• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Going to pick up a new dehumidifier for the reloading room right now. I keep one in there, and typically they die just after the 1 year maker's warrantee runs out. The last one I paid $24 more for another year's worth of warrantee from Lowes. Sure enough, it died 13 months after purchased. Lowes refunded my purchase price + sales tax. This new one is coming from Walmart + a 3 year extended warrantee for $19 more plus Walmart pays for shipping the dead unit for repair if needed. Lowes doesn't pay shipping, but the nice lady on the phone said just throw the old one away with no need to return it.

Yesterday I dropped off my SIG MCX rifle at FedEx for return to SIG for their recall/upgrade on the MCX's (SIG pays all shipping).

capt.joe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Bought an AK to AR folding adapter for my extar pistol, and thanks to jwlineman caught the shockwave blade pistol brace on sale at primary arms. Modified the adapter this morning. Had to mill off the male threads so the adapter will fit flush to the receiver. Gotta love youtube, thats where I got the idea. Waiting on next paycheck for a shockwave tube

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Picked up my Savage 10 FCP SR in 6.5 creed moor. Waiting for the rings to come in tomorrow for the Vortex Viper 6.5-20X50 I got for it. Awesome glass for what I paid. Bunch of different weights of 6.5 ammo coming in tomorrow also to see what it likes best. Range report will be up Sunday!!!! Along with pics....

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Where do you get AR Water pumps.....those long handles would give a lot better grip and more torque.
    Ed

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    This is what I use. I found several sets of these quite a few years ago. They are basically drill sets that were not turned into drills. Each has a number on it plus a size (in .xxx").
    They are made by Huot in St. Paul,MN. The sets have sizes from 1-60 in them. These are super hard. They will snap but will not bend. --- SAWMAN

Attachments

• 20170127_062821.jpg
      20170127_062821.jpg
      687 KB · Views: 258

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    This is what I use. I found several sets of these quite a few years ago. They are basically drill sets that were not turned into drills. Each has a number on it plus a size (in .xxx").
    They are made by Huot in St. Paul,MN. The sets have sizes from 1-60 in them. These are super hard. They will snap but will not bend. --- SAWMAN
    I was kinda suprised it bent so easily. I was using my small brass/poly hammer. You get what you pay for though. It was a Wheeler set of punches.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    You know . . you'd think that especially for working on guns,the industry would produce more tools (gadgets) that would gently push/insert/extract pins vs having to whack/beat on something. Kinda like made for the rear sight of pistols,especially Glocks.
    I understand that the tool would be more costly than a hammer and nail . . but shit . . to me,for some applications, it would be worth it. --- SAWMAN

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I was kinda suprised it bent so easily. I was using my small brass/poly hammer. You get what you pay for though. It was a Wheeler set of punches.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I had one of the exact same Wheeler sets and all of the small black punches ended up looking the same as yours. That's when I decided it was time to upgrade to the set I linked above.

FWIW, I still use some of the large brass punches. They work pretty well for select applications.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    It's been at the manufacturer for a little over a week now. I'm going to give him another week or two before I start asking about it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The manufacturer has had my cracked open gun for 3 weeks now, so I sent him an email this morning just checking to see if he could give me any updates or an estimated timeline. He just replied and said the new slide has been fitted and it is going out for coating with the next batch.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom