• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Ammo will never be as cheap as it is TODAY. With this run on ammo the prices will surely rise. Buy early. Put it on credit card or layaway if possible to lock in your purchase.

A good indication of things to come will be the P'cola gunshow next weekend. You can see the different shooting,hunting,reloading,knives,and associated equipment,to get a feel of the prices AND demand. I suspect that the bulk ammo sellers(Georgia Arms,etc) will be sold out early. Be at the show when doors open Saturday. Get there(in line)1/2 hour before the doors open.

Think about YOUR future in hunting,shooting,and/or reloading. You don't have to panic buy but you should think about the future,your future. --- SAWMAN

Urbanfuturistic

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I bet they won't sell out. I'm betting they will come in with high prices trying to cash in, like they usually do, and the prices are gonna look so stupid you'll be happy to pay Wally World and academy prices.

On the topic: I have a couple thousand 7.62x39. That's about all I keep on hand. I just recently bought my first ar platform rifle, so I'm going to have to start keeping more of that on hand. Should probably get some more mags for that as well.

Last edited:

HughJoergan

Wiener Connoisseur
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Keep your ammo in ammo cans at a some what constant temp it will outlast you.

Stupid question time. Ammo cans - check.

What would everyone else recommend. Say those keep fresh packages you see? Yeah I can't remember what they're called.

Prob should get smaller cans than the 40mm ones I have. Great for storage, but man they get heavy!

XD45

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    all my stuff is and has been in cans forever and so far my 1988 reloading lot of ammo all went off just fine last outting

XD45

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've got more than I can shoot before they take me out with the helo and the mini gun.....:sad:

it sounds like you need more friends so you all can at-least use up all the ammo ,,,, would hate for it to wind up in the enemies hands

RackinRay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Stupid question time. Ammo cans - check.

What would everyone else recommend. Say those keep fresh packages you see? Yeah I can't remember what they're called.

Prob should get smaller cans than the 40mm ones I have. Great for storage, but man they get heavy!

Desiccant packages, or a de-humidifier, is a good practice if you are storing the ammo in a safe or a locker/cabinet that can be mostly sealed. The .30 cal boxes work best for most social calibers in my opinion.

b747fp

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've been trying to find a bulk pack of 308, and everyone is sold out. I've got about 500 rds of 12ga, 500 rds of .223 (300 rds in mags), and a little bit of 9mm, and .40....I def need to get some .308

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    all my stuff is and has been in cans forever and so far my 1988 reloading lot of ammo all went off just fine last outting

I ain't going in there and counting but I have a bunch of 12 and 20 gauge in everything from #8 shot up to 000 Buck and slugs. I do have a more than ample supply of .22LR, .223, .22-250, .25-06, and .308. Lets just say that the wife is ticked at the loss of an entire closet.

I shot a bunch of 1974-1976 vintage reloads back in the spring. Most worked fine. I did have issues with one batch of .22-250. I don't remember the history of these cases as far as how many times they were used or anything but the bullet/powder/primer combo was a load that I used for years with no issues. After 3 shots I decided they would get the bullets pulled and the cases go in the scrap bucket.

22-250cases.jpg

olecarver

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Gents remember to pick up lots of mag feeders, Olecarver will be throwin taters an beans on the fire while you keep the ZOMBIES taken down, But make it easy on the old fella get some mag feeders, cookin an loading mags can cause lots o blisters,,, LOL ... Any of ya do up grades on the head stamp, Let me know I didnt get in on the stock up till late in the game....... olecarver

olecarver

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    JohnAl, my uncle gave me some hand me downs. Man I found where he necked down 30-06 mil cases to 25-06.. Its amazing what can be found that was once survival stock pile......

MrFish

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm somewhere around the 18K range. 20K range w/ .22LR. The majority is 12 guage and .40S&W. I haven't been consciously stockpiling any, it just happens that way. You don't think about it until you keep banging your toes on cases of ammo in the closet.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    JohnAl, my uncle gave me some hand me downs. Man I found where he necked down 30-06 mil cases to 25-06.. Its amazing what can be found that was once survival stock pile......

Yep. Back in the 70s a friend gave me a sealed ammo can of GI .30-06 armor piercing ammo in M1 Garand enbloc clips in bandoleers. Shot a few. Pulled the rest and necked down to .25-06. Great brass. Still have maybe 25 of them that have never been loaded. LC59 headstamp.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I would have to dig around in the garage and might could come up with a few but I know that there is not many. Most of them I twisted apart and used the cores as center punches. Gave a lot of them to friends. They make the finest center punch one has ever owned. I'll try to remember to look. If I don't respond within a couple of weeks, remind me.

Those things would shoot a 1/4" hole through a railroad rail that was so clean it looked like it was done with a laser.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I have bunches of 30cal AP(black tip)bullets. Wanna buy 'em. If so, give me the highest price that you will pay each,in a PM. The bullets are 163grs. --- SAWMAN

Last edited:

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There is your best shot if you are looking for some to reload gunner. I know that I don't have more than a handful IF I can find them.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom