• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    This is from last year, I'd probably have lost my temper had I caught them. Buckshot. Im guessing the headless one was +8 pt. Assholes. Found on Truck trail 17, brady rd.
    Screenshot_20231214-192405_Gallery.jpg

• Angry
    Reactions: sj1

FrommerStop

Master
    Use the 3" 3/4 oz loaded .410 shell as a cut shell.
    Below are 12 gauge that have been cut. They are accurate to at least 10 yards.

1702613071239.png

FrommerStop

Master
    If it had been a Natural Ice can I would say it was crackheads ;) At crime scenes we used to profile the suspect pool by the brands of beer cans in and around the scene:cool:
    A smart criminal 'crackhead' would find out what his competition drinks and scatter those around crime scenes lol.
    Maybe crackheads are not smart criminals lol.

FLT

Master
    On an unrelated note , does anyone know how long it would take for a newer model ford pickup to overheat with 2 or 3 seventeen caliber holes in the radiator?
    asking for a friend

DixieReb

Conservative American
    GCGF Supporter
    I wouldn’t even think about or consider using a 410 for deer, it could be done I’m sure but to be more ethical in taking a deer I’d use no less than a 20 gauge. I’ve killed deer with 16, 12 and 10 gauge but never used a 20 ga or 410 on a deer. One of my grandmothers used to go with Grandaddy back in the 1960’s when they dog hunted, I remember Granny killing deer with her 20 ga single shot. I have a scoped Rem 870 that I enjoy taking deer with 12 ga slugs, haven’t carried a 10 ga in a long time due to ammo difficult to find, own two 10 ga shotguns

FrommerStop

Master
    "410 slug weighs about 87.5 grains, starts with a muzzle velocity of 1815 fps, and generates 640 ft. lbs. of muzzle energy." I don't think it's a good idea...
    At very close ranges it is enough to kill small deer if the accuracy is there. Not my choice for sure, but if I was hungry and I had nothing else....

Hyco

Shooter
    With modern ammo absolutely. I load a 12 pellet TSS “T” shot that’s devastating with pass thru at 50yards. Also do a 10 “F” and 23 “T” for 33 pellets in a 20ga. It has flipped them at 75 yards running dogs. Probably won’t carry a 12 anymore. No need in toting a boat anchor or shoulder abuse. TSS is a game changer

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    With modern ammo absolutely. I load a 12 pellet TSS “T” shot that’s devastating with pass thru at 50yards. Also do a 10 “F” and 23 “T” for 33 pellets in a 20ga. It has flipped them at 75 yards running dogs. Probably won’t carry a 12 anymore. No need in toting a boat anchor or shoulder abuse. TSS is a game changer
    Good to know. Tkx.

BluesBrother

Master
    Seems like you would get a lot more meat and hide destruction with a shot gun kill.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom