• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Va boy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Is there a gun store within an hour drive from Pensacola with a large selection of new and used guns? Back home in Virginia we had Green Top near Richmond. You could look for hours in there

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Tnt guns in Foley Alabama also. They have a larger sister store in Tennessee. But always have good stuff in stock. They also sell cans

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Tradewinds Pawn on Hwy 98 in Santa Rosa County. Guns stacked on top of guns, wall to wall, floor to ceiling

If you don’t see it, ask - they probably have 3.

It is hard to buy anything unless you are looking for something as you keep moving through, then reading boxes, etc.

Small place but packed to the gills.

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    All good suggestions, but why didn't anyone name the store with the most guns?? and seeming good service??

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    Grey man armory
    Gulf coast gun
    Within 10 minutes of each other
    Jim's firearms has a lot of stock as well, but he is full retail on most things, even accessories.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I agree that Jim's prices are high, but it's a good place to look at some high end 1911s.. I've seen examples of Wilson Combat, Les Baer, Ed Brown & Staccato 2011s there. Tradewinds has a lot of guns...great if you are looking for something specific to ask about, but I've never found it to be a pleasant browsing experience.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Tradewinds has great stock but Miles needs to revamp that store. You can’t see anything. All the long guns are behind the counter and the handguns are in low, dark glass cases.
    My lower back is not in the best of shape so bending down for any length of time is not good. He could improve it a lot just by lighting the cases.
    Everybody says “just ask if he has it” but I’m a notorious impulse buyer. I rarely go in looking for something but have come out many times with a gun I didn’t know I needed until I saw it.
    I like going in Gulf Coast Guns where you can actually touch the guns.
    Grey Man is a nice store but they mostly lean toward tactical rather than walnut and steel. I bought a Glock 43x from them a few months ago at the best price I could find in town. Nice folks.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    You mention going to gun coast guns and touching things. I know folks who will not go there because they don't want to pay new prices for a gun that's been handled by many.
    I like the hands on myself. I hate asking, "let me see that one." I know it's there job, I just always feel like I'm annoying the sales person.

zdiver99

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I go first to Gulf Coast Guns, largest selection I have seen in the area. While in Milton I go to Gray Man Armory. I like GCG better, more of a "down to earth" store. Not saying anything is wrong with Gray Man, more of a tactical/long range shooting store. Gulf Coast has more ammo, and better price, than any other store in the area.
    In Pensacola proper, Ubers is a great place to go, great selection of both new and used guns. Jims has more guns than most in Pcola, with a little higher price. Mikes, last few times I went, has a so-so selection of guns and ammo, good people.

All of the places I have suggested have good people and always willing to help me. I have purchased from all of these stores and will again if I find what I am looking for.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    You mention going to gun coast guns and touching things. I know folks who will not go there because they don't want to pay new prices for a gun that's been handled by many.
    I like the hands on myself. I hate asking, "let me see that one." I know it's there job, I just always feel like I'm annoying the sales person.
    I’ve only bought one gun from Gulf Coast - a Savage 24 made in the late ‘60s so it’s already been handled plenty.
    I do have my doubts about the steel rods in the barrels they use to display handguns. While it’s great for the browser, I would ask for one still in the box. I mostly go in there for used guns that aren’t manufactured anymore.
    I rarely go in Mike’s. Seems like there’s always some “big shots” in there talking loud, trying to impress people.
    And every time I go in Scott’s in Jay, there’s always a couple of the counter man’s buddies hanging around that watch your every move. No thanks.

chef_josh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I live a mile from Tradewinds, and I usually just drive to Gulf Coast Guns when I’m looking for something. It’s incredibly frustrating to try and browse in the jumbled mess of Tradewinds. Miles is definitely nice though.

I’m not an anti-social person by any means, but the less contact I can have with gun store employees, the better. I’m not sure where they find these people, but 2 things I’m certain aren’t required for working at a gun store are 1. Any customer service/people skills, and 2. Any general knowledge of guns.

I bought a shotgun in Mike’s a couple weeks ago, and I had no less than 12 barrels pointed directly at my head while I was there. All 3 employees working pointed guns directly at me at some point, and one older guy at least 7 or 8 times. A younger guy literally explaining how Alec Baldwin was an idiot and how hammer safeties worked to another customer, cocked the hammer and pulled the trigger while pointed at my chest from 12 feet away. The irony was mind-boggling. They also messed up my name when running my background check, causing a 2 hour delay, but didn’t bother to contact FDLE. They just said, “they’ll eventually catch it by your social number.” I’d been looking for a turkey gun for weeks and was glad to finally have one in my hand, but I’ll never step foot in that store again….ever.

BamaFaninMilton

Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Is there a gun store within an hour drive from Pensacola with a large selection of new and used guns? Back home in Virginia we had Green Top near Richmond. You could look for hours in there
    Va Boy, I lived in Midlothian for several years and visited Green Top a bunch of times, both the old store on Route 1 and the new store in the shopping center. Small world.

Fear21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I hate asking, "let me see that one." I know it's there job, I just always feel like I'm annoying the sales person.

Same. Been spoiled by GCG at this point, I love being able to check out whatever it is I want without having a salesperson just staring at me the whole time or giving me the sales pitch.

War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I've been in GCG once...was meeting another forum member there. The open display of handguns seems like a good idea for checking them out, but unless there is another example that's NIB in the back, I'd never buy one there.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    I've been in GCG once...was meeting another forum member there. The open display of handguns seems like a good idea for checking them out, but unless there is another example that's NIB in the back, I'd never buy one there.
    My point but nothing wrong with that. I have my ways as well and that's ok.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom