• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I got tons of stuff that needs selling. But in the future,I will be extremely reluctant to post buy,sell,or trade items on this forum. If I do,it will be with a ton of MY RULES.
    To me the simple fix was for a mod to simply delete a post that was not on topic or not SOMETHING GOOD about the sellers item. We got three mods + admin,right ??
    I really do not understand why all the fuss about this when people have been posting for sale items here,without price OR location,and the add has stayed up for days and days.
    Also people bumping their add almost everyday,and sometimes multiple times per day. All this seems to go unnoticed (sometimes).
    I have put up adds and had them bumped off the front page buy just 4 other adds. This is not right but seems to go on and on. How hard was it. You don't follow the rules in the buy,sell,or trade section,your add gets deleated. In my back posts I believe that I have stated this multiple times from quite a while in the past.
    I am simply a member here like the rest of you. But I have been here for quite some time. I could most likely tell you what works and what doesn't . . BUT . . that is not my job and I do not want it to be.
    Simple question - - -> what qualifications are required to be a mod,OR admin ?? ---- SAWMAN

I'll be back in September! :)

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    That's gonna be an admin issue. I'll refer to Texkev.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Thanks. I wonder if it's just my account or others, too.

I've also noticed: previously, if you clicked "Mark read" for the section, and say you were on page three, when it auto-refreshed, you'd still be on page three. Now, with the messed up order glitch, if you "Mark read" from page three, it'll auto-refresh back to page one, With the messed up order again.

Thanks again.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Thanks. I wonder if it's just my account or others, too.

I've also noticed: previously, if you clicked "Mark read" for the section, and say you were on page three, when it auto-refreshed, you'd still be on page three. Now, with the messed up order glitch, if you "Mark read" from page three, it'll auto-refresh back to page one, With the messed up order again.

Thanks again.
    Sometimes when I refresh a page it will take me all the way to the bottom of the page like this picture.
    I like some of the new features, but i miss the old setup.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200802-082244.png
      Screenshot_20200802-082244.png
      38.8 KB · Views: 167

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Still trying to figure out what I can post and what I can't without gettin' the non mod,mods,all torqued up.
    And if the forum would have a rule for the length of time a members add could stay up,that would be a big help for the people that have a opinion on that subject. It would also mitigate some of their screeming and crying at the sky when a add that has been up for a couple years finally sells.
    Been wanting to post some positive remarks on a couple for sale threads but will not. If I simply send the seller a PM . . ?? . . that really will not help with his sale,will it. ---- SAWMAN

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    I think of it like this. Websites make money when traffic is up. When you click on the ads. A comment on a for sale ad is the same way. It increases traffic whether good or bad. Also helps me make decisions on buying an item.

Mullet Hunter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Still trying to figure out what I can post and what I can't without gettin' the non mod,mods,all torqued up.
    And if the forum would have a rule for the length of time a members add could stay up,that would be a big help for the people that have a opinion on that subject. It would also mitigate some of their screeming and crying at the sky when a add that has been up for a couple years finally sells.
    Been wanting to post some positive remarks on a couple for sale threads but will not. If I simply send the seller a PM . . ?? . . that really will not help with his sale,will it. ---- SAWMAN

Please do us all a favor and don't post anything.. Do not speak unless spoken to the you would be a valued member... My ignore button doesn't work either... just noticed....

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I think of it like this. Websites make money when traffic is up. When you click on the ads. A comment on a for sale ad is the same way. It increases traffic whether good or bad. Also helps me make decisions on buying an item.

To slow down the traffic and reduce the # of the intrusive ads seen IS counter productive to the Owners. The more traffic the more $$ made, that means post as much as possible

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Yes, I’m theory that’s how it works, but I would not take that as an invitation.
    The same 3 people vomiting nonsense all over the forum can hardly be positive contributions attracting traffic.
    Anybody wanna make a flow chart?

Jpyritz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Good start, but one that specifically addresses whether one should post on a thread or not. It would also be helpful if spelling and grammar are on the flow towards “Yes, go ahead and post.”
    Dan I wish I could help good sir, but that is the limit of my flowchart abilities. As far as the posting thing, I keep closing my eyes and reopening them hoping this was all a nightmare.
    The spelling part; if I spell something wrong, that’s just because I’m just a unlearned Bumpkin;)

Jpyritz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    So I made another flowchart for the forum, if everyone follows this exactly, then I think it will make everyone happy. One deviation and the whole thing will fall apart. Hope this helps. If I have to make another one, my standard rate will apply.

Attachments

• 9488C5CC-E92E-46EC-862E-539CFCB22DA8.jpeg
      9488C5CC-E92E-46EC-862E-539CFCB22DA8.jpeg
      800.6 KB · Views: 111

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Good start, but one that specifically addresses whether one should post on a thread or not. It would also be helpful if spelling and grammar are on the flow towards “Yes, go ahead and post.”

Does this only apply to the for sale section or also to the reviews portion?
    I present Exibit A

Screen Shot 2020-08-02 at 12.27.28 PM.png

Top Bottom