• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnnyRuger

Expert
    Prosecutor De La Rionda is seriously talking out of his ass. He listed Martin as 180 lbs in a Powerpoint and now just referred to him as a 158 lbs teenager. He really seems to just be making stuff up and is going to see what sticks to the wall.

Patoz

Marksman
    Yep, this prosecutor is blowing his whole case in his closing arguments. No only is he repeatedly beating a dead horse (no pun intended), he is whining like a actor on one of these stupid reality shows. He has made a couple of good points in his favor, but his credibility as a professional is going down the drain fast.

But, I guess that happens when you know you're prosecuting an innocent person.

One of his points was the fact Zimmerman re-holstered his weapon after he fired, as if that was a 'trained Police Officer technique', and therefore Z must have been an 'Operator' type. What the hell was he supposed to do with his weapon; throw it on the ground so someone else can pick it up and shoot him? Re-holstering is part if CCW training and responsibility.

Here again, ignorance of gun and gun handling prevails!

Last edited:

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Distortions and falsehoods is all he has since he lost the case already to fair minded people.

Patoz

Marksman
    Court is adjourned. We will have to wait until tomorrow to hear the defense's closing arguments.

Snow Bird

Master
    Turtle.The one thing I agree with you on is that if he had been tried on stand your ground and lost it would have hurt everyone. I feel that stand your ground will be looked at after this trial and who knowes what changes may or not be made to it. I have stated many times that I agree with SYG and ccw laws. One thing I have learned watching this and listening to some of the case laws that have been brought up is that it is not as cut and dried as one might expect...As far as disprect goes she would over rule>weather righr or wrong in your opion or my opion< and he would make the same objection time after time before moving on. That is the only times she got rarsh with him IMO.As far as side stepping the law I am not a lawyer and I don't know if you are not but I can't comment on it and if I did it would just be what I think and not fact on my part...Now for lighter things. I just got back from GOLD MINE PAWN. I do agree with the name GOLD MINE. I paid there prices because they had what I need and it doesn't seem to be found any where else. They have powder but you have to ask for it. No large rifle primers. Have small rifle primers. Several different sizes 308 bullets but couldn't make myself pay thar price.

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    I'll say it again and get flamed again. Zman blew the fine print of SYG when he got out of the car and followed TM. I still believe it was a good self defense shoot and I am really glad the defense was smart enough to not try to use SYG.

Patoz

Marksman
    Excellent article and definitely worth reading!

Black Racism Killed Trayvon ...

By Rev. Jesse Lee Peterson

Rachel Jeantel, the troubled young woman who was speaking on the phone to Trayvon Martin just before he was killed, testified in George Zimmerman’s second-degree murder trial that Martin called Zimmerman a “creepy a– cracka” before their violent confrontation.

I’ve been warning for the past 23 years that black racism is out-of-control – it appears black racism killed Trayvon Martin, and Paula Deen’s career!

Since the shooting of Martin, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson and the NAACP (along with the liberal media) have done their best to portray Martin as an innocent kid tiptoeing through the tulips who just happened to be the victim of a racist white vigilante (even though Zimmerman is half Hispanic).

Blatant hostility and racism toward whites is common among black youth. Martin’s friend Rachel Jeantel admitted that where she comes from, the term “cracka” is a common term used to describe whites.

Before his death, Martin was suspended from school; he was caught with a marijuana pipe; it was reported he had burglary tools in his locker; and it was recently revealed that pictures of marijuana plants and someone suspected to be Martin holding a gun were found on his cell phone. Does this sound like a well-adjusted teenager?

And it gets better, read the rest here: http://www.bondaction.org/content/article/37076/Black Racism Killed Trayvon

Idoono

Master
    It amazes me that when they tried to make it about SYG in the beginning and it didn't work, they made it about race. Just a bunch of rabble-rousing a-holes who are taking this country down the shitter. I cringe when I think of the country we are leaving our grandchildren. From the greatest generation to the worse in 50 years. :pray:

Idoono

flyandscuba

Master
    I'll say it again and get flamed again. Zman blew the fine print of SYG when he got out of the car and followed TM. I still believe it was a good self defense shoot and I am really glad the defense was smart enough to not try to use SYG.

Flame on! :wink:

I disagree. The Florida SYG statute covers you "anywhere you have a legal right to be". Z certainly had a legal right to be on the property and sidewalks of his own community. Following someone (suspicious or not) IS NOT a crime.

The only crime committed that night -- was the assault & battery that was initiated by "angel" Trayvon. Yes, it is a CRIME to attack a stranger who you believe to be following you, if they have made no threatening action toward you. Speaking with the 911 Operator is not a threatening action (uness you are up to no good).

Trayvon was not defending himself -- he was on the attack. He saw a shorter, softer "creepy ass cracker" and decided he was going to teach him a lesson. He got the upper hand during the initial attack -- but it cost him his life. Trayvon was a thug and a turd -- and his toilet got flushed, courtesy of Kel Tec and Sellier & Bellot...

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Good article Patoz. Too bad the media will not pick it up and the non-crackers will not or can not read it.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Flame on! :wink:

I disagree. The Florida SYG statute covers you "anywhere you have a legal right to be". Z certainly had a legal right to be on the property and sidewalks of his own community. Following someone (suspicious or not) IS NOT a crime.

The only crime committed that night -- was the assault & battery that was initiated by "angel" Trayvon. Yes, it is a CRIME to attack a stranger who you believe to be following you, if they have made no threatening action toward you. Speaking with the 911 Operator is not a threatening action (uness you are up to no good).

Trayvon was not defending himself -- he was on the attack. He saw a shorter, softer "creepy ass cracker" and decided he was going to teach him a lesson. He got the upper hand during the initial attack -- but it cost him his life. Trayvon was a thug and a turd -- and his toilet got flushed, courtesy of Kel Tec and Sellier & Bellot...

This^^^^^^

Despite how anyone "feels", following someone or even asking them questions isn't against the law. However, beating someone's ass for following you or asking you a question is against the law in Florida as well as every other state I'm aware of, depending on the severity of the beating it ranges anywhere from a misdemeanor to a felony.
    To those that have said he was stalking him, look up the legal definition of stalking in Florida. One incident of following someone doesn't meet the legal definition by any stretch of the imagination.

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Turtle.The one thing I agree with you on is that if he had been tried on stand your ground and lost it would have hurt everyone. I feel that stand your ground will be looked at after this trial and who knowes what changes may or not be made to it.

They have already assembled a panel, the panel spent 6 months holding hearings/meetings all over the state. Their final analysis was that there needed to be no substantial changes to the law.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/n...round-panel-keep-self-defense-law-inta/nS5yj/

Stand your Ground
    Task force recommendations
    • All people, regardless of citizenship status, have a right to feel safe and secure in our state. To that end, all people have a fundamental right to stand their ground and defend themselves from attack with proportionate force in every place they have a lawful right to be and are conducting themselves in a lawful manner.
    • The legislature should clearly define “unlawful activity” as used in the part of the law that says defensive deadly force is not justifiable if the person using it is engaged in unlawful activity.
    • Law enforcement agencies, prosecutors, defense attorneys and judges should increase training regarding self defense laws to ensure fair application of the laws.
    • The legislature should define the role of neighborhood watch participants to limit them to observing, watching, and reporting potential criminal activity. The task force said the purpose should not be to pursue, confront, or provoke potential suspects. The law currently does not define participants’ roles.
    • Regarding the part of the law that says a person using justifiable force is “immune from criminal prosecution and civil action,” the legislature should examine the definition of “criminal prosecution” to remove any ambiguity for police to complete their investigation. The law now prohibits “arresting, detaining in custody, and charging or prosecuting” someone who uses justifiable force but it also says a police agency can use “standard procedures for investigating the use of force.”
    • The legislature should consider allowing innocent third-party victims to sue someone who uses justifiable force. The law now prohibits such lawsuits.
    • The legislature should fund a study of how the law has been applied, including variables such as race, ethnicity and gender.

Snow Bird

Master
    Donr,I read alot of should be done in these recomaditions...That would lead me to beleave that some.. of these things aren't being done at this time.To me that would be changes in the law,or at least additions to the law. As a hole these recomaditions make alot of sense to me and clearley additions to the law.

Snow Bird

Master
    Kind of off topic but I have often wondered what SOME members here would if someone was following them in a car where they had every right to be then that person got out of the car and followed on foot would do. I know some would kindley ask what are you doing following me . Others might not have that same approch and we can only guess what that would be. Being males some would go to the fight mode instead of the flight mode and run to the house.Another thing we will never know what words were spoken between those to either or even if they were spoken...It has been brought up many times thar T was shone with a gun.Pray that nobody on this forum is ever involved in a shooting and some DA brings charges aginst them. Most of us have a picture of us with guns and have posted many pictures of them. Some remarks made here I am sure would not be wante'd to be brought into court...Just saying

donr101395

Master
    Super Moderator
    Donr,I read alot of should be done in these recomaditions...That would lead me to beleave that some.. of these things aren't being done at this time.To me that would be changes in the law,or at least additions to the law. As a hole these recomaditions make alot of sense to me and clearley additions to the law.

Training government employees how to apply the law which is what most of the recommendations revolved around aren't changes to the law. The only changes to the law I see in their recommendations are defining unlawful activity and allowing innocent third parties to sue in civil court. I don't disagree with them, anyone with a 5th grade civics class should be able to define unlawful activity, but hey if they want to define go for it.

Top Bottom