• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    The Moss. Main reasons were - - -> Moss holds one more shell. To me the Moss safety is much more acessable in this style of gun,although not so much in the weapons you shoulder. The Moss is easier to load with gloves on.
    I also like the forearm on the Moss somewhat better. I just might end up taking the strap off or altering it in some way. MagPul makes the forearm grip for the Rem and they offer one for the Moss also . . . just in case I wanted to go to that style of grip.
    Mossberg is now makeing a gun like the SERBU. It is on their website. It is a 4 shot and you have to go the ATF paperwork route. I believe the $5./AOW thing. But . . . the wait. Not for me. --- SAWMAN

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    MagPul makes the forearm grip for the Rem and they offer one for the Moss also . . . just in case I wanted to go to that style of grip.

The Magpul won't fit the Mossberg. Mossberg uses a 6.5" and 7 5/8" forend, the 14" guns use the 6.5 and the Magpul forearm is 7 5/8".

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I was wondering about that. When I went to the MagPul site it listed the forearm for the 590 . . . most likely meaning the 18" 590's.
    Thank you sir for confirming this for me. Saves me from buying one just to try. --- SAWMAN

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Can't find the link right now but the Oregon governor just told the state police to hold all approvals for Remington and Mossberg shorties.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    When my wife and I started talking (seriously) about moving out of Maine,we started doing a lot of reserch on other states laws that pertained to land ownership and use,gun ownership,hunting,and concealed carry laws. We were lucky in that we could go anywhere we wanted to.
    It was hard to believe just how shitty some states were. Long story short . . . . . We bought a house about 5 miles from where I grew up. Pensacola,Escambia Cty,ain't great,but better than most and not as good as some.
    Sooooo . . . to the people that will relocate by choice,check the laws CLOSELY. State,fed,and local. And how they could effect your way of life,especially if you have children.
    It is extremely sad when any part of the government will not allow us to protect ourselves and family. --- SAWMAN

bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Was living in Green River Wyoming for 18 years 1985 to 2003 and the wife said it was time to go to Florida, so here we are, traded wind chill for heat index :hurt:

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Calegon lawyers are scanning O.R.S. to find any shred of text that can be twisted into a reason to ban the Shorty's. They will find or write something new to achieve their goal. Next will come a "temp restriction order" from the anti gun she- gov pending Oregon legislature action. Just political knee jerk action because its cosmetics features look scary to them. What States will follow their lead?

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oregon has been Californacated . . that's for sure.
    Feds say it is ok . . . state sez it's not. Time for the people to speak. Will the pro gun types let their voices (and votes) be heard ?? Will the NRA help ??
    If Oregon succeeds in keeping this weapon from it's honest,law abiding citizens,who's next,and what's next ?? --- SAWMAN

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Too many dems/libs have abandoned the cesspool they created in CA. Sold their property for big bucks and invaded OR, WA and now western ID. They have and are changing the political balance because they are very vocal and active, overwhelming the docile residents before they could figure out what was going on. Portland is the new thugie LA and alt lifstyle San Fran combined.

Overtime

Fear the Wombat!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Well I had to pull the trigger on the mossberg shockwave for $369 free shipping no CC fees. Can't wait for it to get here.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oregon has been Californacated . . that's for sure.
    Feds say it is ok . . . state sez it's not. Time for the people to speak. Will the pro gun types let their voices (and votes) be heard ?? Will the NRA help ??
    If Oregon succeeds in keeping this weapon from it's honest,law abiding citizens,who's next,and what's next ?? --- SAWMAN

Oklahoma did it before any state.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I ordered one from PSA over a week ago now,still has not shipped.
    Like some other weapons,the lawmakers really feel that the street thugs will order one or buy one from an FFL when they can make their own in 5 minutes with a simple saw.
    OR . . . they are just using this for another reason to take the guns from the honest folk. It does look kinda scary. --- SAWMAN

Last edited:

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    I ordered one from PSA over a week ago now,still has not shipped.
    Like some other weapons,the lawmakers really feel that the street thugs will order one or buy one from an FFL when they can make their own in 5 minutes with a simple saw.
    OR . . . they are just using this for another reason to take the guns from the honest folk. It does look kinda scary. --- SAWMAN

Hey SAWMAN.......I got mine at the last fairgrounds gunshow from Jay's. Paid $26.00 more than yours is on order for. But I got it. LOL. Nan nana nana na! LOL :) In all seriousness, I hope to meet you some day. You sound like a good guy. We are both members of the PRPC, in fact, I'm on the Board, and I'm sure we have a lot of friends in common out there. I hope to meet you out there some day, SIR.
    I put 1.1mm thick Lizard Skins bat grip tape on the butt stock of mine. It makes a big difference. I've shot it on the Plinking Range twice now. Lots of fun. It's going to take some practice to make it hit where I want it too though. It's quite the conversation piece out there.

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Yep,been a member out there for 13+ years now. Great club . . . great bunch of members.
    I have yet to get shipping confirmation from PSA. Their site sez that it could take "up to 10 buisness days for shipping". I ordered it on 6/26 sooooooooo . . ???
    I'm thinking of trying a small green (daytime) laser on a pic rail for targeting. Already got the spare laser in the safe. Will probably go ahead and order a scope base for the gun. It just might make "general" target acquisition much faster. Easier to direct fire. It will make the weapon more bulky though. Don't know if I will like that.
    I will most likely do the grip like I do all my Glocks. A layer of bicycle inner tube stretched tight over it. --- SAWMAN

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Just got notification that my gun has been shipped.
    Wondering how "tight" you feel that your gun was. I plan on taking a buffing wheel to mine to slick everything up before shooting it.
    THEN . . . . we'll have a shootout at the club. 6 plastic water jugs each. Timed with my club timer. The looser buys lunch at Jimmy's. --- SAWMAN

Top Bottom