Patriot Mobile

Braced Pistols to become SBR's starting in December?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kruegerhouse

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What scenario would an “ignorant” gun owner get nabbed for violating the pistol brace BS??

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Sooo, is this still a thing or are we worried about Lake City ammo still?
    The story about lake City ammo canceling commercial production was a ruse. They finally came out and said they are not canceling commercial contracts.

dirtingd

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Its just another step in the democratic (communism) stairs that Biden Keeps Tripping On But Slowing Moving Forward

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    What scenario would an “ignorant” gun owner get nabbed for violating the pistol brace BS??
    Well you're here so you're not ignorant anymore. I'm sure the govt can find this post.
    It's 10 years maximum penalty but doubtful. You are guaranteed to spend a night in jail and be rung out in court even if you're set off Scott free.

So at least 2 days of anguish for a piece of plastic.

Kruegerhouse

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well you're here so you're not ignorant anymore. I'm sure the govt can find this post.
    It's 10 years maximum penalty but doubtful. You are guaranteed to spend a night in jail and be rung out in court even if you're set off Scott free.

So at least 2 days of anguish for a piece of plastic.
    Well, someone can read this entire thread and it still not be entirely clear in what the “law” is.

But you didn’t answer the question. And if you feel like it’s just about piece of plastic, you have surely missed the point.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Well, someone can read this entire thread and it still not be entirely clear in what the “law” is.

But you didn’t answer the question. And if you feel like it’s just about piece of plastic, you have surely missed the point.
    There is no law. And it is not just about the plastic, it's the metal too.

850guns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    After those S.C rulings a few years ago, I started having a little confidence in them. Now I'm not sure they have the stomach nor the back bone to pass/interpret the laws.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Emailed S&W about my 15-22 felony edition. They informed me they don't sell barrels or uppers and basically buzz off. Needless to say that is my last S&W product EVER.
    I wasn't looking for a refund or anything free, Offered to BUY the parts.
    The buffer tube is non-removable so the alternative is chop it off with a hacksaw to "conform" to the masters edict.
    Looked for a 16 inch barrel, the only ones I found were $500 carbon fiber wonder barrels, so that's out. Trying to resell it is out, now an "SBR" Listed as such on S&W's website.
    I guess I can disassemble it and part out. I foolishly believed someone would stand up to them and get this violation thrown out, no luck. So we can look forward to more of the same soon. Looks like DI guns are next. Sucks. Time to sell the AR's before they too are worthless felonies. Pissses me off because I just finely got my R15 I'd been wanting since 06 and it's a fantastic shooter.

Kruegerhouse

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Emailed S&W about my 15-22 felony edition. They informed me they don't sell barrels or uppers and basically buzz off. Needless to say that is my last S&W product EVER.
    The buffer tube is non-removable so the alternative is chop it off with a hacksaw to "conform" to the masters edict.
    Looked for a 16 inch barrel, the only ones I found were $500 carbon fiber wonder barrels, so that's out. Trying to resell it is out, now an "SBR" Listed as such on S&W's website.
    I guess I can disassemble it and part out. I foolishly believed someone would stand up to them and get this violation thrown out, no luck. So we can look forward to more of the same soon. Looks like DI guns are next. Sucks. Time to sell the AR's before they too are worthless felonies. Pissses me off because I just finely got my R15 I'd been wanting since 06 and it's a fantastic shooter.
    Even the ATF trolls know you are just being silly.

Crabbyguy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    What if we just do this? Think this would be “compliant”
    IMG_1265.jpeg

Crabbyguy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    IMG_1259.jpeg

Would have thought this to be the ultimate compliant gun but upon a second look it has one of those mega capacity ammo bullet holders.
    And if you take parts off it’s considered “modified”
    Be on the lookout in the for sale section I’ll be posting some modified ar’s later. Then look on the accessories threads for “other” non related parts lmao ;)

Top Bottom