior.

Footage of Lee’s likeness being melted went viral across social media.

I will never, ever visit or spend a dime in Charlottesville. How dare they. mlk jr. statues need to meet the same fate.

Rober-E-Lee-Statue-Removal-3.jpg

Last edited:

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    The statue of Confederate General Robert E. Lee that once stood in Charlottesville, Virginia, was secretly melted down at a ceremonial event.

After both cultural and legal battles, the statue of Lee that sparked the infamous Charlottesville "Unite the Right" rally was reportedly melted in a secretive ceremony in order to ensure the safety of those involved. The Washington Post reported that the statue met its end "in a 2,250-degree furnace" when it was "secretly melted down" to become a new piece of public art that is inclusive. When it's dun in secret that means they don't have concenses. We need to do the same thing. Sounds childish but if there's no accountability they will continue the bad behavior.

Footage of Lee’s likeness being melted went viral across social media.

I will never, ever visit or spend a dime in Charlottesville. How dare they. mlk jr. statues need to meet the same fate.

Rober-E-Lee-Statue-Removal-3.jpg
    In my opinion it's much more than sad, it should have been a ballot initiative. Let the voters decide. How much of tax payer money is going to be spent to melt down and make into something inclusive? I'm asking for a friend.

Last edited:

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    An entire community catering to the complaints of weak-minded and weak-spined crybabies who feel offended...

January 19th was “Robert E. Lee Day” well before it was ever MLK Day.

Personally, I feel the thin-skinned spineless whiners should get over themselves and stop destroying historical items that offend their poor-baby feelings.

I’ve said it every January, and now I’ll say it a little louder from now on:

Happy Robert E. Lee Day

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

Although Babylon Bee is satire, I feel as though this was done and embellished to keep racism, separation alive and well in the states. It keeps us focused on what they want and not what is really transpiring.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Great, that oughta do it. Erase history and it never happened. Pretty much a gaurantee it'll be repeated. Brotherly love, peace, and unity among all is just around the corner. All that's left is to enact "laws" to force that into being. It'll be great I tell ya :rolleyes:

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Could write a book on this subject. Harder now than it used to be to have discussions with folks about this. No one knows what the Corwin amendment was, no one knows what the Morrill tariff was, never read lincoln’s own writings, don’t know grant’s actual first name, never read the emancipation proclamation, all they know is what the media pushes, slavery bad and the north taught us better. “Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book has been rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street and building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And that process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped.”

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am constantly amazed at how irate people get about the removal of these monuments.

Nobody is erasing history. The confederacy lost. There’s hundreds if not thousands of books written about it. You can read all about it there.

Germany has not forgotten the Nazis, but guess what they don’t have in Germany? Monuments to Nazis. Even better, if you simply possess Nazi relics or display Nazi iconography, they lock your ass up.

Furthermore, many of these Confederate monuments were erected by proponents of Jim Crow laws, segregationists, and other local governments resistant to the Civil Rights movement. They were not built to remember the fallen soldiers of a losing side, but to assert dominance over and continue disenfranchising African Americans in the parts of the country where slavery had once stood.

If you have bigoted viewpoints, fine, whatever, that’s on you. Just do everyone a favor and stop trying to whitewash it into something that it is not.

As you were.

PINELOG

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am constantly amazed at how irate people get about the removal of these monuments.

Nobody is erasing history. The confederacy lost. There’s hundreds if not thousands of books written about it. You can read all about it there.

Germany has not forgotten the Nazis, but guess what they don’t have in Germany? Monuments to Nazis. Even better, if you simply possess Nazi relics or display Nazi iconography, they lock your ass up.

Furthermore, many of these Confederate monuments were erected by proponents of Jim Crow laws, segregationists, and other local governments resistant to the Civil Rights movement. They were not built to remember the fallen soldiers of a losing side, but to assert dominance over and continue disenfranchising African Americans in the parts of the country where slavery had once stood.

If you have bigoted viewpoints, fine, whatever, that’s on you. Just do everyone a favor and stop trying to whitewash it into something that it is not.

As you were.
    They are not only trying to erase history , but distort it also. Lee himself warned that this would happen.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0

lees way2

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

As you were.
    As you were my ass. your post makes me want to puke. Is it ok to take one down that someone dont like and put another up that someone one else likes. I dont think so, if one gets you butt hurt and the other dont put them all up and quit bitching and crying. Oh yea I aint irate, You need to take take take your blinders off and see the shit hole we are going down in the good ol USA.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    This is how they think... fine should have been 250,000. It's not about history, it's about their wittle feelings.

Last edited:

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

As you were.

“Bigoted viewpoints” because we aren’t physically scared and shaking at the sight of an historic monument?

You typed: ”Even better, if you simply posses ___ relics or display ___ iconography, they lock your ass up.”
    “Even better”? So, as far as you’re concerned, just possessing a Confederate Flag is grounds to lock someone in jail?

You also typed: ”… continue disenfranchising African Americans” Seriously? With a statue? In 2023???

ANY person who feels OPPRESSED by a statue in 2023 needs to turn in their driver’s license and voting rights and curl up in a ball somewhere because they most-likely aren’t a productive member of society.

”As you were”? You ABSOLUTELY don’t outrank us. EABOD.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    “Bigoted viewpoints” because we aren’t physically scared and shaking at the sight of an historic monument?

You typed: ”Even better, if you simply posses ___ relics or display ___ iconography, they lock your ass up.”
    “Even better”? So, as far as you’re concerned, just possessing a Confederate Flag is grounds to lock someone in jail?

You also typed: ”… continue disenfranchising African Americans” Seriously? With a statue? In 2023???

ANY person who feels OPPRESSED by a statue in 2023 needs to turn in their driver’s license and voting rights and curl up in a ball somewhere because they most-likely aren’t a productive member of society.

”As you were”? You ABSOLUTELY don’t outrank us. EABOD.
    sweaty ones....

ccc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    The difference in us and them ? We are outraged on a “Gun Forum”. The left has learned that “the squeaky wheel gets the grease”. They March, they assemble, they write their elected officials, they get RESULTS ! We complain in the shadows.

Top Bottom