DK Firearms

Braced Pistols to become SBR's starting in December?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kruegerhouse

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    my conspicracy minded noggin keeps whispering: if you send emails and sign petitions & make calls to representatives, what is keeping them from secretly adding you to a list of folks to
    come see first??

membership in a forum is bad enough...lists are bad news, but who thinks they(some deepstate operatives) are not doing this already, on the down low.?

braces, bumpstocks, nfa items, all could be designed to collect intel...

i would do it if i were the enemy
    You are already on a list, pal.

fir

Just a guy
    Local Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I think border states have to report rifles as well, since BATFEEEE was running the "Fast and Furious" making FFLs sell guns to people they shouldn't, now they check for multiple long gun buyers on states that border Mexico.
    This is correct. In Florida FFLs are only required to do the Multiple Disposition form for Pistols and Revolvers (multiple within 5 active business days of the operating FFL). The definition of business days for the purposes of the multiple disposition form has nothing to do with your normal understanding of business days, as would be expected of ATF rules. It's business days that the licensee is operational. You could, in theory, have a licensee that was only open one day a year, and the 5 days would span 5 years.

Misfeed

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oh crap..my bad. You didnt understand me. Neither one of us will ever get everyone to either register or comply. By that logic its a much smaller number to deal with on a much longer timeline.

Misfeed

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    so nothing offered then? Gear up and do the good work?The gov is still arresting people from Jan 6. At almost a 1,000 so far the numbers dont seem to bother them much at all.

lil'skeet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Do any of you realize this new ruling could also be part of an internet/community information sharing/chat operation that the government is conducting to prevent a future uproar in future developing gun laws that are surely coming down the line.....

Just think about it for a minute. The Intel that they are gathering on how fast the news spreads in which areas "where to sent the most UN troops", the threats, the number of people claiming they wont comply, what Google searches you made, what items you may have stocked up on in preparation for "battle" of this injustice.

Don't mind me I'm off my rocker today.
    Are you implying we are under surveillance by our government?
    Blasphemy!
    Next you will say big tech colludes with government against American people. o_O

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    It amazes me that some people, including some on this forum, are already trying to ditch their pistol braces. Nothing like running scared over a regulation that is not even official yet and is already being legally contested as well as being condemned by many members of the U.S. Congress. Stop getting your panties in a wad and chill. Hang onto to your pistol braces and your pistols. Additionally, this whole proposed regulation change is really for one reason and that is to have a federal registry. Nevermind that every law governing firearms is in clear violation of the Constitution starting with the National Firearms Act of 1934. It never has stopped criminals from getting the weapons they choose to have and no gun laws ever will.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    It amazes me that some people, including some on this forum, are already trying to ditch their pistol braces. Nothing like running scared over a regulation that is not even official yet and is already being legally contested as well as being condemned by many members of the U.S. Congress. Stop getting your panties in a wad and chill. Hang onto to your pistol braces and your pistols. Additionally, this whole proposed regulation change is really for one reason and that is to have a federal registry. Nevermind that every law governing firearms is in clear violation of the Constitution starting with the National Firearms Act of 1934. It never has stopped criminals from getting the weapons they choose to have and no gun laws ever will.
    < this. If you've noticed they haven't slashed prices on braces and short barrels..

Hinote

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Someone should make a shooter's vest or jacket that has a padded shoulder area that excepts a buffer tube. Then AFT can add a C to their name and start regulating clothing. Hell, maybe even classify people as firearms. I hope to be classified as a machine gun instead of a SBR. Makes for a better pick up line at the bar.

Hinote

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I shouldn't give them any ideas. Ten years from now after I paid them $200 to register myself they might show up and confiscate me.

Rational Mind

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230121_061151_Twitter.jpg
      Screenshot_20230121_061151_Twitter.jpg
      333.5 KB · Views: 30

Fdanielmpt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I haven't owned a bullpup yet. If I did, I'd only own a downward ejecting model. If you're right handed and have a right sight ejector, you can't switch shoulders due to the ejecting brass. So it's stuck to your right shoulder always. This becomes a major problem if you have to peek around a left side corner of a building, (if you're facing the wall, the corner to your left.) You're then forced to expose 3/4 of your body to peek around, see, target and engage the shooter. By then you're usually taking hits long before you can see what to shoot back at.

Myself that's one major drawback I learned early on and never got around to messing much with any of them. There's more reasons but I'm trying not to derail the thread too much sorry lol.

I have a few shorties. They're hard to beat for close up work, vehicles and concealment. If worst comes to worst tho I'd just do the push pull methods on a sling before I register one these days. They're gaining steam with flat out promises to take them all. Herds of sheep are lining up behind them and screaming that they hate having too many rights and want less, and others should be forced to give then up too. It's mind boggling to me that anyone trusts them to any extent. Let alone trust thier safety to them.
    you are exactly right. I try to imagine what these sheepole are thinking that

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I haven't owned a bullpup yet. If I did, I'd only own a downward ejecting model. If you're right handed and have a right sight ejector, you can't switch shoulders due to the ejecting brass. So it's stuck to your right shoulder always. This becomes a major problem if you have to peek around a left side corner of a building, (if you're facing the wall, the corner to your left.) You're then forced to expose 3/4 of your body to peek around, see, target and engage the shooter. By then you're usually taking hits long before you can see what to shoot back at.

Myself that's one major drawback I learned early on and never got around to messing much with any of them. There's more reasons but I'm trying not to derail the thread too much sorry lol.

I have a few shorties. They're hard to beat for close up work, vehicles and concealment. If worst comes to worst tho I'd just do the push pull methods on a sling before I register one these days. They're gaining steam with flat out promises to take them all. Herds of sheep are lining up behind them and screaming that they hate having too many rights and want less, and others should be forced to give then up too. It's mind boggling to me that anyone trusts them to any extent. Let alone trust thier safety to them.
    Have several, love em.

.22 cents

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   1
    you are exactly right. I try to imagine what these sheepole are thinking that
    Its the same people who said “we must stand on a blue dot, they are letting us go out after 8pm now, they said only one of us can go buy groceries.” Now they see the gubs say their brace causes violence and death! We have to get rid of them! But if you register for FREE! Your brace becomes a puppy dog. safe now with a collar and tag. Freedom has become freedumb.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Its the same people who said “we must stand on a blue dot, they are letting us go out after 8pm now, they said only one of us can go buy groceries.” Now they see the gubs say their brace causes violence and death! We have to get rid of them! But if you register for FREE! Your brace becomes a puppy dog. safe now with a collar and tag. Freedom has become freedumb.
    It's funny how money or a piece of paper can make something so deadly so tender. They aren't scared of the guns, they are scared of you.

Top Bottom