HD Tactical

Braced Pistols to become SBR's starting in December?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    The conversation needs to shift from "how to bend over and comply" to "how do we fight or support whose who fight
    Oh that's an easy answer... but nobody's organized that on a scale big enough to matter since like the 19th century, so good luck. Natives, Mexicans, the British (twice), Confederates, Mormons, miner strikes, the mob... everybody who did organize big enough lost. It's never going to happen without another super power making it happen... like Chinese or Russian "peacekeepers" making amphibious landings in our own front yards and so reminding all the anti-2A crowds what the hardware is good for. We need a Red Dawn/Pearl Harbor/Alamo/Battle Los Angeles level event on US soil to rally everybody behind the Second Amendment, not paperwork

Last edited:

seandizzie

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The conversation needs to shift from "how to bend over and comply" to "how do we fight or support whose who fight this infringement on our God given rights." Local level petitions, gun shops collecting signatures, information to contact state and federal elected officials. Some kind of forum meet and greet. Funding legal battles. Etc.
    Something more organized.....
    It is happening to some degree.

4:25 he mentions 3 groups doing it.

Mullet Hunter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    I'll have to disagree on complete uppers and complete lowers from what I've read over the years about constructive intent/possession.
    I’m simply stating what local agents told us as deputies when we asked about SBR compliance. When I worked on task force we would bring uppers, lowers and parts to trade with others all the time. not to mention I never saw it addresses with citizens. Y’all can do what you want but the long and the short is If it was unlawful the sheriff nor the local ATF supervisor would have allowed us to do it Without repercussion. Technically yes having all the parts to a weapon by definition is almost constructive possession. The issue is proving intent to actually construct that weapon, as well as the knowledge to actually do it… Any half drunk judge would throw this out let alone an officer arresting you for it.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Anybody do a mares leg or shockwave?? That would have been cool. ** shockwave is still legal. Don't know with the brace though?? I think it may be because of the "firearm" designation. Not a rifle, not a shotgun, not a pistol.

Last edited:

Hinote

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Anybody do a mares leg or shockwave?? That would have been cool. ** shockwave is still legal. Don't know with the brace though?? I think it may be because of the "firearm" designation. Not a rifle, not a shotgun, not a pistol.
    That's next. Tell me how either of those don't look as sinister or more sinister than a short AR? They'll have pictures of them from movies all over the place. Once they have lever guns, "the original assault rifle," they'll go go after the repeating shotguns. Both pump and semis. I'm playing the game but playing it wisely.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    The shockwave/tac14 was not a rifle. Not part of the amnesty from everything I could find.

Hinote

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The shockwave/tac14 was not a rifle. Not part of the amnesty from everything I could find.
    Not yet. First time I saw one I thought that won't be legal for long or if it's even legal. Kinda like pistol braces. Let me buy a shitload of em and then make it illegal 10 years later

How many "SBRs" did we leave for the Taliban and how many have we sent to Ukraine?

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Not yet. First time I saw one I thought that won't be legal for long or if it's even legal. Kinda like pistol braces. Let me buy a shitload of em and then make it illegal 10 years later

How many "SBRs" did we leave for the Taliban and how many have we sent to Ukraine?
    A shockwave/tac14 with a brace is now a short barreled shotgun. Not part of the amnesty for pistol braces. To register you have to pay for the stamp.
    Birds grip in factory form are legal as of today. They will change it sooner or later.

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    A shockwave/tac14 with a brace is now a short barreled shotgun. Not part of the amnesty for pistol braces. To register you have to pay for the stamp.
    Birds grip in factory form are legal as of today. They will change it sooner or later.
    You can’t even brace a turd today or you have a short barrel feces and the atf will come out, shoot your dog, and write you a ticket.

Top Bottom