Braced Pistols to become SBR's starting in December?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RHINOWSO

Master
    There is a reason they are a 5-letter agency, not a 3-letter agency.

The "B" and "E" are the training wheels to keep em from tipping over.

FNHman

Marksman
    Do any of you realize this new ruling could also be part of an internet/community information sharing/chat operation that the government is conducting to prevent a future uproar in future developing gun laws that are surely coming down the line.....

Just think about it for a minute. The Intel that they are gathering on how fast the news spreads in which areas "where to sent the most UN troops", the threats, the number of people claiming they wont comply, what Google searches you made, what items you may have stocked up on in preparation for "battle" of this injustice.

Don't mind me I'm off my rocker today.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Do any of you realize this new ruling could also be part of an internet/community information sharing/chat operation that the government is conducting to prevent a future uproar in future developing gun laws that are surely coming down the line.....

Just think about it for a minute. The Intel that they are gathering on how fast the news spreads in which areas "where to sent the most UN troops", the threats, the number of people claiming they wont comply, what Google searches you made, what items you may have stocked up on in preparation for "battle" of this injustice.

Don't mind me I'm off my rocker today.
    my conspicracy minded noggin keeps whispering: if you send emails and sign petitions & make calls to representatives, what is keeping them from secretly adding you to a list of folks to
    come see first??

membership in a forum is bad enough...lists are bad news, but who thinks they(some deepstate operatives) are not doing this already, on the down low.?

braces, bumpstocks, nfa items, all could be designed to collect intel...

i would do it if i were the enemy

RHINOWSO

Master
    Heck, if you are military / ex-military, you are on the list.

Security clearance? On the list.

Gun owner? On the list.

NFA items? Oh, you on the list.

Don't suckle up to the party line for the 'Rona? You on the list.

The list of things than get and keep you on the list is long...

Just accept you are on it and live free.

Rational Mind

Expert
    Heck, if you are military / ex-military, you are on the list.

Security clearance? On the list.

Gun owner? On the list.

NFA items? Oh, you on the list.

Don't suckle up to the party line for the 'Rona? You on the list.

The list of things than get and keep you on the list is long...

Just accept you are on it and live free.
    From what I understand if you buy more than 2 firearms at a time then the ffl is required to send in a separate forum that is sent to the fbi and state police. I'm not sure if that is just for pistols or long guns included. Someone on here with an ffl would know for sure.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    From what I understand if you buy more than 2 firearms at a time then the ffl is required to send in a separate forum that is sent to the fbi and state police. I'm not sure if that is just for pistols or long guns included. Someone on here with an ffl would know for sure.
    Handgun or pistol. Long guns you can buy 100
    I believe it's 3 or 5 days. Doesn't have to be bought together. Not sure the legality or using what I say as advice. How would an alternate FFL know if you bought one from a guy down the street, does it come back on your background? More questions than answers.

Last edited:

RHINOWSO

Master
    2? Heck, I've done more than that multiple times.

ON THE LIST!!!!

.22 cents

Master
    Correct, you don't need authorization to make configuration changes, especially if you retain the parts to bring it back to as listed. You can inform the BATFE NFA branch, but it's notification only.

Just like moving intra-state; you can just write them a letter and they'll get back to you with confirmation in about 12-18 months. They want you to do a form 5320.20 now, which I have done but I state on the form it's intra-state and for notification only.

This from a branch that mailed me saying I had an illegal SBS after listing it on an intra-state move notification.

I called the examiner up and said "I have a valid Form 4 signed BY YOU, here is the #, etc".

"Oh, I'm sorry about that, we had the serial number wrong..."

iu
    Registration isn’t gun control. It’s owner control.

RHINOWSO

Master
    Handgun or pistol. Long guns you can buy 100
    I think border states have to report rifles as well, since BATFEEEE was running the "Fast and Furious" making FFLs sell guns to people they shouldn't, now they check for multiple long gun buyers on states that border Mexico.

Misfeed

Master

Misfeed

Master
    FAQ link highlighted below

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230120_192416_Chrome.jpg
      Screenshot_20230120_192416_Chrome.jpg
      245.3 KB · Views: 54

RHINOWSO

Master
    Here is the BATFE rules on multiple firearm purchases, since it came up...

Sales of Handguns
    Licensees must report the sale of two or more handguns if they occur at the same time or within five consecutive business days of each other.

Sales of Rifles
    In 2011, ATF was authorized to enforce multiple firearms sales for certain types of rifles from FFLs in Arizona, California, New Mexico and Texas. FFLs in these states must report the following types of rifles: Semiautomatic rifles Rifles with a caliber greater than .22 (including .223 or 5.56 mm) Rifles with the ability to accept detachable magazines

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Has anyone asked or seen a statement of the quantity you can register at one time or total during this amnesty period?

Misfeed

Master
    No limit

Misfeed

Master
    See the attached

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230120_192905_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
      Screenshot_20230120_192905_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
      183.3 KB · Views: 52

Misfeed

Master
    Politicians are motivated by numbers. Numbers representing voters obviously.
    Personally I wish more people would buy suppressors, SBRs, SBSs, AOW, etc.
    If the registered number of NFA items remains low nationally (see <1,000,000) no politician is going to see that as worth a fight because it isnt worth taking a position on. Now, if 40 million braced firearms get registered we as a culture might actually have the horsepower to not be ignored at the table.

Combatcarl43

Expert
    If the registered number of NFA items remains low nationally (see <1,000,000) no politician is going to see that as worth a fight because it isnt worth taking a position on. Now, if 40 million braced firearms get registered we as a culture might actually have the horsepower to not be ignored

If the registered number of NFA items remains low nationally (see <1,000,000) no politician is going to see that as worth a fight because it isnt worth taking a position on. Now, if 40 million braced firearms get registered we as a culture might actually have the horsepower to not be ignored at the table.
    The problem is if 40Million agree to be trampled there's no tort. 40 Million suddenly at peril of arrest, especially when the ATF inevitably screws the pooch on this. That will get attention.

Misfeed

Master
    So 20 million choose not to comply and 20 million choose to register..divide and conquer. Kindergarten UCW.

Latest posts

Top Bottom