• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ccc

Master
    We are relocating to fla for the weather ...snow suks
    Oh and it’s grits here not cream of wheat, and spam not scrapple………..EVERY Soda Pop is a Coke, then you ask “What kind of coke do you want, Fanta Orange, 7 Up, Dr. Pepper, Pepsi”. Beef Jerky and Pork Rinds are fine dining. Just saying………

sloporsche

Marksman
    margaritaville bay county ...old people place
    Oh and it’s grits here not cream of wheat, and spam not scrapple………..EVERY Soda Pop is a Coke, then you ask “What kind of coke do you want, Fanta Orange, 7 Up, Dr. Pepper, Pepsi”. Beef Jerky and Pork Rinds are fine dining. Just saying………
    Yes,we came down a couple of times for the buying process and took the time really check out the hood ...they have normal yankee food lol.

sloporsche

Marksman
    I’m originally from Panama City. That used to all be hunting land.
    The whole area was very different in the ‘60s and ‘70s.
    There is a pretty good population of gators in the retention basins being photographed ,i do feel guilty about displacing the wildlife ,the development [latitude margaritaville ] will build over 3k units there with an option to triple. The tourist season does not make me happy with certain groups of drunkin ninjas doing weekend takeovers or the 2 week visitors [probably those pesky yankee families lol] creates a traffic nightmare . We are 8 miles from the beach and on the land side of the inner coastal waterway so no interest to the mobs to poke around. We are quick learners of what to avoid during those few months .

sloporsche

Marksman
    Just leave all Budweiser products in Jersey, and vote Desantis when you arrive ! : )
    I never liked their swill, now more than ever ,desantis is one of many reasons we are moving there. We are bring the thinned out contents of our house ,a few rifles and lotsa 7.62x39 ,a little boston terror ,a black porsche and of course as a carpetbagger all our dirty yankee money lol.

tomabbate

Shooter
    This week in Florida:

"The NAACP says Florida isn’t safe for Black people. Unfortunately, they’re right"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/t...eople-unfortunately-they-re-right/ar-AA1bFJnU

This week in Africa:

"Fulgence Kayishema, most wanted Rwandan genocide suspect, arrested in South Africa, authorities say

Fulgence Kayishema has been on the run for more than two decades.

He is accused of orchestrating the killing of thousands of people at a church in the Kivumu commune of western Rwanda's Kibuye prefecture in 1994 when he was the local police inspector...

The Rwandan genocide occurred in 1994 as divisions between Rwanda's two main ethnic groups came to a head. The Rwandan government, controlled by extremist members of the Hutu ethnic majority, launched a systemic campaign with its allied Hutu militias to wipe out the Tutsi ethnic minority, slaughtering more than 800,000 people over the course of 100 days, mostly Tutsis and the moderate Hutus who tried to protect them, according to U.N. estimates.

In April 1994, during the early days of the genocide, more than 2,000 Tutsi men, women and children sought refuge in the Nyange parish church in Kivumu after they were surrounded and attacked by Kayishema's police force and members of the Hutu militia Interahamwe, according to an indictment filed by the International Criminal Tribunal for Rwanda in 2001. The indictment accuses Kayishema of directly participating in the planning and execution of the attacks on the Tutsi population in Kivumu and the ensuing massacre at the church.

Kayishema, a Hutu, allegedly obtained and distributed fuel in an attempt to burn down the church while the Tutsi refugees were barricaded inside. He and others then allegedly brought in a bulldozer to demolish the building, causing the roof to collapse on those inside. Anyone found alive was killed. Kayishema and others then supervised the burial of the bodies in mass graves over the next two days, according to the indictment."

https://abcnews.go.com/Internationa...n-genocide-suspect-arrested/story?id=99594465

Now, there are quite a few Rwandans in Florida, so...Florida is as safe a place as any

tomabbate

Shooter
    Funny they announce all this CRAP three days before Desantis announces his run for president. Then the LGBTQFBCSTLYUOPAZMCX announces they were getting on board because gays aren’t safe here either. Yet Pcola beach will be wall to wall with gays this weekend from all over the country with not ONE IN DANGER ! Look I could give a crap less what you do in your bedroom, that is between you and god, what I and Desantis are saying is just keep it away from minor kids ! Is that so flipping hard to comprehend??? And get this DEI crap out of our schools and teach the three R’s, reading riteing, and rithmatic !!!!
    FL
    Is as safe or safer than most areas. People are moving here from all over. The national press is pathetic

Kowpot

Shooter
    You might have done better picking a place 20-30 miles north, and/or west. Could have bought acreage and had your own shooting range
    We're 100 miles north in Alabama, cost of living is much cheaper, and I don't think we have any travel bans?? DeSantis is a better gov than MeeMaw, no doubt.
    The problem with Alabama is, it's a STOP AND ID state. Plus there is sales tax on "everything". Other than that, it's perfect.

DustyDog

Master
    I never liked their swill, now more than ever ,desantis is one of many reasons we are moving there. We are bring the thinned out contents of our house ,a few rifles and lotsa 7.62x39 ,a little boston terror ,a black porsche and of course as a carpetbagger all our dirty yankee money lol.
    A Black Porsche? Like this one? (that's me gettin' tickled : )

me, Dad & Porsche 004web.jpg

tomabbate

Shooter
    Nice place to live. Summers hotter than I thought. Schools being forced to teach ABC’s which I like. Let kids be kids

DustyDog

Master
    Nice place to live. Summers hotter than I thought. Schools being forced to teach ABC’s which I like. Let kids be kids
    Temps are more moderate in South Florida (along the southeast coast, at least), but there's a "travel advisory" : )

Top Bottom