• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootnstarz

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Cool, always loved King Airs. I'm still partial to the 90 series though, from back in the 70s. Cockpits were very cramped for the aircraft's size. Piper Navajos were even worse. Twin Cessnas were like penthouses up front, plenty of room.

Rick

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    My daughter has worked at Pensacola Aviation Center for 18 years, wife for 4. They and the other girls that work there keep a list of aircraft types they've flown on and ones they want to. My daughter has the record at this point for most different types including a B-17, two seat Mustang variant and many others.

My wife really wants to fly in a King Air. She finally got to and didn't even know it. The day she had her aneurysm the doctors at West Florida hospital put her into an induced coma and loaded her on one for the trip to NOLA. After she finally got back to normal we were discussing events that she was unaware of. When I told her she finally got the King Air ride but was knocked out she cussed. I told her not to worry, it still counts towards her total.:D

Seanpcola

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Rick, did you hear about the one that crashed at Ferguson's a few years ago? Guy bought it and had no time in type. Took off, flew the pattern behind the power curve and dumped it on the runway, ending up a big pile of aluminum. He and the passenger lived but my understand ING is that it wasn't insured.

Top Bottom