• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Fletch

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sheriff David Clark just hit the nail on the head. Said the thugs rioting out on the street could care less about Freddy Gray and would have just as easily shot him in a nightclub for bumping into them. I really don't have a rebuttal for that because I know it's the damn truth and so does everyone else. 90 percent of the murders in Baltimore are black on black on crime. Yes the isolated police brutality is an issue to be dealt with but that's an epidemic that everyone refuses to acknowledge.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Snarky comments and jokes aside, if you're arguing against this, either you believe that level of police brutality is OK, or you believe that non-violent protests are going to accomplish something. Its as simple as that. As you can see from the article I posted, this has been a long ongoing problem, which everyone was aware of, and even though new regulations and laws were passed, the cops simply ignored them.

Im perfectly willing to just watch it sort itself out. I dont have a dog in that fight. Cops got themselves into it. Let the cops get themselves out of it. But if the government side ups the level of violence, lets please not be all be shocked if they get even more violence in return.

Overtime

Fear the Wombat!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I mean, does anyone on here actually condone this level of police brutality?

Or does anyone here seriously believe that "non-violent protests" are going to get these people anything?

Ok, I'll be the bad guy. I think the criminal probably got what he deserved. This wasent some innocent bystander. He was a felon with 19 arrests on his record. He was a thug, plain and simple and the world probably is better off without him. There, I said what a lot of people are thinking. You're welcome.

And as far as the rioting. I can only hope that everyone looting and burning acting like idiots meets the same fate.

LowRiderRed

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    On the flip side, the mobs need to stop pretending like thousands of innocent, unarmed, black men are murdered by police every year. To listen to the rioters and media, you'd think cops were driving around shooting black men like they shoot the nutria in Lousiana. Simply not true.

As these riots get larger and larger, I can imagine the local police forces becoming less and less willing to police the area and more willing to simply focus on covering their asses. I can also imagine that when these riots are actively taking place, the police will begin allowing the mobs to run amok and will just clean up the mess after the bulk of the riots are done.

I know it may seem like that's what they're doing, but I'm talking about something different. I'm talking about a zero police presence in large areas of the inner city. Authorities telling law abiding folks to either lock up and arm up, or leave the city until the riots calm down. I can see that coming down the line. But what I see after that is martial law.

So what is the acceptable number of people the cops can kill? 2? 4? 25? 100? When do people (of any race or culture) rise up and say "enough"? Again I'm not condoning what the rioters do, but what are their options really? What would you do if Freddie Gray was your friend or relative? I'm not sure what I would do but I know I would be less than willing to believe the people that killed him when they say "don't worry, we'll take care of those responsible".

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I mean, does anyone on here actually condone this level of police brutality?

Or does anyone here seriously believe that "non-violent protests" are going to get these people anything?

No one condones blatant police brutality, and neither side of the debate should have to waste time saying that. But alas, people keep requiring that explanation.

Would it be ok for us whites to research stats and databases and make a list of white people who have experienced police brutality, and then pick a city and try to burn it down? Of course not. No one would condone that and it's a waste of time for me to repeatedly expect people to reassure me of that. It's nothing more than an attempt to label people who at some point don't respond as they are expected to.

Looking at the rioters with disdain does not place someone on the side of police brutality.

Overtime

Fear the Wombat!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If Freddie gray was my friend I would have probably tried to beat some sense into him 8 years ago when he first became a felon.i would have tried to help him and I would have warned him that the thug life only has one ending. An untimely death.

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    These animals aren't protesting what happened. They are using it to riot in the streets and steal shit. They were all lined up outside a cell oh one shop, robbed and burnt cvs along with other stores. It's not bit about what happened. It's animal actions at its finest.

So you are saying 2 wrongs make a right? I don't agree with this shit one bit.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I don't believe that lethal force is the answer. Let one more unarmed minor get killed through police action and things will just escalate. There are non lethal means of crowd control. I also agree that the six officers who broke the man's neck need to be interviewed and either exonerated or arrested.

JBryan314

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So what is the acceptable number of people the cops can kill? 2? 4? 25? 100? When do people (of any race or culture) rise up and say "enough"? Again I'm not condoning what the rioters do, but what are their options really? What would you do if Freddie Gray was your friend or relative? I'm not sure what I would do but I know I would be less than willing to believe the people that killed him when they say "don't worry, we'll take care of those responsible".

