• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gulf Coast O

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    GCO is proud to announce our partnership with Santa Rosa Shooting Center. We will hold our one day handgun course on 18 Feb at SRSC. Cost will be $125, we will have a max of 15 slots, course of fire is 8 hours, we will break for lunch.

Sign in will be at 730am, with training beginning promptly at 8am. We plan to finish at 5pm.

Our course is designed for the new to advanced shooter, our professional instructors will quickly help you learn and improve the basics of gun handling and marksmanship. You will then encounter multiple malfunction, reload, and shooting drills designed to make you more comfortable with your pistol. Engagements will be single and multiple targets. At the end of the day we will finish up with a fun and challenging run and gun course.

Each shooter needs to bring pistol, holster, 2-4 mags (the more the better, we like shooting more than reloading), 450 rounds of ammo, eye protection, ear protection, sunscreen, clothing appropriate for the weather, lunch, water.

This course will fill up quick. Contact me here or via email at gulfcoastoutfitters@yahoo.com, if you have any questions feel free to call, Steve 850-218-8680

Mullet Hunter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dosent really affect most of us but.... Is this a NRA sponsored course? Are you sanctioned by the NRA as an instructor? Are you a FDLE certified firearms instructor? What I'm getting at is this class gonna meet requirements for concieled carry and be an accepted form of instruction mandated by the department of agriculture? Or, is this an I pay you $125 and I get to learn about firearm safety, and I get to shoot all while you guys instruct by helping me with my technique, and attempting to break me from bad habits essentially making me a better shooter?? Not trying to be an thorn, I just thought of it as pertinant questions.....

Gulf Coast O

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    No worries MH, as of right now this course is designed to make you be a better shooter. In the future all of our courses will meet the training requirements for the CCW.

Gulf Coast O

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Registration for all shooters must be complete by Feb 15th, contact me to pre-register.

Mullet Hunter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    No worries MH, as of right now this course is designed to make you be a better shooter. In the future all of our courses will meet the training requirements for the CCW.

Ok so let me see if I got this figured out..... I pay you $125 to teach me to shoot at a public range, using my guns, and my ammo and you don't certify folks to obtain an Carry permit?? You have obviously got the cart before the horse...

Kinda like charging someone $125 to shoot redheads and bluebills on the intercostal... You must not be a native....

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This is my personel opinion and I agree with earlier posts. but I must put a disclaimer in my posts as not to hurt anyone feelings. But..

Attachments

• Nobody_cares[1].jpg
      Nobody_cares[1].jpg
      20.4 KB · Views: 297

Gulf Coast O

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ok so let me see if I got this figured out..... I pay you $125 to teach me to shoot at a public range, using my guns, and my ammo and you don't certify folks to obtain an Carry permit?? You have obviously got the cart before the horse...

Kinda like charging someone $125 to shoot redheads and bluebills on the intercostal... You must not be a native....

Thanks for the interest MH, a lot of folks want the training, especially folks who already have their CCW. And $125 is cheap for this course, look around the net and see what some folks charge, upwards of $800.

Mullet Hunter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Thanks for the interest MH, a lot of folks want the training, especially folks who already have their CCW. And $125 is cheap for this course, look around the net and see what some folks charge, upwards of $800.

I recon with my FDLE certification, and being a certified NRA instructor with experience then I should charge $800 a head to come shoot with me at my private range... I've even got guns... Plus I might know some folks that could help me teach.....

Gulf Coast O

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thats your business if you choose to do so. Or you could charge folks $400 a day and up to catch redfish and trout, I reckon you are a pretty good fisherman too.

FUPAGUNT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just curious GCO, what are your qualifications? NRA instructor? Former LEO? Some youtube ninja with a couple of guns? Details man

Gulf Coast O

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thats your business if you choose to do so. Or you could charge folks $400 a day and up to catch redfish and trout, I reckon you are a pretty good fisherman too.

22 years special ops in the military, current qualified military instructor for Berreta 9mm/Glock 19/M4 rifle. Multiple shooting schools across the nation. All of my instructors have similar qualifications including being involved in many gunfights over the past eleven years. Engagements range from 25 meters out past 300 meters.

Apologies, no ninja quals....

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So now we have the quals....and the price seems fair considering what some "schools" are charging. My only gripe would be the @500 round count. In this current ammo market, can anyone really afford to dump 500 rounds out of their "stash?" Or worse, try to go out and find/buy 500 rounds before the school starts?

Gulf Coast O

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So now we have the quals....and the price seems fair considering what some "schools" are charging. My only gripe would be the @500 round count. In this current ammo market, can anyone really afford to dump 500 rounds out of their "stash?" Or worse, try to go out and find/buy 500 rounds before the school starts?

Yeah, we talked about that. Its tough to get quality instruction without the repetition of the drills. I would feel uncomfortable going through one drill, firing a few rounds and then moving on the next drill. We want folks to get all of the motions down so they can remember what they learned and practice on their own at a later date at whichever range they have access to.

We talked about providing ammo but obviously that would increase the cost of the course.

jogan

Bobblehead Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    how 'bout $100 per student, and ya'll supply the airsoft guns! think you can still get 600 airsoft bbs for a few bucks!lol

Gulf Coast O

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    hells yeah! now we're talkin!!!

All kidding aside we actually have done airsoft training in the military. We found that after awhile there were issues with muscle memory in high stress situations. Nothing like training with the real thing. For force on force now we use paint tipped bullets, you tend to respect being on the other end of em, adds a bit of realism with less blood.

Top Bottom