• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gunslinger816

Marksman
    I'm still here, I just had to do that whole protect and serve thing for a little while. I'm done arguing with ya anyway...Engineers always think they're the tip of the sword ; ) you have your opinion as unreasonable to me as it seems, and I have mine which i will die (or not) by.

Droshki

Master
    I'm still here, I just had to do that whole protect and serve thing for a little while. I'm done arguing with ya anyway...Engineers always think they're the tip of the sword ; ) you have your opinion as unreasonable to me as it seems, and I have mine which i will die (or not) by.

You're embarrassing your whole department.

Last edited:

Dan1612

Master
    I wouldn't have thought there would be such animosity here toward LE. I, for one am thankful for their service. Like anywhere else, there's the occasional bad apples, but they've got a pretty tough gig IMO. To each his own , I guess.

Gunslinger816

Marksman
    Lol ok...it'll be a while though. I have to keep it shaved. And take it easy, don't get all worked up over a forum discussion...it's gonna be ok. And I assure you, I am no embarrassment to my department. Rest easy buddy...

Droshki

Master
    Just this pretend hero on here, who's combat duty shift seems to extend from 12:15 to 5:00 PM, lol.

Said it before and Ill say it again.. Got nothing against them; my brother is one.

Gunslinger816

Marksman
    Lol...well obviously someone's a little bit butt hurt. There's no need to act like an ass. But if you must continue with your tirade, by all means..

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Okay guys. Keep thep personal comments out of it. I'm the cop (nanny)here.

Gunslinger816

Marksman
    Alright well...I'm gonna go get me a doughnut, maybe even a cup of joe. Does anyone know what time Milton bakery closes?

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    LOL, now that is funny!

Seanpcola

I've been lucky to stear clear of LEOs during my life. No slight on them, I just don't come up on their radar. Always been a good driver, don't go stupid places, hang with stupid people or do stupid things. Had a couple of traffic stops, one strange run in with a deputy that wouldn't be convinced that I was not DUI until I was run through all the tests, twice, at the jail (long, weird story) and a domestic violence issue where I had to drop an 18 YO stepson right in his tracks to keep him from killing his mother.

I do see both sides of the issue. From news stories it sounds like there is a prevailing attitude problem with a lot of LEOs. Is it an institutional thing, are they having this agressiveness planted in during training? Is it being hammered into them by their fellow officers? What is the percentages of good cop/bad cop?

I ask these questions legitimately. I don't know.

On the opposite end of the coin, I can't imagine having to deal with the scum of the earth on a daily basis. I would get pretty tired of being lied to, called names, deliberate provocation and knowing I could be called into a shit situation at any time.

I agree with Nate on the issue of eroding rights.

I don't know what the answers would be. Constant evaluation of LEOs to try to weed out the Rambos? Who makes that determination and sets the guidlines? Raise standards of training? Where do the funds come from for that? In a perfect world a lot more would be spent in training, officers held to a much higher standard and with a reciprocal pay comensurate to this better LEO.

I do think that society as a whole is a pressure cooker ready to go off. I don't think LEOs should be militarized but at the same time the world is different. When I grew up my parents rammed home to me that cops were to be respected and obeyed. At the same time the few situations when I did deal with them in my teens and early 20s they handled me very delicately, probably because I came across as completely reasonable from the first second of contact.

I think this cop (OP) made a seriously bad judgement call but no one knows what he has dealt with before nor was anyone else there when this went down, no matter what the video shows. I sure as hell don't want to get shot for making a dumb move but I would like to think that if I get pulled over whoever the responder is doesn't shoot first and ask questions later.

Jason

Master
    I wouldn't have thought there would be such animosity here toward LE. I, for one am thankful for their service. Like anywhere else, there's the occasional bad apples, but they've got a pretty tough gig IMO. To each his own , I guess.

Dan...it's par fer the course. No one likes a cop unless you need 1, then those who need a cop will be the 1st one to gripe if he/she "speeding" to get to a call.

Sad situation w/the video, but you can also see great compassion on the officers part after he knows the man was not a threat.

Top Bottom