• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Choppa6

40 Watt Phased Plasma Rifle
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am in need of a Conceal holster. I have looked at a few manufacturers. Galco, Fobus ect... Even places like the dude at the Gun shows, But nothing has said to me " You need me!"
    So, I have taken to account my size, ( Large house cat ) accessibility, and comfort. But nothing stands out. Any thoughts?

I have tried mid back, and right IWB models. Not sure what I like better. The choice I make, is one I am gonna have to live with for awhile due to $$$.

Thanks guys!

Pompnewbie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    What size firearm are you trying to conceal? I myself am thinking of going with a modular holster IWB/OWB like the Raven concealment Phantom.. but ive heard good things about crossbreed supertucks

joe

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I am no expert but have wasted some money on a few.

IMO it depends on what you have to wear & if you have to have your shirt tucked in when you want to carry. Also will you be standing most of the time, getting up & down, or just setting. For me the most comfortable place to carry is just behind my right hip. It allows me to set comfortably with the gun still on me. You just have to figure out what is comfortable for you.

If you are going for one you can wear with a shirt tucked in then then it is hard to beat the Hybrid cross breed type. This one can be adjusted to ride high or low. I chose this company because I can change the kydex shell for different guns. I have a shell for 3 different guns. http://www.whitehatholsters.com/replacement-kydex/

For all other situations I prefer a smaller one similar to the holsters suggested above or an old fashion leather one. The leather ones do not have as much retention but usually enough.

Dead eye luke's prices look real good to me or there is a company in Daphne called http://alabamaholster.com/ but their prices are higher. I had them make me one the other day while I waited. Really I went to eat & ran around for a while as it was being made. Supposedly if you order online they are backed up for weeks. IMO It is super heavy duty, more then it needs to be. The kydex material seems extra thick.

Last edited:

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Hossfly72

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'll 2nd the vote for Dead Eye Luke.. I use the P-Chip for my P-11 and it's OUTSTANDINGLY comfortable!

Ryan

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Im abiut to order a deadeyeluke for my xds hope the wait isnt too long

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Milesvdustin

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ive been using a crossbreed super tuck. When I am just going on a quick errand, I use an Allen belt slide holster. Been using that one more than the cb lately. They are about 14 bucks at academy. G26 or a g30, same Allen slide holster.

Clay

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As much as I like to keep things local, I have been very satified with my clipdraw use for my Glocks and Keltec:

http://www.clipdraw.com/

+1 - I have these on all my pistols I carry and just love them. Last night put it on my new XD-S 45 and it's perfect, barely notice I'm carrying it. $16 on Amazon and if you're a Prime member, arrives in 2 days.

qa4a2ytu.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372848427.792097.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372848427.792097.jpg
      ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372848427.792097.jpg
      31.4 KB · Views: 196

DaBreeze

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Ive been using a crossbreed super tuck. When I am just going on a quick errand, I use an Allen belt slide holster. Been using that one more than the cb lately. They are about 14 bucks at academy. G26 or a g30, same Allen slide holster.

+1 on the Allen holster

joe

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    +1 - I have these on all my pistols I carry and just love them. Last night put it on my new XD-S 45 and it's perfect, barely notice I'm carrying it. $16 on Amazon and if you're a Prime member, arrives in 2 days.

qa4a2ytu.jpg

View attachment 9410

So do you have nothing covering the trigger or are you using one of those little Kydex covers?

Last edited:
    Top Bottom