• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Puddles

Shooter
    New to the Panama City area and would like to find a range that is 600yds or more. I’m aware that there is Element Training Complex in Holt, but is there anything closer to Panama City? Thanks in advance.

scrappyfisci

Expert
    there is a tactical range, not sure how big or open to public near I-10 and HWY 331 closer to DeFuniak...don't know much about it otherwise...

Puddles

Shooter
    there is a tactical range, not sure how big or open to public near I-10 and HWY 331 closer to DeFuniak...don't know much about it otherwise...
    I’ve seen that place. Can’t remember the name. I’m betting it’s geared to gov contracts. Thanks for the heads up though, might have to try and swing in next time I’m around there.

Recondo 101

Shooter
    A fair piece to go, but Jay, of Jay's Guns has a 1,000 yard range north of Baker. The Holt range is down by 90 in Holt, do not know whom the contact person is at Holt. You can sign up at Jay's Guns in Crestview for their 1,000 yard range north of Baker. Never been to their range myself, as I have my own range and I no longer shoot 1,000. However, I have seen pictures of Jay's range and the shooting positions at their gun store in Crestview.
    Back a few years ago, the only 1,000 yard range close around here was over in Pascagoula, MS, the next nearest was north of Jacksonville in GA. The really long distance ranges are few and far between.
    One of the guys that shot at Sampson, AL/FL border 600 meters, told me the owner sold the land to a developer and it is no more. That shooter, pro hog hunter, was just here to repair my 24ft entry gate opener.
    As always, check by phone before you ride, in today's environment.

Last edited:

F4E Phantom

Expert
    The 1000yd in Holt is for members only. It’s a steel only range. You need a spotter to see hits or a Digiscope attachment for spotting scope. I might be wrong but the 1000yd range north of Baker is not Jays. Jays has a range out there kinda hidden. Been out there a few times, before I joined Element in Holt. Jays range is 150yd max if I recall.

Gulf Coast rifle and pistol club in Gulf County is a 300yrd range open 24/7 to private members.Not expensive to join and has a yearly renewal,but you get a new gate code every year and the rules are No incendiary ammo,No shooting the wildlife.Respect the range and others,but full auto and explosives are allowed

Top Bottom