• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sparky

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Florida needs to get off their butts and also pass this. All though I'm not a big fan of open carry, I just don't like the fact that the state government and whoever else that reviews the application knows that I have weapons. I also don't like having to pay for this right.

Fathertime

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Being a lifelong resident of Alabama I feel compelled to comment. I have to say that I am straddling the fence on this issue, personally I will continue to get my ccw license. I will not open carry unless there is a need to. Personally I think someone open carrying is asking for trouble. The other day I was at a restaurant on the causeway and out walks Lucie lu , Clarabell, and Bubba, right there on Bubbas hip was his handgun. Really ? I thought boy he doesn’t look like he had brains enough to get out of the rain and here he is playing Wyatt Earp. Just hope this law doesn’t make more problems for us that try to make a good impression as gun owners. Rant over.!

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Yes a business is private property. Any owner can prohibit firearms in their place of business. However they do not have the right to physically search you. All they can do is place a sign, that says NO FIREARMS. If they were to see your weapon, then they could ask you to leave. They could have a metal detector at the entrance as well and not allow entrance that way. This is what the Saenger Theater does.
    as well as the civic center also..

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Yes a business is private property. Any owner can prohibit firearms in their place of business. However they do not have the right to physically search you. All they can do is place a sign, that says NO FIREARMS. If they were to see your weapon, then they could ask you to leave. They could have a metal detector at the entrance as well and not allow entrance that way. This is what the Saenger Theater does.
    The Saenger is government property. Pretty sure the Civic Center is too... at the very least I know the land the Civic Center sits on is government property

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Being a lifelong resident of Alabama I feel compelled to comment. I have to say that I am straddling the fence on this issue, personally I will continue to get my ccw license. I will not open carry unless there is a need to. Personally I think someone open carrying is asking for trouble. The other day I was at a restaurant on the causeway and out walks Lucie lu , Clarabell, and Bubba, right there on Bubbas hip was his handgun. Really ? I thought boy he doesn’t look like he had brains enough to get out of the rain and here he is playing Wyatt Earp. Just hope this law doesn’t make more problems for us that try to make a good impression as gun owners. Rant over.!
    Yep your right. Im keeping my permit as well. But "unfortunately" 2a is for EVERYONE. Alabama has been an open carry state forever, most people choose not to for obvious reasons. I open carry for hunting or fishing in snakey areas. Do I go parade around with it, no.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Yep your right. Im keeping my permit as well. But "unfortunately" 2a is for EVERYONE. Alabama has been an open carry state forever, most people choose not to for obvious reasons. I open carry for hunting or fishing in snakey areas. Do I go parade around with it, no.
    It scares me, especially knowing you have guns and carry them too....:cool:

Shovelhead

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    This legislation is NOT concealed or open carry.. it allows AL folks to carry without going through the carry permit cost or red tape... Carry on.. pun intended.....

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Haven’t even read up on it yet... is Hoss M going to issue Free pistol permits now for when you leave the state for any reason? He is not going to be happy losing his discretionary fund. BOLO way more tickets to be handed out to pay for those brand new Tahoe’s . Well that fund probably never made a payment on vehicles. Probably don’t want to know how sheriffs spend that $$$.

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I thought it was the discretionary fund but it was leftover inmate food budget funds. He probably ran on the “They only deserve bread and water” slogan and won in a landslide. And at the end of the year or four the
    593E7140-C4E3-4AF3-ABC0-AD3F0555FFF7.png
    sheriffs wondering Now what do I do with ALL THIS LEFTOVER MONEY!!!

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I thought it was the discretionary fund but it was leftover inmate food budget funds. He probably ran on the “They only deserve bread and water” slogan and won in a landslide. And at the end of the year or four the View attachment 155747 sheriffs wondering Now what do I do with ALL THIS LEFTOVER MONEY!!!
    The hell inmates need to eat better than I do. I would vote bread and water for them every time. Then put that $750,000 thieving sheriff right in the middle of general population and let them know why they were eating Wonder bread instead of Honey Wheat

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Haven’t even read up on it yet... is Hoss M going to issue Free pistol permits now for when you leave the state for any reason? He is not going to be happy losing his discretionary fund. BOLO way more tickets to be handed out to pay for those brand new Tahoe’s . Well that fund probably never made a payment on vehicles. Probably don’t want to know how sheriffs spend that $$$.
    The state is going to kick in towards making up for the loss of $$. It's in the bill.

Bodhi

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Obviously we still need a permit for when/if we travel outside the state. And while I predict we won’t “see” any real changes with more people carrying, I would *have preferred* to see some sort of national level reciprocity than constitutional carry.

Top Bottom