• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Was rushed when we picked up the wife's car from the body shop but noticed they had scratched the window tinting in 2 places and it has to be replaced plus 2 small scratches one on the rear and one on the passengers side all while we were at the shop. Once we got home and had picked up the grandsons from school the wife found one major issue, rust or what looks like rust under the paint on her new door at the edge of the door seal on the top side where it's painted black. She was one P.O.ed woman when she found that crap. Then there's a small burn mark in the plastic console beside the shifter. They matched the silver paint and all the body work looks great but this was a one owner car that had been garage kept and we had only had it 2 months before she got hit so she's mad as all get out about it.
    Edit: Never been smoked in either.

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I know but not taking the time to clean rust or whatever is bubbled up under the paint galls me more than anything else. Frank they had the car for 5 weeks because they were "Need a Big Grain of Salt" putting it back in show condition. It's been wrecked so it will never be a show car but something that easy to spot if it had been on the bottom side of the door I still wouldn't of been happy but to have it right under your eyes when you open the door, damn.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Was rushed when we picked up the wife's car from the body shop but noticed they had scratched the window tinting in 2 places and it has to be replaced plus 2 small scratches one on the rear and one on the passengers side all while we were at the shop. Once we got home and had picked up the grandsons from school the wife found one major issue, rust or what looks like rust under the paint on her new door at the edge of the door seal on the top side where it's painted black. She was one P.O.ed woman when she found that crap. Then there's a small burn mark in the plastic console beside the shifter. They matched the silver paint and all the body work looks great but this was a one owner car that had been garage kept and we had only had it 2 months before she got hit so she's mad as all get out about it.
    Edit: Never been smoked in either.

Was this at your Buddy's Shop (Post 6111)?

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Well they say BOAT = Borrow Another Thousand

I'll be leaving work shortly to get to work on fixing this, replacing both axles at same time, probably about $600 in parts once all is said and done!

Attachments

• Broken Boat Axle.jpg
      Broken Boat Axle.jpg
      98.5 KB · Views: 133

Viking1204

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'm replacing both axles Frank, having the guys up the road build them. It all adds up when you're buying 2 axles, 4 hubs, 4 leaf springs and 8 new bolts to replace the rusted ones currently holding the leaf springs on. When I'm done it will be almost like a new trailer despite being almost 10 years old!

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I don't understand why you don't put the guns up for sale here. Give these guys a crack at them first. Come up with a bottom dollar price and then drop that by 15-20% because that is what you will most likely pay in consignment fees.

If the guns do not sell in your time frame ...... then ...... plan "B". --- SAWMAN

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Break Out Another Thousand is so true. Two happiest days of a boat owners life is the day you buy it and the day you sell it.

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I asked the few people I know who have had work done locally and Precision Auto Body had the best reputation and this morning she went back and what looked like rust under the paint the manager said was where it had been taped off and someone didn't get all the tape up. They will fix it and after going through all the pictures she took the morning before the car went in the burn mark was there so I'm thinking my buddy's son must of snagged the keys and was showing it to his friends while it was being stored in their shop. His dad and I are going to crawl his butt over that one tonight as he's 20 and knows better and can pay for a new insert for the console. It's like Frank said "they are never right after a fix like that, unfortunately". All in all the body work is good and the paint matching is excellent as I can't tell it's been wrecked and painted, it just the nit-picky stuff that drives my wife crazy. I grew up down the road from someone who was a bondo pro he never cut out the bad just covered it up and sent them to auction, he bought wrecks and fixed them on the cheap and sold them at auction for a living. So I know about the ones who don't care and just make it look good long enough to sell.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    An Israeli man has applied to the country’s courts for a restraining order against God.
    In a report by Walla News, the unnamed man is said to have petitioned Haifa Magistrates’ Court, claiming the deity has been particularly unkind to him.
    According to Israeli site NRG, the man told the judge: “For the past three years he started to treat me harshly and not nicely.”
    572caa882200003600255c83.jpeg

Danita Delimont via Getty Images
    Did the Almighty attend court? Or was he merely exercising the right to remain silent? He acknowledged police had attended his home in the northern port city of Haifa ten times, but claimed the unjust treatment – the details of which were not specified - continued.
    Writing for the Times of Israel, Stuart Winer wryly noted: “A protocol of the hearing noted that God did not turn up for the session, although it did not specify how the court determined the Omnipresent was not in fact there, as opposed to merely exercising the right to remain silent.”
    Sadly for the plaintiff, the judge determined the request to be delusional and refused to grant the order.

let's see now..you are a Jewish(God's chosen people) judge, in Israel ,(you know, where Jesus will reign one day and where God smote all those evil people, judges of Israel) and some idiot wants you put a restraining order against the Creator of the world,nay, the Universe, and the King of the Jews and Maker of man........

let me know how that works out there big brave judge....you get em...I will be 4000 miles away eating popcorn to watch this play out...

Last edited:

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Asked my wife to pick me up some beer at the store, she thought it'd be funny to get me boat cans. Looks like I'm drinking a 12 pack tonight.
    9e7086fa3493cdfc64e35de6480158dd.jpg

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom