• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Lost power last night at 2000. Still out this AM. House getting warmer but not too bad ... so far.
    Power companies will not send out crews in this wind so we just might be in for a long period without.
    Looked around with thermal. No big limbs or trees down.
    Got out my super bright light to shine on any and all vechicles cruising the neighborhood. My multi pocketed vest is loaded up with the essentials needed to confront suspicious doode's. Carbine in great room now. Three Glocks throughout the house.
    Do not hear any generators yet.
    Hope everyone is safe and stays that way. ---- SAWMAN
    My generator will not be going on until the winds stop. We just have not yet gotten hit by the big winds yet.

LtDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hope y'all staying safe and dry. Breezy out here in Point Baker (Milton) finally lost juice about 45 min ago. But we safe and dry.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

moron1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I live a mile from the sound and I'm amazed that we have not lost power yet! We have had worse flooding in our yard from spring rains. So far Sally has not been too bad of a storm for me but I'm going to knock on wood anyways. I hope the rest of you get through with minimum problems also!

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I got an email telling me that UPS will be delivering something here tomorrow. I really doubt it...

Is this UPS's motto?? I may be mistaken....

Nethier snow nor rain nor gloom of night
    through bandit's hell, through firefight....through flood and plague we cannot fail. ...no Hillary trash will stop the mail.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    We lost power & landline phones just for a few seconds this morning here in Midway. Looks like my neighbor's tree took out a small section of our shared fence, but nothing too bad. Some water pooling in low areas of the yard, but actually not as bad as I expected...yet.

ccather

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Have a few missing shingles and a few branches broken.

Looking for a roofer. I know me and a few others! Any recommendations?

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've been praying for everyone impacted by Sally, First Responders and Utility Workers. Some folks don't partake but I'm asking for coverage anyway.

Crane down across a bridge, another with a Section collapsed, water main break, power out and of course the flooding, Gulf Shores lost a big section of refurbished Pier: Sally is a nasty girl!

Trench and pumps couldn't keep up. Had to open the side wooden gate to get better flow at 6AM. Water was four inches below back door, water has receded now back to trench level. Levels rise and fall with ever heavy rain band dump.

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Power went out sometime after noon. I went to check on my sister and property I don’t live on just after noon. Saw a tree had took out the power line about a mile from my home as we were coming home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just got word, two separate relatives families in Ca got 5 min warning to get out of houses yesterday. People safe, everything else burnt to the ground, remaing injured livestock being put down. Count your Blessings big and small.

polebarn

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've been praying for everyone impacted by Sally, First Responders and Utility Workers. Some folks don't partake but I'm asking for coverage anyway.

Crane down across a bridge, another with a Section collapsed, water main break, power out and of course the flooding, Gulf Shores lost a big section of refurbished Pier: Sally is a nasty girl!

Trench and pumps couldn't keep up. Had to open the side wooden gate to get better flow at 6AM. Water was four inches below back door, water has receded now back to trench level. Levels rise and fall with ever heavy rain band dump.

215ea617-186f-42f5-b156-707a2a59c358-large16x9_ThreeMileBirdge.jpg

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Lost power at 9pm. Had to take the little one and my wife to friends out in Pace that still have power.

So far its just been my fence getting blown over on both sides of the house and the neighbors shingles everywhere.

Power is sill out and no Idea of when it will come back on.

Thankful it wasn't worse for my first hurricane.

Generator is the only thing I think I would have liked to have but didn't.

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I live just off Highway 90 and since midday have seen multiple convoys of 3 to 14 power trucks of various companies heading EAST, and a couple of convoys of the orange Asplundh trucks too. Guess they either finished up early or just weren't needed.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I live just off Highway 90 and since midday have seen multiple convoys of 3 to 14 power trucks of various companies heading EAST, and a couple of convoys of the orange Asplundh trucks too. Guess they either finished up early or just weren't needed.

Wow Pensacola needs them!

Latest posts

Top Bottom