• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ross7

Virtuoso
    GCGF Supporter
    Perhaps they suspect Trop Gun Shop of improper use of blue label pricing, but asking to see the 4473s seems a bit much.:hand:

Trop Gun Shop regrets to inform our customers that we will no longer be participating in the Glock Blue Label program. Effective immediately, Glock terminated us from the program for refusing to furnish access to our customers’ private information for the purposes of auditing by Glock employees.

Recently a representative of Glock entered our establishment and demanded access to view our records related to all Blue Label sales, specifically our ATF Form 4473s, which contain very detailed, personal and identifying information of our customers. We refused the Glock representative access to this information.

Trop Response to Glock Blue Label Program Termination

Hipower

Marksman
    If Glock can't trust them to verify compliance as a certified dealer then they can't trust them as a qualified rep. Congrats to Trop for refusing to show them customer private info without a lawful order from a court.

Droshki

Master
    Wow, Glock, Wow.

And um. Anyone thats turning their customer's personal information over like that.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Well it is a privilege to be a blue label dealer and I am surprised Glock asked for the info IF they did. Might just be the dealer trying to make themselves look better for cheating the system. We are getting only 1 side of the story here.

Ryan

Master
    Why would the 4473 form get shared with glock?....There is a separate form that I fill out with my DOD ID number since they can't have a copy of my military ID. I thought blue label dealers only make like $20 per gun they sell anyways? I don't really see the incentive besides them hopefully buying something else in store.

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Not really, I have no clue the standard operating procedure for LEO/MIL pricing from the various manufacturers and hearing this from a fired dealer seems to me could be sour grapes...I just don't know.

Droshki

Master
    Since 2ndAmendmentShooting confirmed it, I don't think there is much question.

SAWMAN

Master
    To 2A Shooting --> Allow me to ask streight up,are you are are you not supplying the info on the 4473's to anyone ... and if so WHO ?? Are you a Glock authorized mil/LEO dealer ??

I would greatly appreciate a direct response posted on this open forum. (I did not see what your post #3 and #4 above stated.) --- SAWMAN

Last edited:

JBryan314

Master
    To 2A Shooting --> Allow me to ask streight up,are you are are you not supplying the info on the 4473's to anyone ... and if so WHO ?? Are you a Glock authorized mil/LEO dealer ??

I would greatly appreciate a direct response posted on this open forum. (I did not see what your post #3 and #4 above stated.) --- SAWMAN

To 2A Shooting... Consider me to be the second person asking straight up if you're providing customer's 4473 info to anyone.

RevSteve

Master
    I have very limited understanding of the Blue Label Dist/dealer program. But IF a Glock rep walked into the store demanding to see forms it would be to verify the customers credentials and not their 4473. That would be very odd for a Glock rep to want to see a 4473. I would like to hear the full story to believe this one part of one side. Just saying...

oneshot

Master
    The only reason glock would come in ask to see anything was, that they had received a complaint and wanted check it out be fore saying anything, so why would you not let them, They didn't care about customer personal information. But to verify they would have to check the 4473 against the other information. So they were not doing it right. Just my 5 cents jj

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Fraud in the blue label program hurts the program. There is an audit clause in the agreement they signed when they became blue label dealers. This isn't about 4473s, it's about a company that can't follow their contractual obligations.

Droshki

Master
    Why would the 4473 form get shared with glock?....There is a separate form that I fill out with my DOD ID number since they can't have a copy of my military ID. I thought blue label dealers only make like $20 per gun they sell anyways? I don't really see the incentive besides them hopefully buying something else in store.

If this is accurate, and I have no reason to believe that it is not, I agree that there is very little to no incentive for fraud.

Droshki

Master
    I know one person in this thread that could completely clear things up for everyone.

Top Bottom