• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks Ed. Yeah, that's how I was going to do it if I end up hard wiring the system. I would rather stay wireless if possible. I'm going to call someone I know today that works at Brighthouse and see if he can come out. I'm wondering if moving the main router to the back of the house (office is in front) might give a cleaner, straighter shot to the shop building.

What puzzles me is that I used to have no issues with wifi in the shop. Then, they changed everything and now it's sporadic. I've looked at obstacles in line, the building construction of course hasn't changed and according to my wifi signal strength app the house is well covered. But, it just drops off in the shop. I put my TV on the wall closest to the house and when I'm running music off my pad I put it right in line with the downstairs router. It's frustrating.

The last time I had problems with Cox I started looking around only to find that they had changed the cable modem to a different series that was not compatable with the software now used by Cox transmissions, without notice. So I took the old one to Best Buy, they just look at and laughed and pointed to a new $29 model. I bought a more expensive model at $59 but it sure was not $225 like Cox charges. But if you have a modem that works get an Apple Air multi channel wifi. It is almost impossible to setup, just put your iPad or iPhone on top, wait for the green light.....Done. :)
    Ed

Last edited:

DSPLCD1

45 GAP
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm trying to help Josh our 23 year old find a house and all the places he has picked so far don't seem to suit me very well. Only one place I liked and they got another offer before his, and I feel he I don't like it he really wont.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton are in a bar. Donald leans over, and with a smile on his face, says,

Donald Trump: "The media are really tearing you apart for That Scandal."

Hillary: "You mean my lying about Benghazi?"
    Trump: "No, the other one."

Hillary: "You mean the massive voter fraud?"

Hillary: "You mean the military not getting their votes counted?"

Hillary: "Using my secret private server with classified material to Hide my Activities?"

Hillary: "The NSA monitoring our phone calls, emails and everything Else?"

Hillary: "Using the Clinton Foundation as a cover for tax evasion, hiring cronies, and taking bribes from foreign countries?

Hillary: "You mean the drones being operated in our own country without The Benefit of the law?"

Hillary: "Giving 123 Technologies $300 Million, and right afterward it Declared Bankruptcy and was sold to the Chinese?"

Hillary: "You mean arming the Muslim Brotherhood and hiring them in the White House?"

Hillary: "Whitewater, Watergate committee, Vince Foster, commodity Deals?"
    Trump: "No the other one:"

Hillary: "The IRS targeting conservatives?"

Hillary: "Turning Libya into chaos?"

Hillary: "Trashing Mubarak, one of our few Muslim friends?"

Hillary: "Turning our backs on Israel?"

Hillary: "The joke Iran Nuke deal? "

Hillary: "Leaving Iraq in chaos? "

Hillary: "The DOJ spying on the press?"

Hillary: "You mean HHS Secretary Sibelius shaking down health insurance Executives?"

Hillary: "Giving our cronies in SOLYNDRA $500 MILLION DOLLARS and 3 Months Later they declared bankruptcy and then the Chinese bought it?"

Hillary: "The NSA monitoring citizens' ?"

Hillary: "The State Department interfering with an Inspector General Investigation on departmental sexual misconduct?"

Hillary: "Me, The IRS, Clapper and Holder all lying to Congress?"

Hillary: "Threats to all of Bill's former mistresses to keep them quiet"

Hillary: "You means taking the $145,000,000.00 from Putin for the Uranium Bribe ? "
    Trump : " No the other one ."

Hillary: "I give up! ... Oh wait, I think I've got it! When I stole the White House furniture, silverware and China when Bill left Office?"

Trump: "THAT'S IT! I almost forgot about that one".

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Tell the truth, tell the truth...... What is she doing walking free much less running for office.
    Ed

Snow Bird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I hear the guys from NAS Dog Fighting all the time around Magnolia Springs but they are always someplace I can't see them for the trees around here. Today I could see them and those guys or girls have got some MOVES. Went on for about 5 min. and not level flight the whole time. Had my own air show and it was just overcast enough that you could see everything.

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Gentlemen make your outdoor plans for the weekend, highs are forecast to be in the mid to low 80's with Sunny skies and humidity levels in the 45-55% range, we don't see humidity that low this time of year too often, we better enjoy it while we can!

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Quiet bunch today! So what's everyone's weekend plans with the great weather? I'll be heading out with some friends to Crab Island tomorrow, high tide is at 5:10 pm so we should have good, clean, beautiful water on the incoming tide from the Gulf all day long!

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Weekend plans? Gonna give my dog a bath for starters. Just in case, my blood type is O+.

I have officially begun work on the new runway. Three days and I'm about halfway down the length. Don't know what final length is going to be but next week Sawman is gonna bring out his fancy-shmancy range finder to measure it. I was hoping for a little rain, I have to stop and clean air filters about twice a day on equipment plus I'm burning through dust masks.

Attachments

• IMG_20160511_162749964.jpg
      IMG_20160511_162749964.jpg
      795 KB · Views: 105

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Time for mowing many acres of grass has rolled around at the farm........ Sometimes I think I need some :flock: However they are a bigger pain in the butt than the tractor and bush-hog.
    Ed

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Yeah we definitely need some rain, been dry for a while now and sunny with temps in the 80's, dries us out quick. Looks like starting Tuesday rain chances go to 60% through next weekend so maybe we'll all get some needed rain.

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A question for you Navy guys:
    I suspect that you saw that the Commander of the patrol boat group has now been relieved of command and that his superiors are under investigation with more heads expected to hit the deck. What is your take on that outcome so far?
    Ed

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Time for mowing many acres of grass has rolled around at the farm........ Sometimes I think I need some :flock: However they are a bigger pain in the butt than the tractor and bush-hog.
    Ed

Yep. I mowed around 50 acres weekly before my boss sold the airport. Once I get this runway done and the rest of the property back up I'll be doing about 30 including rentals. I do most of it with an 11' triple deck wing mower and the rest with a 72"zero turn. That's about 80 grease fittings a week by themselves, not including blade changes (12), oil changes, etc. I spent a solid 8 hours a week just on upkeep.

On the runway I'm pulling out all pine trees, yaupon and oaks over about an inch in trunk diameter so lots of backfilling. Then the grading starts, followed by seeding.

Rapier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Reminds me, the last time I asked at the co-op, the price of Tifton #9 was almost $250 a bag. Holy crab apples. My luck with Pensacola Bahia has been for ship. Good luck on you grass planting.
    Ed

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've had OK luck with bahia seed. Don't know what will happen here. We aren't going to irrigate. There's a lot of grass growing here already and I'm trying to not disturb it more than I have to. It was a runway before but that's been about 17 years.

I've got a good JD row seeder, may check on a hydro-seeder too.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A question for you Navy guys:
    I suspect that you saw that the Commander of the patrol boat group has now been relieved of command and that his superiors are under investigation with more heads expected to hit the deck. What is your take on that outcome so far?
    Ed

Unlike politicians the Military always holds someone accountable and they do not even have to have direct involvement. The Commander could has approved the mission or just read the route in routine secure message traffic. Even though bamalama does not care "how things look", the Military senior brass does. Bamalama might not have liked the timing on this one being right after he wonderful Iran nuke deal and he does enjoy firing his best officers. It could be the Commander fell on his sword or the brass want a scape goat and put it in his back. Brass seldom say you made the Navy look bad, they say lack of leadership, supervision and training, and the career killer: lack of confidence in a leadership abilities, position/command. The bottom line is well known: You, as a Leader; are ultimately responsible for the actions of your subordinates. It is an acceptable risk of the privledge of Command.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom