• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    My COC hand gripper and expansion bands will be here today, so I'm going to start working on my hand strength tomorrow. I also just ordered some 115gr JHP's to try, since I liked the tests loads with blue bullets. If I like those bullets, I'm going to try to get some sort of sponsorship going with the manufacturer.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    My COC hand gripper and expansion bands will be here today, so I'm going to start working on my hand strength tomorrow. I also just ordered some 115gr JHP's to try, since I liked the tests loads with blue bullets. If I like those bullets, I'm going to try to get some sort of sponsorship going with the manufacturer.
    It's about time you start getting paid for all that work you put in. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    You should be able to aquire plenty of snacks and some new "go-fast" shies with plenty of extra money. ;)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    It's about time you start getting paid for all that work you put in. Good luck.

Thanks. Now that I have one legit sponsor, I'm hoping it'll be easier to pick up a few more. I've had some good conversations with this manufacturer in the past and he makes some other products that I really like. This will be the first time I've tried his bullets, but they come highly recommended.

You should be able to aquire plenty of snacks and some new "go-fast" shies with plenty of extra money. ;)

Yep. I was really hoping for a bullet manufacturer to be on that discount list, but it looks like I'm going to have to get that on my own.

Gas Port

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I ordered some 9mm bullets from Natchez Shooters Supply today. They had cast 100gr for .05 cents and Berry's plated 115gr for .07 cents. I went to load some rounds and all I had was .38 special and 45acp. Guess I lost count of what I was using. Broke down and ordered a RCBS 1500 scale. Natchez had them on sale for $100 off.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Went to ERGC this morning with my buddy from CTC. He has a couple highly modified glocks which were fun to shoot the plate rack with. Also ran his 7.5" AR pistol with a Lantac dragon brake...insanely loud is putting it modest.
    462325a3ca6f7b84e1fed214d60f69c5.jpg

The pic shows the powder blast from some cheap reloads he was using up.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You got it!
    The way I see it:
    Softer than 45, more reliable than 9mm, and more powerful than both. Win-win.

Yep, back in the day up the the 60s it was their "10mm" of the modern day. In the 50s Colt marketed it pretty heavy as a medium to large game hunting pistol.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    And much like 10mm, it HAS to be loaded properly to get the full effect. The stuff on the shelves is pretty mild. I also don't know if it has anything to do with the 1911s predecessors being designed for 38, but I don't feel that ramp climb that 45 does when chambering. It's butter smooth, even for a WC.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Let us know how you like that Burris. It sounds amazing.

Will do, I'm going to try to get it zeroed Sunday and then run it for the next couple of classes at work. I've been running a lightweight build with a Bushnell 1-6.5 for a while and really like it and this is similar. Things I already like are the ability to run either covered or exposed turrets which are supplied as well as a zero stop.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Given price and features, it sounds like it'll be the scope to have for a reasonably priced Multigun setup.

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Took the grandsons to shoot the AR's and even with ear plugs and ear muffs my youngest one said they were to loud. His older brother didn't want to quit shooting after blowing thru his 90 rounds and next trip I will take more 5.56 and a brick or 2 of 22lr for my youngest shoot out of his 22 rifle and my pistol.

Top Bottom