• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    droshki,

I like your taste in women, I sincerely respect your service to our country if you have served, and I think you have, I like your taste in guns, but we don't see eye to eye on politics, and I suspect religion too, so I will TRY to
    keep any future responses to your posts, ones that are on those subjects...

peace out

I served 20 years, and retired, and I still work for the Department of Defense. Thank you for your kind words.

This topic of kneeling never came up once, especially for unaffiliated civilians. And believe me, I've had plenty of military training. However, policing unaffiliated civilians was never part of my job description, nor training. Defending America from enemies both foreign and domestic was. I swore to do so on many occasions, and did my best for over 20 years to do so. I served to protect and defend the constitution, in its whole, not based on my personal beliefs or opinions. That'ss what service members do.

My question to you is if you believe in the rights enumerated in the constitution or not?

It is a simple yes or no question.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I served 20 years, and retired, and I still work for the Department of Defense. Thank you for your kind words.

This topic of kneeling never came up once, especially for unaffiliated civilians. And believe me, I've had plenty of military training. However, policing unaffiliated civilians was never part of my job description, nor training. Defending America from enemies both foreign and domestic was. I swore to do so on many occasions, and did my best for over 20 years to do so. I served to protect and defend the constitution, in its whole, not based on my personal beliefs or opinions. That'ss what service members do.

My question to you is if you believe in the rights enumerated in the constitution or not?

It is a simple yes or no question.

yes, and the ones given, not by the govt, but by the Creator, and our birthright. the powers not listed under the government, are reserved to the state.

and I never saw you ask me that.. so where are you going with that question?

ever since I was a child, it is stand for the pledge , raising or lowering on special occasions, never let it hit the ground, dispose of a worn one properly, you know all of these already...

I have lost track where this rabbit trail started...

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    yes, and the ones given, not by the govt, but by the Creator, and our birthright. the powers not listed under the government, are reserved to the state.

and I never saw you ask me that.. so where are you going with that question?

ever since I was a child, it is stand for the pledge , raising or lowering on special occasions, never let it hit the ground, dispose of a worn one properly, you know all of these already...

I have lost track where this rabbit trail started...

People were exercising their constitutional rights.

Then some people got upset.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    People were exercising their constitutional rights.

Then some people got upset.

there is a time and place for everything, I think they did that on gold star mothers day, real classy...

edit::I have a right to go take a crap on my bosses desk, but I wont be expecting a raise or to continue my job, but I don't wish to exercise that right, as my boss has a right to fire me and call the popo

so go into the community, start a charity, work with inner city kids, not take a knee to get attention...

all to support a false narrative that blacks are getting killed by cops in greatly increasing numbers..

bullcrap, I have read and studied the subject, and would prob get banned for my posts if I posted the truth, not my opinion, but facts.

now, you have still not answered me, do you think it is disrespectful to kneel, or not?

yes or no

Last edited:

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That has to be the biggest load of b.s. I have ever seen. I see they left out why blacks seem to have more run ins with the police. I wonder why that is?

Actually your facts are wrong -officers interact with whites as often or maybe even more often than blacks. Of course this depends upon the officer's beat.

Further just as many whites are killed by the police as blacks. The problem is that there are 2.5 as many whites in this country as blacks. Here is a quote from an article I read:

"Police have shot and killed a young black man (ages 18 to 29) — such as Michael Brown in Ferguson, Mo. —175 times since January 2015; 24 of them were unarmed. Over that same period, police have shot and killed 172 young white men, 18 of whom were unarmed. Once again, while in raw numbers there were similar totals of white and black victims, blacks were killed at rates disproportionate to their percentage of the U.S. population. Of all of the unarmed people shot and killed by police in 2015, 40 percent of them were black men, even though black men make up just 6 percent of the nation’s population."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-by-police-yes-but-no/?utm_term=.f2655c462c9d

But even if your assumption was true why does an encounter with a police officer have to resemble a visit from the Grimm Reaper?

Last edited:

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    now, you have still not answered me, do you think it is disrespectful to kneel, or not?

yes or no

According to your religion, it seems to be an act of fealty. I agree with your religion. And about 2000 years of history.

Garym

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Bigoted assumption? I guess those facts from the department of justice are wrong?

