• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
    Yes , carbine length. Ill shoot some solvent down the tube. My buddy has a mill and I have several carriers, ill just take some off to match a FA bcg. Give that a try too. This is the only one that does it. Appreciate the info. Any weights on FA bcgs? Ill match weight.

Either you have a full-auto BCG or you have a semi-auto BCG. There is no milling involved. This is a FA BCG. If you are using one like this, good. If not, get one.

It is very interesting what people think is a good AR build and what they think looks good. That I guess is the advantage of the AR platform and wide choice of calibers. To me the most important things are the glass, barrel and trigger, I see many people missing the mark on 1 or more of those things.

FrankT, it all depends on what you are using it for. For a precision rifle, I would agree with you 100%. For the average plinker, not so much. For the HSLD type of AR, good optics, a robust BCG w/ upgraded extractor, and a 5.56 NATO MP CL 1:7 barrel are more important. Triggers on the standard ARs are not bad. I have been shooting M16s/AR15s with standard trigger for 36 years. I never had an issue with them. That said, when it comes to my ARs where I want a smoother trigger for accuracy reasons, I will upgrade them. The AR owner can always tailor their weapon to suit their individual needs or wants. What is important to one may not be important to another. That is the glory of ownership.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Right, all a matter of opinion and taste, that is what I pointed out

Dan1612

Master
    Good point guys. James isn't so much about triggers, he just likes a good reliable weapon, nothing wrong with that.

I haven't had the opportunity to hunt in over 10 years, but I like a good trigger because it makes me a better shot than I actually am. Though if I did hunt , the trigger paired with good glass would be paramount.

The beauty of the AR is that you can swap it right out and there's a huge number of options and you can do it all yourself.

I'm down to one AR myself, I'm in the process of putting on the finishing touches. LMT build with proper iron sights and a good trigger. I'll post pics once she's done. :)

BOHUNTER

Shooter
    Tackleberry, All my BCG are just like that one. YES
    I had them mixed up sorry. My buffer is a 2.9oz buffer.

P1140372-900x601.jpg

Attachments

• P1140372-900x601.jpg
      P1140372-900x601.jpg
      109.7 KB · Views: 311
    Tackleberry, All my BCG are just like that one. YES
    I had them mixed up sorry. My buffer is a 2.9oz buffer.

View attachment 21249

The bottom BCG is GTG. I would not worry so much about the buffer if you are running the FA BCG. Now, just make sure you check the gas flow by spraying the solvent into the gas tube. Did it flow steadily or did it slowly drip? Let us know what happens.

timc

Expert
    Here is the start of a new build. 300 Blackout pistol build.
    10.2" Bergara barrel. 1:7 twist.
    Spike's lower and LPK. BCM grip
    KAK buffer tube and a Sig brace
    Unsure of what hand guards I will put on it
    image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      232.2 KB · Views: 231

coolbluestreak

Shooter
    Nice looking rifles guys!
    Here is a picture of my AR-10(and bride), no toys on it in the picture but great gun for hunting from a stand.

Attachments

• image-380831830.jpg
      image-380831830.jpg
      51.2 KB · Views: 331
    Nice looking rifles guys!
    Here is a picture of my AR-10(and bride), no toys on it in the picture but great gun for hunting from a stand.

Nice choices. I have only one .308 AR in my collection. It is a Knights Mfg Co. (now Knights Armament Co.) SR-25/Mk11 Mod0. It was a conversion that Knights did on a few of the SR-25 Match rifles. It is the commercial version of the original Mk11 Mod0 before it underwent changes before the Navy SEALS would accept it. This version features a 24" Obermeyer match barrel guaranteed to produce .5MOA @100 yards and it does.

Khaot1c

Marksman
    Pieced this together from some Facebook winnings. Noveske Upper and a DD lower parts kit.
    The lower from the 2nd Amendment bulk buy some few months back.
    Not a lot of toys on it yet, but I'd like to gear this towards running in multi-gun comps. IDPA has been a LOT of fun so far and can only imagine what I can learn by adding more guns to the mix.

NAR(1).jpg

Attachments

• NAR(1).jpg
      NAR(1).jpg
      68.7 KB · Views: 310

timc

Expert
    image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      250.6 KB · Views: 293
    • image.jpg
      image.jpg
      265.5 KB · Views: 283
    Last edited:

Dan1612

Master
    TGD AR-15
    From base rifle: Spikes lower, PSA premium upper, NiB BCG,
    From TGD: 18" 1:9 223 Wylde stainless spiral fluted barrel, CMC 3.5# single stage trigger, B5 stock, B5 grip, Fortis Rail, Fortis gas block, Fortis VFG, Lantac Dragon.
    To be replaced: Aimpoint Comp M4 (I'll probably put on a SPARC from TGD).
    If you're building an AR, TGD's got the goods.
    beguzy6y.jpg

y4avade7.jpg

de9yra6e.jpg

era9ahy3.jpg

ry8e6yne.jpg

Dan1612

Master
    very nice. I like the cerakote treatment that David did on his spiral fluted barrel. Do it! :)

Yup. Same barrel (almost), I like that too, but I REALLY like how the stainless shines under the rail. I was also thinking about doing the kryptek dip, but I like the contrast between the black and silver colors, so I think I'll be leaving it as is, except for the optic, that's going on the SCAR as soon as it gets here. I think I'll paint the trigger and put it in my LMT and put a flat one on this. It's a VERY nice trigger. When a trigger allows you to hit steel at 75 yards offhand, while rushing, you know it's good. No creep, no BS, just a clean 3.5# break.
    Not even counting the FANTASTIC price , this is a fine trigger. Dave has a demo. Check it out next time you go in.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom