• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joe

Master
    Video of a cop shooting a 70 year old man reaching for his cane. Horrible accident!!

A good reminder for those that CC to be very aware of where your hands are when you get pulled over. I will always let them know I carrying but I am leery of how some officers may respond.

What is the best term to use for firearm? I remember some mentioning not to use the term GUN or something like that.

Thankfully the guy lived.

This may sound in poor taste but it reminds me that caliber rarely seems to matter. In one case a guy gets shot with 380 & dies but another gets hit with a 40 (just a guess) in the chest & lives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1WUU21CR0Q

Last edited:

Aaronious45

Master
    That's really sad and tragic for both the cop and the old man

Last edited:

poff09

Marksman
    Obviously, the cop over reacted..yet again..but WHY do people always get out of their vehicle when pulled over for traffic violations??..even before I could drive they always taught us to stay n the car unless instructed otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Droshki

Master
    Another cop who thinks every encounter with a citizen is an infantry combat situation, who made his personal safety the only priority in this routine traffic stop.

Training and doctrine clearly insufficient and inappropriate.

Anyone else would now be facing criminal and civil cases, but this guy will just get a two week paid vacation.

Last edited:

Droshki

Master
    You don't see a problem with a cop that goes into full panic mode because he is incapable of telling the difference between a gun and a cane, and so guns down an old man in front of his wife?

Lol...

Little Jack

Master
    This is what happens when you do not comply.

Keep your mouth shut, do what you're told and you won't get shot.

Officer safety over public safety.

Droshki

Master
    It looked like a gun...cop told him to stop..what's the issue?

Officer has a moral obligation to correctly ascertain the threat, before panicking and emptying his gun into an innocent person.

Additionally, its quite clear from the video that the officer's verbal commands from (the interior of his car?) twenty feet away, were nowhere near as loud as the ambient noise from passing freeway traffic, and therefore the officer had no reasonable expectation that they would be heard and understood.

Garpo

Master
    Damn, that's a situation I hope and pray I'm never faced with. I feel bad for all involved.

BTW, will you young'uns quit calling the man who got shot OLD! Y'all making me feel ancient.

Gunslinger816

Marksman
    Officer has a moral obligation to correctly ascertain the threat, before panicking and emptying his gun into an innocent person.

Additionally, its quite clear from the video that the officer's verbal commands from (the interior of his car?) twenty feet away, were nowhere near as loud as the ambient noise from passing freeway traffic, and therefore the officer had no reasonable expectation that they would be heard and understood.

I think most every cop would agree that their number one priority is going home. I take it you're not a cop? Not going to try to explain traffic stops to you.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Clearly, the officer panicked and should be relieved of duty. The old man is just that OLD, maybe he should not have been driving, certainly should not have gotten out of the truck and NEVER reach for anything.

I always have the officers attention and look in the eyes then ask permission to move my hands, you never know how their day before has gone. I have met some really cool characters as officers and some dingbats, you just never know what you are gonna get. Safety First!

Droshki

Master
    I think most every cop would agree that their number one priority is going home. I take it you're not a cop? Not going to try to explain traffic stops to you.

My brother is a cop, Im quite certain that I dont need you to explain anything to me.

So you are stating, as a police officer, in public, for everyone to see, that a cop should put self before service?

Gunslinger816

Marksman
    No, I said that a cops main job is to come home every shift. Mainly to give ignorant people something to bitch about. You're a hypocrite, you will defend gun laws and cry that you are a free man and should be able to carry as u want...even defend your home. But you put down an officer for neutralizing what e perceived as a threat. Please tell me about your history, while you probably have me beat by a few years I guarantee you that I've been and will be confronted by more guns than you could possibly fathom. Enjoy your little exercise of freedom, hopefully you muster the testicular fortitude to handle your own business before calling 9-1-1...oh and before you shoot...take the extra minute to make sure that gun is real...wouldn't want you to shoot someone with a pellet gun or anything

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    It looked like a gun...cop told him to stop..what's the issue?

Sad situation but the old man screwed up by getting out then screwed up again by getting his cane out of the bed of the truck.

Shut your mouth, stay in the vehicle, if it's dark turn the inside light on and keep your hands on the wheel.

I have always said I had rather deal with a mean cop than a scared cop.

Droshki

Master
    No, I said that a cops main job is to come home every shift. Mainly to give ignorant people something to bitch about. You're a hypocrite, you will defend gun laws and cry that you are a free man and should be able to carry as u want...even defend your home. But you put down an officer for neutralizing what e perceived as a threat. Please tell me about your history, while you probably have me beat by a few years I guarantee you that I've been and will be confronted by more guns than you could possibly fathom. Enjoy your little exercise of freedom, hopefully you muster the testicular fortitude to handle your own business before calling 9-1-1...oh and before you shoot...take the extra minute to make sure that gun is real...wouldn't want you to shoot someone with a pellet gun or anything

If you honestly believe that a police officer's main job is to make that sure that he comes home from work every shift, I assure you that you are in the wrong line of work.

And for the record, unless you have over 20 years on the force, with 18 months in a combat zone in a foreign country, I think its safe to say that I can "fathom" anything you can bring to the table.

Top Bottom