What number is acceptable for them to kill? That's a completely ridiculous question and it's nothing but a waste of time. The answer is obvious.

If Freddie Gray was my relative I might WANT to become a vigilante and kill everyone involved and then burn down their buildings. So here's a ridiculous question to match your ridiculous question: Should I be allowed to do that?

Please don't answer that question. It's a waste of time.

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Snarky comments and jokes aside, if you're arguing against this, either you believe that level of police brutality is OK, or you believe that non-violent protests are going to accomplish something. Its as simple as that. As you can see from the article I posted, this has been a long ongoing problem, which everyone was aware of, and even though new regulations and laws were passed, the cops simply ignored them.

Im perfectly willing to just watch it sort itself out. I dont have a dog in that fight. Cops got themselves into it. Let the cops get themselves out of it. But if the government side ups the level of violence, lets please not be all be shocked if they get even more violence in return.

Funny thing is there are more white people killed by cops every year than black people. FBI study. Where's the outrage against this statistic. Many if not all of these black people killed by the police, have had a long record in the past. Then the liberal media portrays these guys as victims.

Wrong, if you do bad, bad things will happen in return.

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I don't believe that lethal force is the answer. Let one more unarmed minor get killed through police action and things will just escalate. There are non lethal means of crowd control. I also agree that the six officers who broke the man's neck need to be interviewed and either exonerated or arrested.

Then maybe these people need to act like an adult and stop blaming whitey for everything

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ok, I'll be the bad guy. I think the criminal probably got what he deserved. This wasent some innocent bystander. He was a felon with 19 arrests on his record. He was a thug, plain and simple and the world probably is better off without him. There, I said what a lot of people are thinking. You're welcome.

And as far as the rioting. I can only hope that everyone looting and burning acting like idiots meets the same fate.

Really, the thread ended right here. I commend Overtime for coming out and saying it. There's really nothing left to discuss.

Jeb21

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Civil unrest is sometimes needed to evoke political and social change. If police brutality has been an ongoing problem, then the Freddie Gray incident may have been the last straw.

On the flip side, the sad truth is that there are many thugs who will take advantage of the situation to loot and kill. As a result an important message from the citizens to the government that continued abuse will not be tolerated gets lost in the fires, mugging, killings, overturned vehicle, and general vandalism.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    But in this case they would be right, a black man was killed by a group of white officers.

In a way that had a well known history, and had been specifically outlawed. And the cops just ignored the law.

Police brutality against prisoners being transported was addressed just six months ago in a plan released by Baltimore officials to reduce this misconduct. Department rules updated nine days before Gray's arrest clearly state that all detainees shall be strapped in by seat belts or "other authorized restraining devices" for their own safety after being arrested.

Commissioner Anthony Batts said there are no circumstances under which a prisoner should not be wearing a seatbelt during transport. "He wasn't wearing a seatbelt and that's part of our investigation," Batts told The Associated Press on Thursday. "It's our responsibility to make sure people are safely transported, especially if their hands are behind their back."

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    So where's the outcry for over 440 white people killed by police in 2013. That same year only 250 blacks were killed. Most blacks are killed by other blacks. Where's all the public and liberal outcry for those people.

That's right the liberals just dismiss them as gangsters and thugs........kinda how people dismiss this guy getting killed(he was just a thug). So how is that any different.......

Answer: there is none.

Just different agendas being pushed......that's all.....

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Honestly, when when the police commissioner admits his own cops violated the law, a man dies as a result of it, and nobody gets arrested, I don't know why everyone's all surprised when the wheels come flying off.

madeSICC88

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Damn did you see those guys drag another man out of a store and people start stomping on him? Animals.

Droshki

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So where's the outcry for over 440 white people killed by police in 2013. That same year only 250 blacks were killed. Most blacks are killed by other blacks. Where's all the public and liberal outcry for those people.

That's right the liberals just dismiss them as gangsters and thugs........kinda how people dismiss this guy getting killed(he was just a thug). So how is that any different.......

Answer: there is none.

Just different agendas being pushed......that's all.....

To begin with there are almost no reliable numbers of people killed by the police each year. Id be interested to know where you got yours (no snark). However, using your numbers, since whites make up 77.7% of the population and blacks, 13.2%, then a proportionate number of white deaths by police would be 1471. Well, well, above the 440 you quote. Hence the lack of outrage.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom