• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Except any qualified knowledgeable medical professional knows masks don’t stop a virus. Why no emergencies over anthrax or any other host of diseases which pop up and are 1000 times more deadly?

Yes, viruses in and of themselves can be too small to be stopped by a mask (depends upon the material, construction and purpose of the mask), but what the masks are doing is stopping/not letting travel so far the water/cough/sneeze/spit droplets that the viruses are on coming from your nose and mouth. You may have not seen the video test results of different mask materials and distances that the droplets fly through the air from talking and sneezing.

Carl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yes, viruses in and of themselves can be too small to be stopped by a mask (depends upon the material, construction and purpose of the mask), but what the masks are doing is stopping/not letting travel so far the water/cough/sneeze/spit droplets that the viruses are on coming from your nose and mouth. You may have not seen the video test results of different mask materials and distances that the droplets fly through the air from talking and sneezing.
    Well then, if I’m not sick and spewing fluids from my mouth/nose I should not be forced to wear the muzzle.

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    None of that makes any difference if your eyes are not protected sir...

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Except any qualified knowledgeable medical professional knows masks don’t stop a virus. Why no emergencies over anthrax or any other host of diseases which pop up and are 1000 times more deadly?

not gonna happen in the republic of caveman

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I'll just say my wife and I are doing what we can to protect us. My wife recently got THE call...her aunt in Boston died from Covid 19. Wife's mom in Tennessee was dx'd with it late November, but is hanging in there so far so we are optimistic she'll be OK. Wife gets a report on her mom every day from her sister a nurse there.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    "Newsflash" for you: human spit is full of ALL KINDS OF GERMS.

sarcasm ON// Gee, somehow, we were all lucky enough to survive this far without wearing masks, and now that everyone is muzzled with handkerchiefs and cheesecloth masks, we should be ok. Oh how lucky we are to survive with our lives while the economy and our way of life is gasping for air...// sarcasm reluctantly subdued

Pick a disease. If it isn't fatal within a few days, you would apparently be horrified at how many unsuspecting asymptomatic people are walking around as "positive" carriers. Oh the humanity.

If you have underlying conditions, or you are trying to protect a loved one in your home, then by all means, you do what you feel.

Just try to ratchet down the impulse to support these powergrab edicts and society-killing policies fueled by hysteria. Please. The rest of us would like to resume normal life back in the real world.
    Hey, why not focus on the positive? You know, how the flu is no longer killing people, and pneumonia is no longer killing people, and lung disease is no longer killing people, and all of the other causes of death that have miraculously reduced their historic rates. What a wonderful silver-lining to the coronapocalypse, right?

My bad. Lots of sarcasm throughout.....

heard that a human bite has worse/more bacteria than a dogs bite, and they lick their ass and other digusting crap

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I'll just say my wife and I are doing what we can to protect us. My wife recently got THE call...her aunt in Boston died from Covid 19. Wife's mom in Tennessee was dx'd with it late November, but is hanging in there so far so we are optimistic she'll be OK. Wife gets a report on her mom every day from her sister a nurse there.

Very sorry to hear that. My brother was a trauma nurse, now a practicing PA. He told me what bothers him is the news reports are not what is happening in the massive hospital he works at in NC.

Edited to add I am scared for my children. Felt dishonest not to include that.

Last edited:

Carl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Very sorry to hear that. My brother was a trauma nurse, now a practicing PA. He told me what bothers him is the news reports are not what is happening in the massive hospital he works at in NC.
    My sister is a RN in a local hospital and she says the same.

joraca

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Except any qualified knowledgeable medical professional knows masks don’t stop a virus. <snip>

True, but the bigger part of the transmissible virus load is being carried on droplets or microdroplets of moisture. The masks reduce the transmission of the droplets or microdroplets from one human to another and they work better if both humans are wearing them. If you go into a front-line office, such as an ER, doctor's office, or lab, everyone is wearing masks.

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    The only person in my Doctor’s office wearing a mask is my Doctor
    The nurse’s and receptionist don’t wear them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Because the truth cannot be spoken! Edited to add I never forget when our former physician asked about guns in the home. You should have seen her face when I told her she is not qualified to discuss firearms with me lol.

she would have been my former doctor also...

nunya

Jhunter

Accuracy and precision
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    One thing is for sure, the virus is a real thing. At this point we all know people who have been ill from it. Although I have seen nothing personally that we should be fearing for our life’s over. @joraca I encourage you to choose freedom and democracy over fear mongering. It’s not going to end until we as a population say “enough is enough”

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    One thing is for sure, the virus is a real thing. At this point we all know people who have been ill from it. Although I have seen nothing personally that we should be fearing for our life’s over. @joraca I encourage you to choose freedom and democracy over fear mongering. It’s not going to end until we as a population say “enough is enough”
    WAIT, they are issuing a card now with the vaccine a record for you, soo you will be required to have the vaccine to work, shop, go anywhere and maybe to collect pensions...probably will do it for testing too.

Jhunter

Accuracy and precision
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    WAIT, they are issuing a card now with the vaccine a record for you, soo you will be required to have the vaccine to work, shop, go anywhere and maybe to collect pensions...probably will do it for testing too.
    Oh lord you are right. Now that you mention it I have seen something I should for fear for my life over. A required vaccine that they will be testing on our population

Top Bottom