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just want to make sure I understand the anger. Men, who you don't know, at an event that you are not attending, quietly kneel during the playing of the national anthem in a legal exercise of their constitutional right of free speech, and y'all are angry? I guess that the term "Snowflakes" can readily be applied to gun-toting Republicans as well.

Let me ask this question, my little snowflakes, when you are at home watching the game and they play the National Anthem, do you stand up and place your hand on your hear? If not are you being disrespectful?

I am willing to bet that a certrain percentage of you will respond by saying that you never watch professional sports. To which I must ask, they what are you fussing about? You don't even watch the game???

These athletes are not burning the flag or spitting on it, or trampling on it. The are not looting or rioting. They are quietly expressing there concern that too many young men like them are being killed every year by the police and nothing seems to be done about it.

If you want to get angry about something- how about getting angry at the fact that on average 25% of the people (Black, white, green or purpose) the police kill are unarmed.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Funny post from Aaron Rogers about this issue. In case you don't want to read it, I will summarize. He posts a picture of the numerous camera men who are kneeling taking pictures of the players standing during the National Anthem. Rogers wonders just how much flak these poor camera men must take from the media for kneeling during the National Anthem.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...m-protests-on-instagram/ar-AAsxI9L?li=BBnb7Kz

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The issue is not whether the conduct is Constitutional (it is) but if it is disrespectful or offensive conduct as perceived by those observing it. It falls in the same category as burning the Flag, not standing or participating in the Pledge of Allegiance.

Be it Colin Kapernick, a wholeTeam/Staff or the entire NFL taking a knee during the National Anthem: THEY ALL FAILED MISERABLY! The act(s) were intended to bring attention to specific issues, they have only brought attention to the act, the issues themselves gather no attention and are lost in the oblivious three ring circus of NFL, Media and Trump.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Here is a great article written by a former Green Beret

A former Green Beret laid out his reasoning for supporting Colin Kaepernick and other peaceful protestors in a Facebook post that has gone viral.

Michael Sand is a former Green Beret, and comes from a family of military servicemembers. As he wrote on Facebook, his father was a World War II veteran fighting fascism, he served in Vietnam fighting communism, and his son is currently serving in the Army fighting the Taliban and terrorism.

"Three vastly different enemies, but enemies who shared one common trait," Sand writes. "ALL of them stifle free speech. All of them bully, degrade and terrorize those who hold opposing views and who peacefully express them."

Sand's post came in response to NFL players protesting by kneeling during the national anthem, a controversy that flared up last weekend when President Donald Trump came out against the protests. He wrote that he has seen posts calling these athletes "unpatriotic" for their actions.

Writing that he speaks for himself, his father, and his son, Sand wrote that "it is PRECISELY for men like [Colin Kaepernick], and his right to peacefully protest injustice, that we were willing to serve."

Sand also suggested that Trump was "unpatriotic" in his sentiments.

Without using his name, Sand criticized Trump for deferring service due to "bone spurs," as well as his comments criticizing Sen. John McCain, who was held captive during the Vietnam War.

This is from the Business Insider and here is the link

http://www.businessinsider.com/army-veteran-nfl-players-kneeling-during-national-anthem-trump-2017-9

Garym

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'm with caveman, you can't have a honest discussion with people who refuse to see the facts in front of them. I'm done.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    The issue is not whether the conduct is Constitutional (it is) but if it is disrespectful or offensive conduct as perceived by those observing it. It falls in the same category as burning the Flag, not standing or participating in the Pledge of Allegiance.

Be it Colin Kapernick, a wholeTeam/Staff or the entire NFL taking a knee during the National Anthem: THEY ALL FAILED MISERABLY! The act(s) were intended to bring attention to specific issues, they have only brought attention to the act, the issues themselves gather no attention and are lost in the oblivious three ring circus of NFL, Media and Trump.

like it or not, you are a role model, and a well paid one, act the part in public anyway...you cant be half a role model, it is a fulltime gig

don't get me started on nfl crime stats.....

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Its quite amusing when people are so easily distracted by Trump's poop-tweets, while the real world just blows right by them.

