• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What surprises me that the hipoint design not only handles 40 and 45, now they have pistols and carbines in 10mm. I have some winchester nato spec 9mm that i may try in my very old 995 carbine. I bought it used and it did not work. A couple of years ago I got new springs from high point and all was good. I have only fired fmj in it so far.
    Found about new springs at the hipoint forum but some ex-moderator there was so antagonistic, that I left it. I got the information that I needed and the 995 now works.
    HiPoint does overcharge for those guns, but they still are a good deal. The slides are die cast from the same techniques used for auto parts. Frame is polymer and barrel is steel. Likely the rest of the metal is mim parts. (metal injection molding)

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    I wish that when they copied the design, they would've retained the 18rnd magazines!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240119-000953-078.png
      Screenshot_20240119-000953-078.png
      1.2 MB · Views: 10

woodsy85

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    What surprises me that the hipoint design not only handles 40 and 45, now they have pistols and carbines in 10mm. I have some winchester nato spec 9mm that i may try in my very old 995 carbine. I bought it used and it did not work. A couple of years ago I got new springs from high point and all was good. I have only fired fmj in it so far.
    Found about new springs at the hipoint forum but some ex-moderator there was so antagonistic, that I left it. I got the information that I needed and the 995 now works.
    HiPoint does overcharge for those guns, but they still are a good deal. The slides are die cast from the same techniques used for auto parts. Frame is polymer and barrel is steel. Likely the rest of the metal is mim parts. (metal injection molding)

I’m in that forum. Couple of guys can be Aholes but not too bad. Tons of info there, far beyond hi points. Lots of knowledge on knives, survival and gunsmithing. Great place to learn stuff imo.

My early 2000’s gen 1 995 carbine has shot anything I’ve fed it. I haven’t tried +p but it’s rated for it.

I sent it in for a full overhaul last year. Came back with the original frame and barrel, everything else replaced. Cost me $30 to ship it to them, no charge from them and back in about 2 weeks. They’ll rebuild any hi point, no questions asked, for free, and even cover return shipping.

You used to be able to call for extra recoil springs and firing pins for free. They still send them but have started charging a small fee for shipping, like 5-7 bucks. Good to have some on hand. The ejector is integrated into the firing pin so prone to breaking. I’ve only broken 1 in a couple thousand rounds. The parts themselves are free. Their customer service can’t be beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Many years ago I fired one of those and did not like the trigger. It does hold 18 rds vs 10 for the yeet cannon. The police version would fire bursts of three when a special stock was a attached.
    That was my 1st pistol, gifted to me by my father. Yes the triggers were pretty bad, but they were ahead of their time.

FowlHunter13

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I have a story about a Hi Point. When I was stationed in Kodiak, AK. we would go shooting quite a bit. One of the young kids was asked to accompany us on one of our shooting trips and he was hooked. He went to the exchange to purchase a firearm and joined us on our next shooting trip. Out came the Hi Point 9mm(C9 I believe). We all gave him so much crap, he almost started crying. We got to shooting and that dang thing never missed a beat. We would all bring a 50 round box of 9mm to shoot from it every time we went to shoot. I swear after 2 years that thing had to have 3 to 4 thousand rounds through it. That joker never had a failure of any kind. I have seriously thought of picking one up. Especially the carbines! I will admit, I am a gun snob and those damn things are just butt ugly. I just can’t do it! I will never talk down to someone that has one, and I will gladly squeeze off a few rounds on one at the range, but I just can’t own a firearm that is that dang ugly.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have no idea why they won't design one that takes glock. Magpul mags, its just stupid.
    They just do not want make any radical changes to their design for some reason. They seem to have no problem with sales as they are and so if it ain't broke, then don't fix it.

woodsy85

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have no idea why they won't design one that takes glock. Magpul mags, its just stupid.

Money. I’m guessing at $140 retail, they’re not making much per unit on the C9. But at $20+ a pop for a mag that only they make, with probably a pretty minimal cost of production, they’re making more money if someone buys 2 extra mags than on the gun itself. You gotta figure most people pick up a couple spares eventually. Only an assumption, but I bet it’s not far off.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Money. I’m guessing at $140 retail, they’re not making much per unit on the C9. But at $20+ a pop for a mag that only they make, with probably a pretty minimal cost of production, they’re making more money if someone buys 2 extra mags than on the gun itself. You gotta figure most people pick up a couple spares eventually. Only an assumption, but I bet it’s not far off.

They are listed for a lot more at High Point
    C9 Money ; Model C9 (9mm). MSRP $199.00. Features: Black powder coat ; Model C9 HC (9mm). MSRP $213.00. Features: Black powder coat. Hard case.

woodsy85

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    They are listed for a lot more at High Point

MSRP. Realistically they can be had for $140 or less.

$120 at Vance Outdoors right now.

cf446256fe8c4cff9ceb0a84d805a6cd.jpg

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    MSRP. Realistically they can be had for $140 or less.

$120 at Vance Outdoors right now.

cf446256fe8c4cff9ceb0a84d805a6cd.jpg

Vance Outdoors seems to located in Ohio with four stores. Guess where high point is located:
    Mansfield, Ohio

Hi-Point Firearms is a company based out of Mansfield, Ohio, United States.

At sports academy: With sports academy credit card take 5% off.

Hi-Point Firearms 9mm Pistol​

Eligible for Buy Now, Pay Later with Sezzle

Shop Hi-Point Firearms
    $189.99

woodsy85

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Vance Outdoors seems to located in Ohio with four stores. Guess where high point is located:
    Mansfield, Ohio

Hi-Point Firearms is a company based out of Mansfield, Ohio, United States.

At sports academy: With sports academy credit card take 5% off.

Hi-Point Firearms 9mm Pistol​

Eligible for Buy Now, Pay Later with Sezzle

Shop Hi-Point Firearms
    $189.99

Yeo , Ohio based. Nice to see an American company doing well.

Maybe not on sale now. They were 120-140 everywhere throughout the holidays.

I was not aware sports academy existed anymore, thought they went bankrupt. I always enjoyed going there growing up. All the stores in my area closed down long ago.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

I was not aware sports academy existed anymore, thought they went bankrupt. I always enjoyed going there growing up. All the stores in my area closed down long ago.

Pensacola is quite busy.
    There is a new one at:

Foley - Orange Beach​

2410 S McKenzie St, Foley, AL 36535
    (251) 952-3434
    Open today from 9:00 am - 10:00 pm

Other store locations
    1705691312169.png

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

These days I seldom go into gun stores. I am mostly buying ammo and parts off the internet.
    At $140 dollars I would be tempted, but I have no need for a high point at the moment.

woodsy85

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    These days I seldom go into gun stores. I am mostly buying ammo and parts off the internet.

Same. Even with transfer fees it’s still usually way cheaper the a LGS. Some of the big box chains have decent deals but the local mom and pop stores I’ve been to lately were shocking in their pricing.

Top Bottom