• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Rocksette (spelling?) withstands high heat, but is water soluble. No, I do not have a heat gun. SIG apparently used too much Rocksette on my MPX bbl screws, so SIG replaced its upper at no charge since I couldn't remove the bbl screws to remove the bbl in order to clean the gas piston.

We even had an AR action rod that connects to the bbl extension lugs so as to not hurt the receiver itself. May have to send the bbls to SIG to have them remove the flash hider, as others have had to do. Yes, we were turning it in the right direction (1/2x28 right hand thread).

Update: Got the flash hider off the 11.5" MCX bbl; wouldn't budge on the 16" bbl, but that's acceptable, as the shorter bbl is what I wanted to suppress. Held bbl in vise, had action rod attached to bbl extension, hit other wrench on the flash hider flat, and the flash hider finally came loose. No evidence of locktite or rocksette.

Suppressor looked centered. 2 shots suppressed had no bullet tilting seen on target. Not sure what configuration this will end up as, but I'm having fun with the experimenting. My "very special" something from SIG is in tracking and due to arrive Friday. Will post pics when all is together.

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I understand that Rocsette is used because of it's resistance to heat as with surpressor usage.
    BUT . . . I was told a couple years ago that if it is heated beyond ?? degrees,then torque is applied,it will shatter and the device will unscrew.
    Please don't take this as the "gospel". I cannot remember from who or from where I heard this. ---- SAWMAN

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Fired the SIG MCX 11.5" 5.56 bbl suppressed with gas set to "normal" (2 shots in the yard). No problems.

Put the MCX upper on the M16 lower. Loaded a primed only case...it would not fire. The MCX current firing pin safety/lock (Geissele version) would not function with the GI M16 hammer since the M16 hammer is not the right profile to move the firing pin lock out of the way of allowing the firing pin to be hit. Put the MCX upper on a SBR lower with a Geissele SSA trigger/hammer and a primed only case...fired just fine. Will have to ponder a M16 solution. I have a couple of ideas. 1) Remove firing pin lock. 2) B52 may still have a Geissele M16 trigger group I can try.

Goal: Fire MCX upper full auto with M16 lower.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Went to Jimmy's for the event/sale...OK $50 night sights installed on a Glock 26 I had recently purchased as a spare, Talked to the Glock Guy and entered the drawing...On the way home $2.32 for gas...WIN WIN WIN

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Well, I sorta got my SIG MCX upper to AR lower adaptor, but it's missing the threaded part that screws into the rear of the AR lower, so there is nothing to attach it to the AR lower. Message sent to SIG showing what I got and pics of what I should have been sent. It's not in full production yet...I was sent a piece used for demonstrations, but the person sending it either didn't know what the complete assembly consists of or forgot to send the threaded part. Top pic is what I was sent. Bottom pic shows the missing threaded part.

DSCN3324.JPG

11084689_1564735160445208_1382324050_n.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN3324.JPG
      DSCN3324.JPG
      42.3 KB · Views: 198
    • 11084689_1564735160445208_1382324050_n.jpg
      11084689_1564735160445208_1382324050_n.jpg
      62.5 KB · Views: 344

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Got back to the dark side with a gray 43 and put some Wilson Combat Vickers Elite sights on it. My first sight install. Too easy!
    7a4b7e9026120d5d4f85628b70813619.jpg

Last edited:

Gas Port

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Me and Dan1612 are keeping Bill Wilson in business. Ordered all Wilson parts to install in my latest Frankin 1911 build. Hope to have it finished in a few weeks.

I ordered everything but the main spring housing. Trying to decide to get a flat or round, checkered or plain. Anybody have any recommendations?

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Got back to the dark side with a gray 43 and put some Wilson Combat Vickers Elite sights on it. My first sight install. Too easy!
    7a4b7e9026120d5d4f85628b70813619.jpg
    Please call me first when you go to sell it... it'll go great with my 19...

52a994639fa0dd31690fec8001dec148.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Misfeed

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aesthetically I like flat mainspring housings and Ive used them more often than not when replacing SA ILS housings. Arched mainsprings seem to seat better in my hands during fast pairs and once again my sample of one observation is that it somewhat mimics the hump on a glock 34 so its not a huge departure in pointing between the two. I use checkered housings if the front strap is checkered or smooth if Im going to have the front strap stippled. Huge fan of Smith and Alexander magwell mainspring housings. They are just about the only cats making a one piece well you dont need to take out a morgage to buy. It can be "fun?" to fit one up. My nickels worth.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    ..........Trying to decide to get a flat or round, checkered or plain. Anybody have any recommendations?

I've shot both styles: Round fits the contour of my hands better applying more uniform grip pressure, as such it can do what the checkering would do on a flat main spring housing. However, I do like front and back checkering, just not overly aggressive meat grinders. On a 10mm build I would definitely use a checkered one. If the 1911 will be used for CC, the checkering will increase the probability of not allowing clothing to naturally flow over it as you move.

Good luck with the build.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I run flat checkered S&A magwells on all my 1911s except the Wilsons that have flat checkered Wilson ones installed. I never cared for arched ones, but they are kind of a personal preference like boxers or briefs.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well, I sorta got my SIG MCX upper to AR lower adaptor, but it's missing the threaded part that screws into the rear of the AR lower, so there is nothing to attach it to the AR lower. Message sent to SIG showing what I got and pics of what I should have been sent. It's not in full production yet...I was sent a piece used for demonstrations, but the person sending it either didn't know what the complete assembly consists of or forgot to send the threaded part. Top pic is what I was sent. Bottom pic shows the missing threaded part.

View attachment 57515

attachment.php

I've been waiting for those to show up on the website so I can convert one of my SBR lowers.

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    S&A makes a fantastic one piece msh/magwell, the color on the blued one is a little funky though. Somewhat of a dark brown color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    At Jimmy's yesterday I got to fondle the new Gen 5 Glocks, like the new finish. Funny to me the 17 fit my hand better than did the 19, may have to get one! The Glock guy was great and loved to talk, of course the Jimmy's staff as always was top notch and also as always installed my night sights free on the spare 26 I have. I may have to trade that for another caliber Glock

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Unless I am greatly mistaken . . . where your hand normally goes on both the 17 and 19 are exactly the same.
    They are on my 31 and 32. --- SAWMAN

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    19 Gen 5 magwell flare feels uncomfortable on the pinky. More so than the finger Grover ever were.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom