• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dan1612

Master
    I'll bet the Government is the buying copies of 4473s from Glock so that they know who to make disappear just before this summer. It was good knowing you fellas.

Django

Master
    Please accept my apologies if I have offended anyone by deleting those two posts. Please understand that this is my livelihood and do not wish to make things harder on myself by having Glock terminate my contract. Here is another clause of the contract:

DEALER shall adhere to the following rules of conduct:
    A. DEALER shall not disparage, denigrate, “run down” or make negative comments regarding a GLOCK competitor’s
    products and/or business.
    B. DEALER shall not sell GLOCK products or enter into any type of arrangement wherein the sale of GLOCK semiautomatic
    pistols are made conditional in any way on customer’s purchase of another company’s products.
    C. DEALER shall at all times maintain a professional appearance and shall not perform any of the duties set forth in this
    Agreement while intoxicated in any manner or under the influence of any type of drug or medicine.

Glock does enforce this if dealers use "unkind" words about Glock.

If we had the same rules here, GCGF would be a quiet place. Especially section "C".

Stanley13

I'm From AL and I Love to Shoot Shit
    I'll bet the Government is the buying copies of 4473s from Glock so that they know who to make disappear just before this summer. It was good knowing you fellas.

Its been real and it will b REAL FUN if they try!! Safety Second

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor

Thank god glocks suck ass and I've never owned one. LMAO!!!

:whistle:

I just don't understand why posts were deleted. Maybe it's just me.....

Doc

Droshki

Master
    I believe some of the "knicker knotting" comes from consumers that were unaware of the policy that GLOCK would be able to see their personal info IAW their dealer programs.

Right. My guess is that this was not disclosed to any of the purchasers. Until now.

Ryan

Master
    I have purchased from the Blue Label program and if they want to look at the 4473 go right ahead..I don't ever put my social security number on it and if they want to know how tall or chunky I am they can go ahead...I've registered at least one glock with them so they know where I live already. People that don't want them to look at this should pay full price or find a different brand.

SAWMAN

Master
    With Jimmy's,I doubt that 2A will ever become a MIL/LEO dealer. There is something to do with location,how close to another dealer. 2A stated what the deal was with Glock. He also stated that he was not a MIL?LEO dealer and could not sell at the same prices as Jimmy's.

It is not up to the dealer to inform the prospective buyer what his terms,conditions,and contracts are with his wholesalers,or the actual gun manufacturers ... IMO.

If 2A deleted his two posts,so what. I have deleted some of my posts also. Nothing wrong with that. 2A "sits fine" with me.

It is also my experience that some of the people on this forum of late that tend to worry about other peoples "knickers" had better strip down and untie their own. Their's are usually the "knottiest". --- SAWMAN

Last edited:

Droshki

Master
    I have purchased from the Blue Label program and if they want to look at the 4473 go right ahead..I don't ever put my social security number on it and if they want to know how tall or chunky I am they can go ahead...I've registered at least one glock with them so they know where I live already. People that don't want them to look at this should pay full price or find a different brand.

Well thats fine, but in the bigger picture, once a 4473 starts to become used for purposes other than its original intent, where does it stop?

Ryan

Master
    I hate to say it..but what is so personal on a 4473 that most people can't find on the internet about someone? Where I was born, weight, height, address, and state of residence isn't exactly super confidential information.

If people don't want the potential of this information getting out than they should...1. not buy a glock, 2. buy used. I work for the government so there isn't much they don't already know...and seeing how PII is kept in my organization..I really have low expectations of anything staying private.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    I hate to say it..but what is so personal on a 4473 that most people can't find on the internet about someone? Where I was born, weight, height, address, and state of residence isn't exactly super confidential information.

If people don't want the potential of this information getting out than they should...1. not buy a glock, 2. buy used. I work for the government so there isn't much they don't already know...and seeing how PII is kept in my organization..I really have low expectations of anything staying private.

I don't see what the big deal is ...people just like to complain

RevSteve

Master
    I haven't done a personal bill of sale lately but it's pretty much the same info off the 4473 and people give it to complete strangers.

Just Dave

Marksman
    If you are on forums like this they already have your info, and Dave, they have had our info for years! Who are They? Anyone that wants it

Still seems to me that Glock wants to give them the information without data mining. Why would anyone want to make it easier?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    My height and weight, age and how I qualify for their programs is public info for everyone already, so is your address and phone..sorry I don't see the harm, all they are doing is keeping their dealers in line...I am betting many MFG do the same thing.

Snow Bird

Master
    Frank I think you have started to mellow out alittle since you moved LOL. Thought you would say never buy from a dealer. I don't own a Glock and most likely never will but I am with some of the others on here. What diffrence does it make anyhow?

Any time you buy from a dealer the that information is out there for 20 years I think. Hell anyone that wants to can get that information any way. Hell your ssi no is even every where if the up to no good people want it. My nickers are in good shape. For today anyway.

Just Dave

Marksman
    My height and weight, age and how I qualify for their programs is public info for everyone already, so is your address and phone..sorry I don't see the harm, all they are doing is keeping their dealers in line...I am betting many MFG do the same thing.

I doubt seriously that I am at the top of their list since I don't flip firearms as much as some. At least my posts rarely include the phrase "bump".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    GLOCK responds...

“We regularly and randomly audit gun dealers to make sure that people in the Blue Label program are qualified buyers. We check the dealer’s copy of their qualifying credentials against the form 4473 to make sure that their ID matches the name on the form . . . We do not record any information from the form.”

GLOCK: We Don’t Record 4473 Info, But . . . .

Droshki

Master
    and from the comments there:

Why would GLOCK need to see the Form 4473s? It is the qualifying ID that is relevant. A record of the buyer’s name and qualifying membership type should be sufficient.

Droshki

Master
    Dealer McDealer sold 48 blue label guns. He's got a record with 48 qualifying IDs.

Why's it gotta go any further?

Top Bottom