• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nice buck. Why is the ruger not doing good?? My sister in law wanted one like mine in x39 but we could not find one in her price range. Member - Fir hooked us up with the rarr 350L for a good $$. I need to convert the x39 over to ar mags.
    The Ruger has an awful pointed box magazine, pokes me in the back when I shoulder it, HATE IT. The rifle just feels cheaply made to me, ought not be saying that if I intend to sell it, damn good shooter though. Don’t like to put a brand down over another but the Savage is head over heals above the Ruger, bought both of them at the same time to see which one I liked the best

DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Some excitement at school this morning, friend of mine that’s also in my hunting club just sent this pic, the buck busted through 2 windows at the Opp Middle School, (Opp AL) , the police had to shoot it. My pal that sent the pic works at the Bus Shop for the school system so the meat did not go to waste, he dressed it out at the shop.

Attachments

• 225A3AE7-0EDA-4367-A6B3-A6CFB769165E.jpeg
      225A3AE7-0EDA-4367-A6B3-A6CFB769165E.jpeg
      1.4 MB · Views: 44

DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    The rut makes them do some stupid things, this school is about 1/2 mile off old US Hwy 331 down a long winding drive so no way a vehicle spooked it.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    The Ruger has an awful pointed box magazine, pokes me in the back when I shoulder it, HATE IT. The rifle just feels cheaply made to me, ought not be saying that if I intend to sell it, damn good shooter though. Don’t like to put a brand down over another but the Savage is head over heals above the Ruger, bought both of them at the same time to see which one I liked the best
    Get one of the shorter 5 rd mags. Factory is a blocked 10. It's built to be lightweight also built to price point. Love my x39. Had to clean up some small burrs and curled machined metal but great now. Paid 600 for mine due to none available. Yes, I just had to have it now!

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Get one of the shorter 5 rd mags. Factory is a blocked 10. It's built to be lightweight also built to price point. Love my x39. Had to clean up some small burrs and curled machined metal but great now. Paid 600 for mine due to none available. Yes, I just had to have it now!
    ** also a mag puller thingy would cover the end.

DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Piss on the 350 Legend, had a TROPHY walk out about 5:00 this evening, broadside at 80 yds, I take the shot, buck jumps straight up and arches his back, before I could rack another round in the chamber he got away, left out like he was fixing to face plant and thought he probably fell 30 yds from point of impact. Looked for almost 2 hours and then brought a dog in, first blood was about 60 yds from where I shot him. Just got home, tired as hell, tracking dog followed the blood about one mile off of the lease on to private property, blood ended at edge of a pond. Home owner wasn’t happy about the 7 of us that came on to his property, knocked on his door to ask for permission to continue the search and was granted permission, last drop of blood was at his pond, left my name and number for him to call me if he sees the buck in the Pond tomorrow or sees buzzards circling on his land. Got two 350 Legends, this is first deer I’ve ever shot with one, both are tack drivers, but no confidence in this caliber now. Lost a trophy that I hit with 2 shots about 9 years ago, not a good feeling.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Piss on the 350 Legend, had a TROPHY walk out about 5:00 this evening, broadside at 80 yds, I take the shot, buck jumps straight up and arches his back, before I could rack another round in the chamber he got away, left out like he was fixing to face plant and thought he probably fell 30 yds from point of impact. Looked for almost 2 hours and then brought a dog in, first blood was about 60 yds from where I shot him. Just got home, tired as hell, tracking dog followed the blood about one mile off of the lease on to private property, blood ended at edge of a pond. Home owner wasn’t happy about the 7 of us that came on to his property, knocked on his door to ask for permission to continue the search and was granted permission, last drop of blood was at his pond, left my name and number for him to call me if he sees the buck in the Pond tomorrow or sees buzzards circling on his land. Got two 350 Legends, this is first deer I’ve ever shot with one, both are tack drivers, but no confidence in this caliber now. Lost a trophy that I hit with 2 shots about 9 years ago, not a good feeling.
    That's terrible. I'm using the win 180gr sp. No deer yet with it. AR.
    Been toting my x39 rarr lately.

hunter01

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Yeah that's no good, I know the one my son shot with his 350 was a mess inside. Using the Hornaday American whitetail. Deer ran about 50 yards and there was blood from point of impact.

DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I lost my trophy buck the other day shooting 180 grain Federal ammo. I have been told by some folks to step down to 150 grain bullets, apparently the dog tracking services have been busy helping look for wounded deer quite often with the 180’s in the 350 Legend around here. I’m wondering if there’s just not enough powder in the hulls for the 180 gr. to do it’s job. The buck I lost would probably have weighed in the neighborhood of 210 lbs. Shot the rifle yesterday to check the optics and it’s still zeroed at 1” high at 100 yds. and no I didn’t have buck fever, made a good shot on the buck at 80 yds, just no exit wound. Right now I’m done with the light weight easy to tote pea shooters. Back to the heavy toting big calibers for me, even if I have to use a dang set of hand trucks to get the cannon to my stand I’m not fooling around with anything marginal no more.

Top Bottom