• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    I wish Hugh would have 1 serious comment before the 10 smart-assed posts

You have to shop a bit, like the 6.8 there is a new vendor selling the Federal 90 GD for .90-95 a rd shipped and it is a great SD/HD/Hunting rd, he has 46,000 rds available

HughJoergan

Wiener Connoisseur
    Sorry Frank your ratios are off. My sarcastic post bumping this thread was the serious post. Everyone still think stockpiling ammo is crazy?

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    I love ya Man!

itsazonik

Expert
    so i just came across this post and figured i would add in. i have almost 40k rounds boxed, i have 40 30 round mags full for the 223. someone said something about BMG ammo, i have 1100 rounds for that

BDK1972

Expert
    1 bullet barney

Attachments

• when-you-this-hardcore-badass-you-only-need-one-bullet.jpg
      when-you-this-hardcore-badass-you-only-need-one-bullet.jpg
      82.8 KB · Views: 167

MarkS

Master
    I don't have enough but I will keep buying as long as I can afford it, 4K rounds for each weapon is where I want to be. My brother told me that would be a good starting point and I agree but I have a long way to go to get there.

Whisky

Expert
    I have to admit, I like this thread. Makes me feel a little better about my obsession.....

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Dachshunds forever!

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    so i just came across this post and figured i would add in. i have almost 40k rounds boxed, i have 40 30 round mags full for the 223. someone said something about BMG ammo, i have 1100 rounds for that

Good for you! I need to get off my butt and get organized, I am not even sure of what I have anymore. I just know that I need more!

I have to admit, I like this thread. Makes me feel a little better about my obsession.....

Glad that we could be of service :thumb:

Snow Bird

Master
    GCGF is not good for me. Who would have ever thought I would walk into Wallie World and plunk down almost 400 dollars on 223 ammo when I have almost 1000 rounds already. Now this is for a gun that I probally shot only about 150times. Got to checking my 12 gauge shells and I have around 1000 for dove hunting. Its almost like if you know how much ammo you have you don't have enough. Don't you just love it?

HughJoergan

Wiener Connoisseur
    GCGF is not good for me. Who would have ever thought I would walk into Wallie World and plunk down almost 400 dollars on 223 ammo when I have almost 1000 rounds already. Now this is for a gun that I probally shot only about 150times. Got to checking my 12 gauge shells and I have around 1000 for dove hunting. Its almost like if you know how much ammo you have you don't have enough. Don't you just love it?

What's the old saying? If you know how much money you have, you aren't rich.

A box of ammo to me means, I'm almost out of ammo.......

JGH

Expert
    Every time I walk by the ammo counter at WalMart I buy anything they have in the calibers I own, 9MM, 22LR, 45, 357/38 special. After reading this thread, I realize that I have been negelecting my 12 guage. I'm going to fix that starting today.

Last edited:

Drauka99

Marksman
    Lets see, About 2K of 45ACP about 3K of 22LR .... probably 2k more of various other calibers. Likely have everything to reload about 2K before i start running low on components.

Stockpiling get a little easier once you start sticking with one caliber. Pistols I combined and purged till i only have 45 and 22's

Rifles are a bit different since I have several different flavors to suit different ranges.

I tend to check the ammo counters every time I go in to a store or shop and if the price is right\or funds allow, I pick up a box or 2 more of a caliber I shoot.

Last edited:

FVNVTVK

Marksman
    Kinda off topic...

I went to the Pace Wally World the other day to buy some more 7.62...

They had 6 boxes of Tul on the shelf and a vague sign that said they MAY limit quantities purchased on certain calibers (no certain calibers noted).

Counter guy asked how much I wanted and I said Id take all six boxes. He opened the glass, smirked, grabbed 3 boxes and told me that that's what I'd take.

I laughed and told him he could take it...and put it back on the shelf.

I then drove to Academy and bought two hundred rounds of Monarch 7.62

Screw wal mart. The next time I go there for ammo will be in my suburban, crashing through the front doors, knocking down displays with my brushguard, and conducting a tactical smash-n-grab because the zombie apocalypse has arrived.

Top Bottom