Kushner didn't disclose personal email account to Senate intel committee

In his closed interview with the staff of the Senate intelligence committee, White House senior adviser and presidential son-in-law Jared Kushner did not share the existence of his personal email account, which he has used for official business.

Kushner has been criticized in the past for initially not disclosing more than 100 contacts with foreign leaders including those from Russia, as well as ownership of a multimillion dollar tech company with links to Goldman Sachs and businessmen Peter Thiel and George Soros.

Twitter finds hundreds of accounts tied to Russian operatives

Twitter said Thursday it had shut down 201 accounts that were tied to the same Russian operatives who posted thousands of political ads on Facebook, but the effort frustrated lawmakers who said the problem is far broader than the company appeared to know.

The company said it also found three accounts from the news site RT — which Twitter linked to the Kremlin — that spent $274,100 in ads on its platform in 2016.

Price’s private-jet travels included visits with colleagues, lunch with son

Health and Human Services Secretary Tom Price took a government-funded private jet in August to get to St. Simons Island, an exclusive Georgia resort where he and his wife own land, a day and a half before he addressed a group of local doctors at a medical conference that he and his wife have long attended.

The St. Simons Island trip was one of two taxpayer-funded flights on private jets in which Price traveled to places where he owns property, and paired official visits with meetings with longtime colleagues and family members. On June 6, HHS chartered a jet to fly Price to Nashville, Tennessee, where he owns a condominium and where his son resides. Price toured a medicine dispensary and spoke to a local health summit organized by a longtime friend. He also had lunch with his son, an HHS official confirmed.

Price took military jets to Europe, Asia for over $500K

The White House approved the use of military aircraft for multi-national trips by Health and Human Services Secretary Tom Price to Africa and Europe this spring, and to Asia in the summer, at a cost of more than $500,000 to taxpayers.

The overseas trips bring the total cost to taxpayers of Price’s travels to more than $1 million since May

Analysis: Tax plan would cost $2.4T, benefit wealthy most

The tax framework that President Trump and congressional Republicans rolled out this week would reduce federal revenues by $2.4 trillion in its first 10 years and provide the biggest tax cuts to the wealthiest Americans, according to an analysis released Friday by the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center (TPC). The plan would also cost $3.2 trillion in its second decade, the TPC said.

But the top 0.1% of income earners (those making above $3.43 million) would get a tax break of $722,510 on average, or 6.8 percentage points.

Zinke took $12,000 charter flight home in oil executive’s plane, documents show

Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke chartered a flight from Las Vegas to near his home in Montana this summer aboard a plane owned by oil-and-gas executives, internal documents show.

The flight, along with private flights during a trip to the Virgin Islands, could propel Zinke into the growing debate over the costs of travel by Cabinet secretaries, some of whom have chosen expensive charter jets and military planes at high expense to taxpayers over the cheaper option of flying commercial.

The flight cost taxpayers $12,375, according to an Interior Department spokeswoman.

Commercial airlines run daily flights between the two airports and charge as little as $300.

DOJ demands Facebook information from 'anti-administration activists

Trump administration lawyers are demanding the private account information of potentially thousands of Facebook users in three separate search warrants served on the social media giant, according to court documents obtained by CNN.

Facebook was initially served the warrants in February 2017 along with a gag order which barred the social media company from alerting the three users that the government was seeking their private information, Michelman said. However, Michelman says that government attorneys dropped the gag order in mid-September and agreed that Facebook could expose the existence of these warrants, which has prompted the latest court filings. Michelman, however, says all court filings associated with the search warrant, and any response from Facebook, remain under seal.

‘This is not a good-news story. This is a people-are-dying story.’"

The mayor of San Juan, Puerto Rico, lashed out at acting Secretary of Homeland Security Elaine Duke's comment that the Hurricane Maria relief efforts are a "good-news story," saying, that in reality, it's a "people-are-dying story."

“Well, maybe from where she's standing, it's a good-news story. When you’re drinking from a creek, it's not a good-news story. When you don't have food for a baby, it's not a good-news story,”

Last edited:

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    sorry, not doing this anymore tonight, hit my limit, shortly one of us will feel like this, or both of us....so I end here ..

It was an easy answer. Constitutional rights exist. They are not exercised at anyone else's discretion.

Top Bottom