• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Just got notification that my gun has been shipped.
    Wondering how "tight" you feel that your gun was. I plan on taking a buffing wheel to mine to slick everything up before shooting it.
    THEN . . . . we'll have a shootout at the club. 6 plastic water jugs each. Timed with my club timer. The looser buys lunch at Jimmy's. --- SAWMAN

If I see Nate before your "firearm" arrives, I'll leave those shorty shot shells with him to give to you when you pick up your "firearm".

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Just got notification that my gun has been shipped.
    Wondering how "tight" you feel that your gun was. I plan on taking a buffing wheel to mine to slick everything up before shooting it.
    THEN . . . . we'll have a shootout at the club. 6 plastic water jugs each. Timed with my club timer. The looser buys lunch at Jimmy's. --- SAWMAN

Sounds like a deal I can go for. You're on! Looking forward to it. Your club timer.....certified by the Swiss Timepiece Institute? :) My Shockwave did not seem "tight" at all. Normal for a "firearm" I would say. Congratulations on it having been shipped.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I dunno . . . Fanner accepted that challenge a little too quickly.
    I got worried and bought several things that would "enhance" the shootability of my gun. I just might need all the help I can get for this one. --- SAWMAN

Fanner50

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    I dunno . . . Fanner accepted that challenge a little too quickly.
    I got worried and bought several things that would "enhance" the shootability of my gun. I just might need all the help I can get for this one. --- SAWMAN

LOL.....actually Fanner is going to bring money with him, because more than likely he will be the one paying. No lasers though, just as it comes from the factory. I can't afford one of them there fancy lasers. :) Us ole Southern boys are poorer than a church mouse.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    No laser . . . yet. Low drag mag follower with red insert for easier vieving,oversized safety (which will greatly facilitate tearing the web of my hand during recoil),and a two piece scope base,just in case I decide to go laser. --- SAWMAN

bobinbusan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What is the going rate per shell for these rounds, shorty shot shells?
    Buy them by the box of 25 or what, local or have to order them?

If I see Nate before your "firearm" arrives, I'll leave those shorty shot shells with him to give to you when you pick up your "firearm".

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I will do some testing with the "normal" 2 3/4" shells also. I do like the idea of a heavier shot load. The difference between 7/8ths oz of shot and 1oz or 1 1/4 oz of shot,in the smaller sized shot (#6,7 1/2,or 8) is substantial.
    NOW . . . factor in the added recoil impulse,plus able to carry 2 less shells . . . wondering if the difference between the mini shells and the regular ones is really worth it. Also the added price + availability of the mini's.
    I already have tons of 2 3/4" dove/quail loads,just not lightly loaded buckshot or the larger(BB or #2) lead shot. --- SAWMAN

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    What is the going rate per shell for these rounds, shorty shot shells?
    Buy them by the box of 25 or what, local or have to order them?

I think I paid $9.95 for a box of 20 at a gunshow years ago. I had an adaptor that allowed the firing of 12 gauge flares in my 26.5mm destructive device, so I got the mini shells that would work in the adaptor due to their short length. I then found a maker that upon proof I had a registered destructive device sent me a 26.5mm to full size 12 gauge adaptor that allowed me to fire full size 12 gauge shells in my DD. Sawman is a dear friend, so I gave the short shells to him.

It was $9.25.

Last edited:

kendive

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I think I paid $9.95 for a box of 20 at a gunshow years ago. I had an adaptor that allowed the firing of 12 gauge flares in my 26.5mm destructive device, so I got the mini shells that would work in the adaptor due to their short length. I then found a maker that upon proof I had a registered destructive device sent me a 26.5mm to full size 12 gauge adaptor that allowed me to fire full size 12 gauge shells in my DD. Sawman is a dear friend, so I gave the short shells to him.

I am trying to remember the price but yes they come in boxes of 20. I have tons of them still left over. Bought them log ago. I use them in my Keltec KSG.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    In my travels around P'cola this AM,ran across a Moss Shockwave that costs less than I will pay after the gun gets in my hands.
    Guess I should have waited. --- SAWMAN

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I'm thinking of going back tomorrow to get the one that I saw today because it was so cheap.
    Lets see . . . . one for my truck and one for the garage.
    HELL YEAH !!! --- SAWMAN

Overtime

Fear the Wombat!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just an FYI, brownells has them in stock for $369.99 shipped which is about the best price I've seen if anyone has to have one.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    FYI . . . . Was talking to a couple guys at a LGS today. Specifically about the Moss and Rem 14" non NFA guns.
    One guy that worked at the LGS that has always seemed to be "in the know" about the various BATFE laws,stated the starting a SBS build with one of these guns,even if you submitted the proper paperwork,as soon as you attached a buttstock,it STILL would be illigal.
    He went on to explain why . . . . however with me not knowing very much about these laws . . . . I still did not understand his reasoning.
    Anyone that wishes to use these guns for a SBS build should take a extremely close look at the appropriate laws. --- SAWMAN

Latest posts

Top Bottom