• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boondoggle

Shooter
    Going to have to take advantage of bow season down here since it so long and MZ doesn't happen until after rifle starts.

Leaning heavily towards a crossbow since I wouldn't be learning a completely new discipline as compared to a standard bow. I get that it's not gun hunting at all but it's a lot closer than regular bow.

Since the plan is to use it to take a doe or two before rifle starts, I don't want to spend $2-3K but I also don't want something I'm going to want to upgrade from instantly. The ceiling in my head at the moment is around $1K although if I could spend less that wouldn't suck.

Any input is most appreciated.

Sam 270

Expert
    Seen were a pile of rains recalled.all manufactures have problems but they fix you up. Got a ki speed 425 4years not one problem.

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    My only experiences are with now defunct Hortons. Honestly, my old cheap Horton Yukon has taken more deer that my newer $700 X-bow.
    You could probably pick up a nice used name brand one in a pawn shop, install new strings, and hunt for a couple hundred bucks. My current set-up (one of the last Hortons) is bad ass! It groups at 60yds so I only shoot one bolt at a time when I practice, and it drives my bolts to the fletchings every time.
    I just couldn't fathom paying $2,3000 for a bow, unless that was the only weapon I could own, then maybe...

Stevenattsu

Shooter
    I have no problems with crossbows. Just be prepared to be the most hated person in the woods

Top Bottom