• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    We can do Les Baer VS my bastardized springfield GI, I think I can hang :D.

My membership card arrived in the mail yesterday, I had no idea that the range was open until sundown... I'll be up there many summer evenings practicing until dark!

Deal!

Yeah, I've been meaning to stop by on some afternoons on the way home from work, but I haven't done it yet. You just have to check the schedule here (http://foplodge43.org/) and make sure it's not reserved. I wouldn't mind seeing some of the LEO qualifications and trainings, but I'm not sure if it's allowed. I know we're not supposed to shoot when the range is reserved, but I wonder if observing would be ok.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Deal!

Yeah, I've been meaning to stop by on some afternoons on the way home from work, but I haven't done it yet. You just have to check the schedule here (http://foplodge43.org/) and make sure it's not reserved. I wouldn't mind seeing some of the LEO qualifications and trainings, but I'm not sure if it's allowed. I know we're not supposed to shoot when the range is reserved, but I wonder if observing would be ok.

Bring a pair of dark sunglasses, and I will bring some class 3 stuff. If they ask who we are, just tell them "its classified"... :D.

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    We can do Les Baer VS my bastardized springfield GI, I think I can hang :D.

My membership card arrived in the mail yesterday, I had no idea that the range was open until sundown... I'll be up there many summer evenings practicing until dark!

Yup, was there late yesterday afternoon. Just me and some other old fart.

It was late enough that a Fairhope black and white pulled in to check us out.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Yup, was there late yesterday afternoon. Just me and some other old fart.

It was late enough that a Fairhope black and white pulled in to check us out.

Did they not know the range was open until sunset, or was it late enough that they wanted you to wrap it up?

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have the feeling that being ~15 minutes from a range with such liberal hours is going to cost me a LOT of ammo. :madgrin:

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have the feeling that being ~15 minutes from a range with such liberal hours is going to cost me a LOT of ammo. :madgrin:

The main reason I went ahead and bought a turret press. Gonna try to hit it hard in the next couple weeks and build up a stock of complete ammo, not just a bunch of components.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I just realized something very sad. All of my weekends and most all weekday afternoons are spoken for at least 6-7 weeks out. Hopefully I'll be able to sneak a few rounds down range on my way home from work a couple times in the next several weeks, but it looks like my weekend range trips are out for a while.

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I just realized something very sad. All of my weekends and most all weekday afternoons are spoken for at least 6-7 weeks out. Hopefully I'll be able to sneak a few rounds down range on my way home from work a couple times in the next several weeks, but it looks like my weekend range trips are out for a while.

As you know, you can shoot until sundown. I do that often because usually I have the range to myself, even after the LEO's have it reserved. Don't forget to bring the mosquito repellant. :sad:

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    As you know, you can shoot until sundown. I do that often because usually I have the range to myself, even after the LEO's have it reserved. Don't forget to bring the mosquito repellant. :sad:

I'm going to try to do that sometime soon. As I said, a lot of my weekday afternoons are going to crammed full also. I should be able to get at least 1 afternoon in either next week or the week after. Keeping my fingers crossed.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    After working my tail off all weekend, I'm going to take an hour or so tomorrow afternoon after work and hit the range. I want to shoot some 25yd slow fire for groups. I haven't done that in quite a while.

ilintner

Retired
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was out there saturday evening for about an hour shooting my (the wife's) new airweight and the bugs were definitely biting. I was the only one there shooting, it was awesome in spite of the damn mosquitos.

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I was out there saturday evening for about an hour shooting my (the wife's) new airweight and the bugs were definitely biting. I was the only one there shooting, it was awesome in spite of the damn mosquitos.

Thanks for the reminder to pack bug spray.

Garpo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    JGH and I were out there this morning, no bugs, no people but by about 10:30 the heat drove us off. :bolt:

TennJeep1618

2M 1FTE
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Met Ian at the range yesterday afternoon for a little while. Had a good time. It was just the relaxation I've been needing lately.

Shot my best group with my Glock 21SF in the year or so that I've owned it. It's no Les Baer, but it gets the job done.

10 rounds, 7yds?, slow fire

20130702_1908540_zps42bbc335.jpg

Then proceeded to somewhat ruin a nice group by shooting 20 more rounds a little faster than I should.

20130702_192040_zpsf8859880.jpg

Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was on the FOP website and they said the range might be closed for august to make major repairs/upgrades. Anyone know if this is still happening? I just put my application in next week and am looking forward to getting some shooting time and hopefully meeting up with everyone.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom