• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

HughJoergan

Wiener Connoisseur
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The Bay Area is absolutely nuts. We lived there in the early 2000's. At the time the poverty level there was 80k. SF was worse. Moving from there was one of the biggest joys I can remember.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    liberal or leftist.. couldn't have said this better....

https://www.conservativereview.com/...he-difference-between-a-liberal-and-a-leftist

Disgusted? Sure. That gag reflex you feel is a good and healthy response. But you must also acknowledge that leftists are doing you a favor when they cast aside their disguises and simply allow themselves to be seen in the full light of day. You know, like when they refuse to stand in the well of the House of Representatives when a war widow is being recognized during a presidential speech.

Much has already been written and said about this already, but my take concerns how such a stand reflects upon progressivism’s totalitarian and pathological commitment to see their agenda through to the bitter end. And rest assured, since progressives are really history’s losers — dare I say, they’re really regressives — pushing policies and values that always fail the people they’re supposed to help the most, the end will most definitely be bitter. This is where an important distinction between being liberal and being a leftist comes into play. A liberal will disagree with you, and quite often that disagreement will even be heated or go overboard.

But what remains possible in the mind of a genuine liberal, no matter whether they are on the winning or losing side of an argument, is the possibility or requirement to coexist on some level with their countrymen. While they may be at war with the ideas of the person they are debating, they are not fundamentally at war with the person themselves.

Not so with leftists. The level of imposition that those fiends are willing to cast upon your life and livelihood is well established by now. Yet, I think many of us who consider ourselves right-of-center continue to believe that something resembling a cultural compromise with modern-day progressivism is still possible. It is not.

Open war is upon you, whether you like it or not. Accommodation is a two-way street in any culture, and if the other party won’t accommodate you it doesn’t matter whether or not you’ll accommodate them — because you don’t matter to them anyway.

Liberals we contend with, but leftists we must defeat. Know thy enemy: The liberal seeks to mold civilized society in ways we oppose. Mainly because they have a different definition of compassion, or have a different view of the role government should play in our lives. The leftist seeks to dismantle civilized society altogether.

The liberal believes in things we think are unconstitutional. The leftist pursues an agenda that is anti-constitutional. They’re not simply perverting the general welfare clause, but attacking the very integrity of the Constitution itself. The liberal will contend for your free speech, even if they think you’re an unevolved troglodyte. The leftist believes you forfeit your free speech entirely if you dare disagree.

The liberal believes those who disagree with him or her simply need to be educated or exposed to diverse cultures and ideas. The leftist believes those who disagree are automatically racist/misogynist/homophobic bigots. The liberal believes government is the primary tool to carry out his or her ideology. The leftist believes government is the primary weapon to punish those who oppose his or her ideology. Unfortunately, liberals as we used to know them are a dying breed these days. Just look at the way leftists chose to show no class whatsoever in attacking dyed-in-the-wool liberal Alan Colmes after his death. \

All because Colmes used a conservative-leaning platform to spread his gospel. I’m old enough to remember when liberals tried to co-opt our platforms as their own, as Colmes did for years on Fox. Now leftists just want to crush them. Colmes’ sin here was defying leftist perpetual rage by daring to treat those he disagrees with as co-workers, let alone human beings. Or like a segment on CNN Wednesday, which featured the Left’s response to the network’s progressive commentator Van Jones. That’s right — the Left’s response to the Left. All because Van Jones dared to dabble in intellectual honesty by saying Donald Trump gave an effective speech to the nation Tuesday night.

These are windows to the soul-less. For if this is how the leftists treat their own like Colmes and Jones when they think for themselves, what hope is there for the rest of us with contrarian views in the coming progressive dystopia? The answer is none — which is why you must defeat them before they end you.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I "hung out" in the bay area (San Mateo,Palo Alto,Sunnyvale)in the late 70's between trips overseas. Great place to live back then. It was fairly cheap and everybody had plenty of money.
    Had all the time off and money I could use. Trips to Tahoe to gamble and to Reno for the air races several times a month almost got me killed and married.
    Everything changed at the south end of the bay about the time that I got orders (early 1979). --- SAWMAN

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    There are two families: "Joe Legal" and "Jose Illegal". Both families have two parents, two children, and live in California ..

Joe Legal works in construction, has a Social Security Number and makes $25.00 per hour with taxes deducted.

Jose Illegal also works in construction, has NO Social Security Number, and gets paid $15.00 cash "under the table".

Ready? Now pay attention....

Joe Legal: $25.00 per hour x 40 hours = $1000.00 per week, or $52,000.00 per year. Now take 30% away for state and federal tax;Joe Legal now has $31,231.00.

Jose Illegal: $15.00 per hour x 40 hours = $600.00 per week, or $31,200.0 0 per year.Jose Illegal pays no taxes. Jose Illegal now has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays medical and dental insurance with limited coverage for his family at $600.00 per month, or $7,200.00 per year. Joe Legal now has $24,031.00.

Jose Illegal has full medical and dental coverage through the state and local clinics and emergency hospitals at a cost of $0.00 per year... Jose Illegal still has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal makes too much money and is not eligible for food stamps or welfare.
    Joe Legal pays $500.00 per month for food, or $6,000.00 per year. Joe Legal now has $18,031.00.

Jose Illegal has no documented income and is eligible for food stamps, WIC and welfare.Jose Illegal still has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays rent of $1,200.00 per month, or $14,400.00 per year. Joe Legal now has 9,631 .00.

Jose Illegal receives a $500.00 per month Federal Rent Subsidy. Jose Illegal pays out that $500.00 per month, or $6,000.00 per year.Jose Illegal still has $ 31,200.00.

Joe Legal pays $200.00 per month, or $2,400.00 for car insurance. Some of that is uninsured motorist insurance. Joe Legal now has $7,231.00.

Jose Illegal says, "We don't need no stinkin' insurance!" and still has $31,200.00.

Joe Legal has to make his $7,231.00 stretch to pay utilities, gasoline, etc..

Jose Illegal has to make his $31,200.00 stretch to pay utilities, gasoline, and what he sends out of the country every month..

Joe Legal now works overtime on Saturdays or gets a part time job after work.

Jose Illegal has nights and weekends off to enjoy with his family.

Joe Legal's and Jose Illegal's children both attend the same elementary school.
    Joe Legal pays for his children's lunches, while Jose Illegal's children get a government sponsored lunch.
    Jose Illegal's children have an after school ESL program. Joe Legal's children go home.

Now, when they reach college age, Joe Legal's kids may not get into a State School and may not qualify for scholarships, grants or other tuition help, even though Joe has been paying for State Schools through his taxes, while Jose Illegal's kids "go to the head of the class" because they are a minority.

Joe Legal and Jose Illegal both enjoy the same police and fire services, but Joe paid for them and Jose did not pay.
    Do you get it, now?

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Rachel Dolezal said she has been unable to find steady work in the nearly two years since her background became public in media reports, and she is uncertain about her future."I was presented as a con and a fraud and a liar," Dolezal told The Associated Press this week. "I think some of the treatment was pretty cruel."
    Now 40, she still identifies as black, despite being "Caucasian biologically," she said. And she still has the darkened complexion and frizzy hair that allowed her for years to pass as a light-skinned black woman.
    "People didn't seem able to consider that maybe both were true," she said. "OK, I was born to white parents, but maybe I had an authentic black identity."
    Dolezal had blond hair and freckles while growing up near Troy, Montana, with religious parents. She said she began to change her perspective as a teenager, after her parents adopted four black children. Dolezal decided to become publicly black years later, after a divorce.
    The ruse worked for years until 2015, when her parents, with whom she has long feuded, told local reporters their daughter was born white but was presenting herself as a black activist in the Spokane region, an area with few minorities.
    The story became an international sensation, and Dolezal lost the various jobs by which she pieced together a modest living.
    Attacked by both blacks and whites, she was fired as head of the Spokane chapter of the NAACP and was kicked off a police ombudsman commission. She also lost her job teaching African studies at Eastern Washington University in nearby Cheney.
    Despite failing to find a job, Dolezal said, she must stay in the area because of a custody agreement involving one of her sons.
    She has sold some of her artwork and braids hair to earn money. But she said local colleges have refused to hire her, as have nonprofits, government agencies and even grocery stores.
    She was worried she might become homeless in March, but friends bought some of her artwork, which provided enough money to pay the rent for a few months.
    Dolezal has written a book about her ordeal titled "In Full Color." It's scheduled to be published next week.
    Last year, Dolezal legally changed her name to Nkechi Amare Diallo, a West African moniker that means "gift from the gods." She made the change in part to give herself a better chance of landing work from employers who might not be interested in hiring Rachel Dolezal, a name she still intends to use as her public persona.
    "Maybe if I applied with a new name, people would see me for the qualifications and expertise on my resume, and not toss my application in the trash based on my name," she said.
    The local chapter of the NAACP declined to comment on Dolezal.
    "We moved on long ago," the organization said in an email.
    But James Wilburn, a black community leader and former head of the NAACP in Spokane, said Dolezal's presentation of herself as black was troubling.
    "Just come out and tell the truth. She struggles with that," Wilburn said.
    Dolezal is the biological mother of two sons, ages 15 and 1, and also gained legal custody of a stepbrother, who is now 21 and a college student.
    One of the reasons she wrote a book was to "settle the score."
    "People might as well know the whole truth of my life story,'" she said. "My life is not a sound bite."
    Race, she said, is a "social construct" used to pigeonhole people.
    "I unapologetically stand on the black side," she said. "Blackness better defines who I am philosophically and socially than whiteness does."
    It is hard for her to look toward the future, she said, when she is struggling to survive the present.
    "I want to provide for my kids," she said. "I want to get back to activism. I'm no less committed to that work."

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    My take on it. Da bitch lied about being black so she could get ahead in life. She gladly took what was eagerly handed a "black" woman. Including free schooling.
    Finally her parents had enough. They were sick of her shit so they went ahead and opened the can of worms. She got caught not being "black". So she suddenly had to make her way in life as a white woman. Quickly realized it wasn't as easy as being "black". Got pissed off an is now whineing about it.
    "Black" or white,she's still a POS. --- SAWMAN

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Didja hear - - -> Chelsea Clinton gets a lifetime achivement award. AT AGE 37 . . . . HUH ??? --- SAWMAN

yeah, you know, for all the stuff she has done....

curing AIDS, creating world peace, dropping the world temp by 5 degrees so we wont roast...you know, that stuff

er, wait, never mind, that stuff never happened, sorry, I was reading from hitlerys page of accomplishment...

give her a break, her momma came under sniper fire, she probably has PSTD by proxy

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Conservative firebrand Ann Coulter was forced to pull out of a planned speech at UC Berkeley last week when campus security said they could not guarantee her safety.
    Coulter’s speech was the subject of much controversy in recent weeks in the light of the leftist riots that shut down another UC Berkeley speaker – Milo Yiannopoulos, formerly of Breitbart News. The university drew scorn from conservatives when they said Coulter could not speak on campus due to security concerns. After a wave of public pressure, they went back on that stance and re-invited Coulter to speak.
    However, when local law enforcement officials warned that there was a “99% chance” of a violent outbreak on the campus if Coulter went forward with her speech, her financial backers – The Young America’s Foundation – pulled their support and left the conservative dangling in the wind by herself.

http://unfilteredpatriot.com/liberals-rewarded-once-again-for-their-violent-threats/

Every time this happens, these violent liberals are emboldened. Make no mistake, we’re headed for real trouble.

Last edited:

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The threats of violence is pure intimidation and extortion to stop conservative free speech. The Young Americans pulled their support and surrendered. Disgraceful.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    barely covered by media...

Below is a transcript of Mark Levin’s remarks from his show Thursday:

“You wanna hear the biggest news today, the very biggest news today? The Texas House just passed Article V Convention of States resolution. The Senate already passed it. So, Texas is state number 11, state number 11 out of 34 needed.
    “I am telling you, as we get closer to 20, this will be the biggest issue in front of you. The left will go crazy. They’ve already started. Their organizations are getting ramped up.

bohica793

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    An Article V Convention is the process whereby states, not the Congress, can propose and submit amendments to the U S Constitution for ratification by the states. The hot topics appear to be term limits and a balanced budget amendment.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Kim Jung Un had NO military experience whatsoever before Daddy made him a four-star general.
    This snot-nosed twerp had never accomplished anything in his life that would even come close to military leadership.
    He hadn't even so much as led a Cub Scout troop, coached a sports team, or commanded a military platoon.
    So he is made the "Beloved Leader" Of North Korea.

Terrific!

Oh nuts! I'm sorry...

I just remembered that we did the same thing.

We took an arrogant phony community organizer, who had never worn a uniform, never ran so much as an ice-cream stand, and made him Commander-in-Chief.
    A guy, who had never had a real job, worked on a budget, or led anything more than an ACORN demonstration, and we made him "Beloved Leader" of the United States - Twice!
    So if you think North Koreans are stupid...

I'm sorry I brought this up....never mind!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom