• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I let my Bride assemble them, lol

That reminded me of something funny. Prior to my dad passing away I inherited 3 of his guns. Tore the 22 down, cleaned it, sent the buttstock out for repair, tore the 44 down cleaned it.

Went to tear the Remington 1100 down, having never done it before, so I was watching a video trying to figure it out. My wife walked out looked at me and asked if I was done. Told her I was still trying to figure out how to tear it down. She grabbed it, and then laid out a pile of parts, told me to call her when I was done, and she'll put ot back together.

She was the Department Manager over Sporting Goods at Wal Mart and had to assemble/disassemble them all the time. All I knew about it was I fired it once in 1975-76 and never touched it again, until 2011. She'll tell people she had to teach me how to take my shotgun apart.

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Type D buttstock on order, A1 pistol grip will be here Monday or Tuesday. Waiting on some smaller stuff too such as the handguard ring, and the short screw for the buttstock along with the roll pin punches to show up.

Was playing around with the rear sight parts earlier, and ended up spending an hour on the floor looking for the detent pin.....My wife found it, stuck it to painters tape and told me to leave it alone, until I install it.

It was comical, there I am crawling around on the floor, first the Husky, and then the Malamute showed up, then the damn cat decided to show up and join in on the floor staring contest. Almost an hour later my wife walks in asks what's going on, 5 minutes later she goes is this it.

In my defense I went into a coughing fit (From the crud) and dropped it.......That's how it was lost!

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    That would be a good deal for someone who:
    1. Is not worried about the color
    2. Is willing to finish it in a correct XM Grey (or similar shade)
    3. Is building a rearsenal 603 type clone as they were refinished in black.

The upper is a Nodak Spud NDS-16A1. Nodak Spud usually sells these for right around $160. The question is, did Delta Tactical acquire the forging and did the machining and anodizing or did they purchase them complete from Nodak Spud? In any event, still a good buy.

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Type D buttstock is slated to be here tomorrow.....So I guess I'll attempt to change it and the pistol grip out to the A1 soon.

The rest of the small parts and the roll pin punches will be here Saturday, so I can install the A1 rear sight. That will make the entire back end built, and ready for the barrel.

I have the weld spring, snap ring, barrel nut, gas tube, flash hider lock washer, 3 prong flash hider, A1 style handguard slip ring, triangle handguards on hand.

Lacking at this point, barrel (In work), triangle handguard cap (In work), complete FSB (In work).

Need to get a sling and bayonet. She's closer to getting done.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Type D buttstock is slated to be here tomorrow.....So I guess I'll attempt to change it and the pistol grip out to the A1 soon.

The rest of the small parts and the roll pin punches will be here Saturday, so I can install the A1 rear sight. That will make the entire back end built, and ready for the barrel.

I have the weld spring, snap ring, barrel nut, gas tube, flash hider lock washer, 3 prong flash hider, A1 style handguard slip ring, triangle handguards on hand.

Lacking at this point, barrel (In work), triangle handguard cap (In work), complete FSB (In work).

You can find a great many original M7 bayonets w/ M8A1 scabbards on ebay. Get your nylon M14 sling from What-a-Country.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0

Get that barrel pre assembled..... trust me. At a minimum the fsb already on.

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Get that barrel pre assembled..... trust me. At a minimum the fsb already on.

I fully agree. Find a complete A1 profile barrel assembly. If you get the barrel, endcap, and FSB separately, you are going to pay addition money to have someone install the FSB and they need to know what they are doing so as to align the FSB with gas port before the tapered holes are drilled as they have to be matched to the FSB. I know a guy who does this and he is extremely good at what he does. He charges about $65 and that does not include shipping costs. In lieu of this, it is extremely advantageous to get a complete A1 profile barrel assembly.

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    OK, been laid up for over a month now, lumbar is better (After the first round of injections) but my hip and knee are making it darn near impossible to walk, and I can forget about driving. I've been in some sort of pain since 06 Jul and this is getting old. Managed to get up and about a little yesterday, and did a little work on the Faux 604.

Changed out the buttstock (Looks better), pistol grip, got the slip ring, well spring and snap ring installed. Started installing the A1 rear sight, but got confused, I tried to keep the sight aperture centered, when installing the screw, but it either goes all they way to the right, or goes all the way to the left. That's why I haven't installed the windage drum and the other parts yet. Is there a trick to this, or will it center with adjusting the windage drum? Or am I just overthinking this....?

Pain today is bad enough today that I haven't been able to move around very much. Hopefully tomorrow it'll be better and I can finish installing the rear sight.

20210808_210929.jpg

20210617_141624.jpg

20210808_201143.jpg

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    OK, been laid up for over a month now, lumbar is better (After the first round of injections) but my hip and knee are making it darn near impossible to walk, and I can forget about driving. I've been in some sort of pain since 06 Jul and this is getting old. Managed to get up and about a little yesterday, and did a little work on the Faux 604.

Changed out the buttstock (Looks better), pistol grip, got the slip ring, well spring and snap ring installed. Started installing the A1 rear sight, but got confused, I tried to keep the sight aperture centered, when installing the screw, but it either goes all they way to the right, or goes all the way to the left. That's why I haven't installed the windage drum and the other parts
    PM sent

Last edited:
    Top Bottom