• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    View attachment 134291 Browning BSS I have wanted and looked for one of these for years in 20 ga. I don't look often enough I suppose but I rarely see them for sale.
    I just looked at those the other day... out of production since 87? Holy cats, they are out of this world on the prices.

Boardfeet

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Fathertime

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    View attachment 134291 Browning BSS I have wanted and looked for one of these for years in 20 ga. I don't look often enough I suppose but I rarely see them for sale.
    My friend Steve over at Three Notch Pawn in Andalusia had one a couple of years ago the price then was $1500.00 I almost went and bought it but didn’t. Might still have it you never know, he had it for several years before I looked at it, said most folks won’t pay that kind of price.

5lima30ret

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I am still looking for a 30's vintage Winchester Mod 37 .410 that I purchased from a friend years ago. Unfortunately it was stolen during a burglary of my residence in 1983 :( It couldn't be entered NCIC because those models didn't have serial numbers:(

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am still looking for a 30's vintage Winchester Mod 37 .410 that I purchased from a friend years ago. Unfortunately it was stolen during a burglary of my residence in 1983 :( It couldn't be entered NCIC because those models didn't have serial numbers:(
    Man you break my heart.. In looking on Gunbroker I did not even see one in 410. So do you know why the 410 is so rare??

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Colt Delta elite, Wylie Clapp 3" Ruger GP100, Ruger 3 screw Blackhawk 4 5/8' in .41mag... just off the top of my head. would love to get my M1 Garand National Match back but it was stolen 25ish years ago now. also miss my 1897 Winchester takedown in 12ga stolen at the same time as my M1 Garand.
    OK this is boot stomping crap.. do not want to dwell on the slime who did this.. But Seriously, I could not take this.. Can we start doing some bake sales to correct this.. Looks like a solid 3k could make you whole.. You have to get these back..

5lima30ret

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Man you break my heart.. In looking on Gunbroker I did not even see one in 410. So do you know why the 410 is so rare??
    At the time I bought it I didn't realize how rare that model was in .410! I bought it as a shooter for the princely sum of $50! I have had several .410's since then, none have patterned as nicely as that one! It was surprisingly accurate with slugs as well!

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    At the time I bought it I didn't realize how rare that model was in .410! I bought it as a shooter for the princely sum of $50! I have had several .410's since then, none have patterned as nicely as that one! It was surprisingly accurate with slugs as well!
    OK, you know what. It may not be as hopeless.. I was playing with the search alittle (amazing how many ways to say Winchester model 37 410. o_O) Anyhoo.. Found there were a couple out there and a few in the past did not go to awful crazy.

This auction was from a company that got alot of traffic and this was not toooooo killer

Another point this is a 37a??? was that closer to yours.

5lima30ret

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    It was definitely not a Mod 37A. Those were produced much later and I believe were made in Canada as I recall. I'm pretty sure mine had a 26" barrel and it definitely had not been shortened. FWIW, my name was written under the butt plate. FWIW, it was stolen in New Mexico.

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It was definitely not a Mod 37A. Those were produced much later and I believe were made in Canada as I recall. I'm pretty sure mine had a 26" barrel and it definitely had not been shortened. FWIW, my name was written under the butt plate. FWIW, it was stolen in New Mexico.
    Nice that it was made in Canada, that links it back to the days of the Old Cooey arms company of Canada.. Real sweet..

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Winchester model 94 in 7-30 waters
    There was one in a Garth’s estate auction about 4 years ago. Everything was a bargain in that auction.
    I seriously thought about it but I had already bought two 94s and a couple of others so didn’t bid.
    I was kicking myself after finding out how rare they are.
    I’ve always got my eyes open for a 4” stainless Ruger Security 6 but never see them for sale. I know I could go to GB and pay a crazy price but what’s the fun in that?
    I was also looking for a ‘70s Super Blackhawk but found that at the Milton gun show a couple of weeks ago.

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Always wanted a Steyr SSG, a Henry golden boy .22, and an original Sign P210 Target.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    SIG P210...awesome pistol. When stationed at Bethesda Naval Hospital in 79-81 I met and became friends with the Swedish Naval Attache. He had a 210 with conversion kits for .22 and 7.65 so he could shoot all 3 calibers. That's when I was introduced to the 210 when he was shooting it with a Ransome Rest at 50m testing ammo at a local club and my seeing how accurate it was.

I bought a P210-6 years ago. Came with a SIG adjustable rear sight, but ALWAYS shot way high, as in I mean really high, higher than a 50m 6 o'clock hold as they came from the factory. Never could find a SIG higher front sight to bring the impact point down. Then one day when I was getting into Swiss military rifles and doing some translation of German to English, I decided to translate what one of the stickers on my P210's box said in English. Turns out my 210-6 originally had fixed sights...someone in the pistol's history had replaced the rear sight with an adjustable one but never put a matching higher front sight on it. I have a SIG front sight tool for installing/removing/zeroing the front sight. Found a proper front sight and rear fixed sight on Ebay. Swapped sights, and now my 210-6 is easier to shoot/hit with instead of having to hold a foot or more under the target.

Yes, I looked for an "affordable" P210-6 on and off for years.

My P210-6 experience led me to buying a Swiss P49, which led me to the Swiss Army officer that had been issued it, which led to I now own a 1st Lt Swiss kepi, his officer dress belt and buckle, holster, collar and shoulder insignia of his...and photos of him wearing that belt and buckle, his first unit and pages from his service record and weapons records books showing that same pistol's serial number.

lil'skeet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Taurus Raging Hornet. I don't know why, I hate taurus, know ammo is impossible or very expensive to get at best, they are probablyselling for 3x what they originallysold for, and I would probably never shoot it.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I really do not understand why most shooters/hunters poo-poo the Taurus line of REVO's.
    It has been my expierance that,for the money,they are fine guns.
    I believe that most expect to get a S&W or Colt quality revo,for a Taurus price.
    I have owned several including two different TRACKER mods and a Rageing Bull chambered in 454Casull. The 454 was constantly fed a diet of 60,000psi+ loads. It held up fine and stayed tighter than expected. Same with the 44Mag TRACKER's that I owned.
    I have never owned a Taurus pistol and probably never would. --- SAWMAN

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I really do not understand why most shooters/hunters poo-poo the Taurus line of REVO's.
    It has been my expierance that,for the money,they are fine guns.
    I believe that most expect to get a S&W or Colt quality revo,for a Taurus price.
    I have owned several including two different TRACKER mods and a Rageing Bull chambered in 454Casull. The 454 was constantly fed a diet of 60,000psi+ loads. It held up fine and stayed tighter than expected. Same with the 44Mag TRACKER's that I owned.
    I have never owned a Taurus pistol and probably never would. --- SAWMAN
    Mines a damm good shooter. 357.

Attachments

• 20201110_201549_001.jpg
      20201110_201549_001.jpg
      1.9 MB · Views: 78

ElectroChris

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ooooo. I worked in the gun department at the Sportster in Tyler in the 80s. There was a satin nickel Browning Hi Power 9mm in the case that I have always lusted to have.

Top Bottom