• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JGH

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Garpo, JohnAL and myself are meeting at the FOP range Tuesday morning at 9AM if anyone wants to join us. I realize that you younger guys have jobs and other annoying things that you have to do on weekdays. But, if anyone can make it, you're welcome to join us.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Garpo, JohnAL and myself are meeting at the FOP range Tuesday morning at 9AM if anyone wants to join us. I realize that you younger guys have jobs and other annoying things that you have to do on weekdays. But, if anyone can make it, you're welcome to join us.

I wish I could go. I would much rather be shooting than sitting at a desk at work...

JGH

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I wish I could go. I would much rather be shooting than sitting at a desk at work...

The calendar has the range open for the rest of July. Do you want to go this weekend or some day after work? I would like to get in a little range time before it's closed in August. I hope it doesn't rain tomorrow morning like it is raining right now.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The calendar has the range open for the rest of July. Do you want to go this weekend or some day after work? I would like to get in a little range time before it's closed in August. I hope it doesn't rain tomorrow morning like it is raining right now.

I'm going to try to make it one afternoon this week, but I'm not sure when that'll be just yet. I'm going out of town on Thursday, so it would have to be either be tomorrow or Wednesday afternoon.

JGH

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm going to try to make it one afternoon this week, but I'm not sure when that'll be just yet. I'm going out of town on Thursday, so it would have to be either be tomorrow or Wednesday afternoon.

If it's not raining like heck, I may come back tomorrow afternoon. I'm tied up Wednesday and Thursday afternoons.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    If it's not raining like heck, I may come back tomorrow afternoon. I'm tied up Wednesday and Thursday afternoons.

I may try to make it around 6pm, depending on the weather and what else I may have to do this evening. I really want to get in at least one more range session before they shut it down for a month, but I've got a lot of stuff on my plate at the time being.

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I'm going to be there around 9:00 this morning because I don't see any rain heading our way for the next several hours. :pray:

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I may try to make it around 6pm, depending on the weather and what else I may have to do this evening. I really want to get in at least one more range session before they shut it down for a month, but I've got a lot of stuff on my plate at the time being.

I'm going to try to make it too, weather permitting.

Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    did you guys end up making it. I got tennjeep's message but my AC was broken and I was trying to get someone out to fix it.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    did you guys end up making it. I got tennjeep's message but my AC was broken and I was trying to get someone out to fix it.

Getting the A/C fixed would have definitely taken priority.

I got out there around 6 and Ian showed up late, as usual. Shot for almost an hour and only got hit by a few rain drops. I doubt I'll get out there again before they shut it down for August, but I'll let you know if I do.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Getting the A/C fixed would have definitely taken priority.

I got out there around 6 and Ian showed up late, as usual. Shot for almost an hour and only got hit by a few rain drops. I doubt I'll get out there again before they shut it down for August, but I'll let you know if I do.

Late as usual...
    :peep: I do have a commute :D.

I was going to leave when TennJeep1618 did, but then I decided to stay a while, shot for about another hour with my 226 X-Five Tactical and blasting big holes in the targets with some 12GA.

Had a really strange malfunction with my ever trouble ridden Sig SBR where a round jammed below the chamber pushing the bullet back into the case and letting loose a bunch of unburned gunpowder... it was really strange. Removed the round and tried to chamber another and it jammed half way into the chamber, popped it open and blew out the debris and ran another mag (unsuppressed this time) through it with no issues. The rounds were some pretty old chinese .223, not sure of whether or not that had anything to do with it.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'd be interested to hear how the range improvement is progressing, hopefully someone from the forum will be attending!

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I'd be interested to hear how the range improvement is progressing, hopefully someone from the forum will be attending!

I can’t make it or I would consider going. It's only been closed for a week and I'm already struggling with withdrawals.
    I miss the smell of gunpowder in the morning!

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If I can make it over there in time I will attend and give everyone an update!

Latest posts

Top Bottom