• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I go first to Gulf Coast Guns, largest selection I have seen in the area. While in Milton I go to Gray Man Armory. I like GCG better, more of a "down to earth" store. Not saying anything is wrong with Gray Man, more of a tactical/long range shooting store. Gulf Coast has more ammo, and better price, than any other store in the area.
    In Pensacola proper, Ubers is a great place to go, great selection of both new and used guns. Jims has more guns than most in Pcola, with a little higher price. Mikes, last few times I went, has a so-so selection of guns and ammo, good people.

All of the places I have suggested have good people and always willing to help me. I have purchased from all of these stores and will again if I find what I am looking for.
    On their gun prices sure. Their ammo prices, pre , intra and post covid are still shite.

.22 cents

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   1
    There’s also Buck and Bass on Pine Forest Rd. I haven’t gotten anything from them. Just adding to the list. Academy too

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    There’s also Gulf Breeze Firearms (formerly The Pistol Parlor) but they mostly specialize in safari-type rifles and I can never catch them open. I think they do most of their business on-line.
    They used to be my main place in the ‘80s. The owner (Duke) is a great guy.

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    You mention going to gun coast guns and touching things. I know folks who will not go there because they don't want to pay new prices for a gun that's been handled by many.
    I like the hands on myself. I hate asking, "let me see that one." I know it's there job, I just always feel like I'm annoying the sales person.

You can always ask them for one from the back. They keep more in stock than what is out (on new guns). It is not guaranteed they will have multiples of everything, but they will for a lot.

justapilgrim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I agree that Jim's prices are high, but it's a good place to look at some high end 1911s.. I've seen examples of Wilson Combat, Les Baer, Ed Brown & Staccato 2011s there. Tradewinds has a lot of guns...great if you are looking for something specific to ask about, but I've n ever found it to be a pleasant browsing experience.
    ".great if you are looking for something specific to ask about, but I've never found it to be a pleasant browsing experience." That's been my experience also...it's a bit overwhelming.

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    I’ve only bought one gun from Gulf Coast - a Savage 24 made in the late ‘60s so it’s already been handled plenty.
    I do have my doubts about the steel rods in the barrels they use to display handguns. While it’s great for the browser, I would ask for one still in the box. I mostly go in there for used guns that aren’t manufactured anymore.
    I rarely go in Mike’s. Seems like there’s always some “big shots” in there talking loud, trying to impress people.
    And every time I go in Scott’s in Jay, there’s always a couple of the counter man’s buddies hanging around that watch your every move. No thanks.
    Those "big shots" are comical. We should pay them respect though.......you know they were all Seal Team 6 according to what they say. LOL, LOL.

Krazy1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I like GCG and Grey Man Armory. They have one of the Kiosks in there that make fingerprinting and background information a breeze for getting a tax stamp.

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ".great if you are looking for something specific to ask about, but I've never found it to be a pleasant browsing experience." That's been my experience also...it's a bit overwhelming.

I have never fully understood this gun shop display Model.

Firearms that are displayed 6 feet+ in distance from you. No chance of even reading the price tag. Let alone looking for unit or manufacture markings

Where as the Tradewinds building gives a distressed-unorganized bargain look. There are very high toned gun shops that do the same thing. i.e Heritage Guild of Easton in Easton PA. and also to a lesser extent AAA Gun & Pawn Shop in Deland Fl and the Old Biffs in Louisville.

The big similar thing that these shops seem to share is their higher prices.

I think the intention must be that you are to network with the sales staff for your gun shopping needs.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    All I can figure is Miles is doing OK with the way the shop is and doesn’t want to put any money or effort into improving it.
    I used to stop when I was in the area but now I just drive right by. Too frustrating to deal with.

skyydiver

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I never mind stopping in Tradewimds myself. It’s a pawn shop, and I guess I don’t have high expectations for the displays because of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7.62x39

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jay’s in crestview has a bunch of stuff too .. feels like a completely different shop than the one we had in pensacola

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I have never fully understood this gun shop display Model.

Firearms that are displayed 6 feet+ in distance from you. No chance of even reading the price tag. Let alone looking for unit or manufacture markings

Where as the Tradewinds building gives a distressed-unorganized bargain look. There are very high toned gun shops that do the same thing. i.e Heritage Guild of Easton in Easton PA. and also to a lesser extent AAA Gun & Pawn Shop in Deland Fl and the Old Biffs in Louisville.

The big similar thing that these shops seem to share is their higher prices.

I think the intention must be that you are to network with the sales staff for your gun shopping needs.
    Yep and they don't get their fine, often rare and irreplaceable merchandise finger banged, rusted or stolen. All fine enough reasons for me to ASK to see something first.

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There’s also Gulf Breeze Firearms (formerly The Pistol Parlor) but they mostly specialize in safari-type rifles and I can never catch them open. I think they do most of their business on-line.
    They used to be my main place in the ‘80s. The owner (Duke) is a great guy.

If you ever get the chance, do not pass up an opportunity to go in "the vault". Truly spectacular. You won't find a collection like that, maybe, anywhere else in the US. Just remember, if you have to ask $....

Otherwise, I usually know what I want and it isn't likely going to be in a store here, so Gunbroker.com. While away as many hours as you like and use your own bathroom as needed.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    If you ever get the chance, do not pass up an opportunity to go in "the vault". Truly spectacular. You won't find a collection like that, maybe, anywhere else in the US. Just remember, if you have to ask $....

Otherwise, I usually know what I want and it isn't likely going to be in a store here, so Gunbroker.com. While away as many hours as you like and use your own bathroom as needed.
    Yes, I went in there a couple of years ago. Nice stuff.

greywolf7373

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I can attest to Gulf Coast Gun & Outdoors. They are indeed a pawn shop however they present as a well stocked Gun store. literally floor to ceiling. I've found their prices to be a smidge higher than others but the selection is absolutely there.

Attachments

• unknown (23).png
      unknown (23).png
      2.7 MB · Views: 46

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yes, I went in there a couple of years ago. Nice stuff.

First picture is of the vault in GB. They are the sole US agent for the Westley Richards company. Duke's a big bird hunter now, so he's got a lot of high end double shotguns. Where else you gonna find Purdys around here? But, if you want to see true safari rifles, both doubles and bolts, they have them. Bring money--lot's of it!

Honestly though, buy something. They carry made in Africa Courteney safari boots. Great, tough boot.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I think the OP was looking for an actual LARGE gun store... like KTP. There just aren't any of those around here for like 500 hundred miles
    Screenshot_20220127-003705_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220127-003742_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220127-003753_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220127-003923_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I think the closest LARGE gun store is the CMP in Anniston Alabama. And of course they mostly deal with just surplus guns
    Screenshot_20220127-004616_Chrome.jpg

Top Bottom