• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think the point of the collective was our KTP is the pawn shop in GB...or Uber's. Taint no KTP here. Adventure Outdoors in Smyrna is the closest big gun shop I know of, and I sure wouldn't drive that far just to go there.

In days gone by, to me at least, it was Penney's Hardware and the gun show at Hadji Shrine.

Last edited:

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Why else did God put all that oil in the ground, if not for us to use it to go to fine places like this that are far away????

Sure, I got a solar powered car anyway. But: 1. Atlanta traffic and B. the store is large, but it's Meh.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I’ve been to the Kittery Trading Post once, awesome store.
    I was in the liquor store in the building where Penney’s used to be. The employees had no idea it once was a gun shop. They knew about the flower shop but not Penney’s.

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    For a gun crazed kid in the late 70s, Penney's was the Shee Yot for this area. FN-FAL next to a Win 70 in .458? Check, it was there. And not once did they say "don't touch that!". He had a lot of the "don't touch" hung high anyway.

But, fondling the full auto weapons at the Shrine Temple before the '84 act was none too shabby either.

Reactions: Ron

indy1919a4

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    AAA Gun & Pawn in Deland FL. has maybe 1000 to 2000 guns in it.

They price on the higher side but they did have the guns. Lots of older collector guns. I.E maybe 10 lugers.

Had not been in there for a while and the atmosphere of the place has changed. Prior visits (years ago) had a very you are here in the way feel. Like it was a private club. Todays visit was very very warm and inviting. There were several people in there actually buying guns.

Ron

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    For a gun crazed kid in the late 70s, Penney's was the Shee Yot for this area. FN-FAL next to a Win 70 in .458? Check, it was there. And not once did they say "don't touch that!". He had a lot of the "don't touch" hung high anyway.

But, fondling the full auto weapons at the Shrine Temple before the '84 act was none too shabby either.
    I bought my first gun at Penney's. I don't have that gun any more it was a Dan Wesson 22lr revolver multi barrel set. I do still have the first gun case that I bought for my Rem 870 from there. Brings back many memories. I remember the man who owned the place. John Pennington. Super nice man. Wall to wall guns!

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Penny's is now a pawn shop. --- SAWMAN
    No, it was a flower shop and then a liquor store opened there a couple of months ago.
    I bought a couple of guns from Penney’s back in the day.
    They used to keep their used long guns in a rack that was accessible by customers until that idiot loaded a .243 and shot himself in the leg with it. It was deliberate so he could sue but the investigation showed that people had seen him work the bolt. He ended up getting charged.
    After that, they moved the guns behind the counter.
    I heard the old man had a fantastic collection upstairs - NIB Win model 12s, etc.

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I bought my first gun at Penney's. I don't have that gun any more it was a Dan Wesson 22lr revolver multi barrel set. I do still have the first gun case that I bought for my Rem 870 from there. Brings back many memories. I remember the man who owned the place. John Pennington. Super nice man. Wall to wall guns!

I've got most (all?) of mine. One of my favorites is a TC .50 cal "Renegade" made before they stamped the barrels with "Renegade".

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    I shopped at Penney's back in the day. One among many was a 10" bbl stainless steel Ruger Mk II. I used it in shooting IHMSA silhouette at Hulbert Field back in the 80's. I still have the 1986 IHMSA book "Shooting Steel."

Last edited:
    Top Bottom