• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This one could not have happened without great friends. Got invited to a friend's lease and he told me that he had a good 8 and a 10 coming in. I had the green light on either one of those.

Got in the stand around 1pm Saturday and proceeded to watch a ton of turkey scratch around for a while.

At 3:30 as I'm scanning I see a body between some pine trees. I have about six inches of view between about six pine trees. He finally picks his head up enough for me to count points and I know he's one of the two deer I'm after. I continue for another five minutes waiting for a shot through another one of the six inch windows hoping that he gives it to me. Finally he does and I take the neck, front shoulder shot.

I don't see him run off and I can't see him on the ground either. At first I wonder if I missed. I have to lean way over to finally see white on the ground. He went 0.0". Dropped right there. I'm first pumping the air 40 feet in a tree!!!

Got him cleaned and caped for the wall!

Look closely and you'll see all the wood on his antlers from making rubs.

Attachments

• IMG_20150214_160720088 small.jpg
      IMG_20150214_160720088 small.jpg
      207.8 KB · Views: 160
    • IMG_20150214_153044857 small.jpg
      IMG_20150214_153044857 small.jpg
      268.1 KB · Views: 172

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    That is an absolutely great deer TP. Is he from around here or further north ?? For someone to invite you to hunt their lease is a friend indeed.

You made out for both for the deer,and for the friendship. --- SAWMAN

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    That is an absolutely great deer TP. Is he from around here or further north ?? For someone to invite you to hunt their lease is a friend indeed.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

He is a Florida deer. Just a spit from Alabama though. I'm on the waiting list for this club. Great deer and good friends.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    A club with a waiting list(same as my club)means that there is something worth waiting for. Stick with it. Join. Good huntin' and good friends are worth there weight in gold.

Good goin' --- SAWMAN

budbreak96

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The guy above saying someone inviting you to hunt their lease, during the best time is a damn good friend. Then to put you in a stand where he has seen a 8 and 10 point, he's like family.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The guy above saying someone inviting you to hunt their lease, during the best time is a damn good friend. Then to put you in a stand where he has seen a 8 and 10 point, he's like family.
    And it's his backup stand. He has another stand with bigger bucks if you could believe it. He's definitely a great family friend. But he's just like me. It doesn't matter who pulls the trigger on a hunt. We get the same satisfaction whether either of us pull the trigger. Just as long as someone gets it done.

FelixH

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Same old story... work at work, work at home. I did exactly zero dives in 2014. I'm going to make sure 2015 is much better! Let's knock the dust of the gear when it gets warmer.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nice deer. I'm really surprised that a club will let members bring guests during the rut. Most don't allow it.

Top Bottom